GHK M4 GBBR - available after Chinese New Year

hitmanNo2

They look mostly WA design in the lower, but the FCG is all steel anyway, so shouldn't need after market parts...hopefully. Not seeing anything amazingly different outside the current offerings...

The magazines are where the real hope is

I know but FInbarqs mentioned swapping out his INO parts for ghk ones, I was saying that it's likely they won't fit- the bolt catch area in particular is very different to the WA.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got to say, looking at those pictures, all I can conclude is that either the WA AR-15 was the most ahead-of-its-time GBBR design ever, or this isn't going to be as innovative as we were lead to believe.

Have to agree. I said earlier that it looks like another WA clone internally.

The bolt seems to have some changes, and the amount of detail gone into making it look as close to real as possible is great. The internals of the nozzle look a little different from the pics of the replacement part over at samoon, and the hop up design.

Otherwise, its down to the mags to deliver the performance. Ive got a feeling it'll be similar to the LM4 performance wise.

Think we're going to have to wait for the Marui MWS to see any really interesting changes.

Origin didn't you just buy a WE AAC? Quite quick to consider GBB AR with different mags! I used to think I'll decide between this and TM one, but after reading about the materials and also the fact that they released v2 co2 mags with it, it seemed to be a better choice than the TM is likely to offer.

I used to think I'll decide between this and TM one, but after reading about the materials and also the fact that they released v2 co2 mags with it, it seemed to be a better choice than the TM is likely to offer.

Knowing that the TM one is designed for the weak gas they have to use to stay within the legal power limit, I am not sure it is going to work well on propane. Hail TM. So I agree, GHK seems to be a better choice.

He's also been considering a LM4... seems different mags isn't too much of an issue for him!

Yes I have been considering an LM4, but want to see a review of this before I make up my mind. Is that okay with you, or do I need permission to use more than one system?

I have several WE platform rifles, and have used them for a long time. There is only so much you can learn from reviews and videos though, so unless I try either of these ill never really know if I prefer them or not.

Sorry, seemed like you were saying I'm just all talk or something. I just have a case of "The grass is always greener..."

Anyway, back on topic: After speaking to someone in Taiwan, the GHK has had some positive feedback from people who've now received theirs, but still no real performance reviews.

No no not at all. Im also very interested in knowing how these fare against others. I have an LM4 and love it when it works which unfortunately isn't very often for some reason! 

Because it's a gas gun.

I run WA/Prime M4's, and they've never been anything but laser accurate and reliable machines with bomb-proof mags. Other people have torn their hair out over the things. I've had a WE which was great, others have hated them. Had an LM4 which was great, but didn't like the wobbly receiver rail and the hop wearing down quickly.

The GHK will be the same, for some it'll be the perfect GBBR, others will get lemons that'll break, others will try and fit ACM parts, wreck the gun and then complain about it online, etc. 

Because it's a gas gun.

I run WA/Prime M4's, and they've never been anything but laser accurate and reliable machines with bomb-proof mags. Other people have torn their hair out over the things. I've had a WE which was great, others have hated them. Had an LM4 which was great, but didn't like the wobbly receiver rail and the hop wearing down quickly.

The GHK will be the same, for some it'll be the perfect GBBR, others will get lemons that'll break, others will try and fit ACM parts, wreck the gun and then complain about it online, etc. 

Nope I'm fully aware of it being a gas gun and the needs for maintenance. I have done that and more but its the actual parts that are breaking and causing issues. I'm not expecting it to be reliable without maintenance. But I do expect it to work more than it is broken. I've had it 1 year and not used it once, even bought another broken for spares and repairs. But that one time it did work it was a dream, laser accurate as you say and I never had an issue with the mags. 

I have not fitted ANY ACM parts. The only upgrade was a maple leaf hop tensioner and rubber. I've had nozzles smashed, nozzle springs mangled and issues with accuracy also. Please don't assume I am one to complain online when something isn't working, that is probably the first time I have even mentioned mine is unreliable. I have pumped enough money into it to accept that even though I have a very good understanding of all the components I am obviously missing something, as well as sending it to a certain scottish retailer who charged me for labour and made the situation worse. It is now in the hands of another tech who I trust to get it working as it should if not better. Once that is done they are going swiftly up for sale along with the 12 mags I have for it and I will probably be purchasing one of these. 

Nope I'm fully aware of it being a gas gun and the needs for maintenance. I have done that and more but its the actual parts that are breaking and causing issues. I'm not expecting it to be reliable without maintenance. But I do expect it to work more than it is broken. I've had it 1 year and not used it once, even bought another broken for spares and repairs. But that one time it did work it was a dream, laser accurate as you say and I never had an issue with the mags. 

I have not fitted ANY ACM parts. The only upgrade was a maple leaf hop tensioner and rubber. I've had nozzles smashed, nozzle springs mangled and issues with accuracy also. Please don't assume I am one to complain online when something isn't working, that is probably the first time I have even mentioned mine is unreliable. I have pumped enough money into it to accept that even though I have a very good understanding of all the components I am obviously missing something, as well as sending it to a certain scottish retailer who charged me for labour and made the situation worse. It is now in the hands of another tech who I trust to get it working as it should if not better. Once that is done they are going swiftly up for sale along with the 12 mags I have for it and I will probably be purchasing one of these. 

Ahh man, I really should have worded that better! I didn't for a moment mean to sound as if I was referring to you specifically.

What I was getting at is that GBBR's really do seem to be almost magical in their ability to either suck or rock. My LM4 I ran for a good 10 games; It functioned great for the first 5 in stock form. It was accurate, reliable, etc. But as soon as it got below 14c, I'd have a delayed cycle every time I pulled the trigger and cooldown issues. The upper receiver rail become wobblier, the hop began to wear down, etc.

However, I know of a fair few people who've run the LM4 since it came out and it's been a tank of a gun. Hell, I liked mine and with a few replacement parts I'm sure I could have maintained it's performance, but I never really loved it due to the externals.

My WA's are a good example; I've fiddled the hops on all of them for accuracy and consistency, but other than that I've done literally nothing. On a WA platform gun. And I'm talking about like, 7 or 8 of them that I've owned now and the 2 lowers/3 uppers I have at the moment. Yet if you look at the general consensus on WA guns, they're utterly atrocious things entirely and should be melted down for scrap. 

The point I'm trying to make is that it's often a case of buying and trying every GBBR system available for your specific gun; There are good starting points, but sometimes it's easier for someone to work with one system than it is for someone else, etc. I didn't mean to suggest your bad time with the LM4 was in any way your fault; apologies if it came across that way.

Haha seems like everyone is getting the wrong end of the stick in this thread at the moment! My apologies for jumping down your throat! :)

You're right though GBBRs can be very temperamental. I had similar to you it was fine then just deteriorated fast.. Shame really as they really are so much fun! I would be interested to know what you've done with your WA to make them so good, I contemplated them before going with the KWA but reviews put me off! Seems I chose wrong.

I'm going to be waiting out on reviews for now and possibly wait for the TM then make my mind up, for now I'll stick to my P* and RM4s :)

Archived