WISH LIST - Guns that need to be made!

malthus101

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I think KWA cancelled the SPHINX.

Well I am not suprised, they did seem to have a lot of stuff vanish after some troubles last year or so.

Saying that they look to have a 945C coming with the Makarov so might plump for that. :P

However a CZ82/83 would be nice and a Ruger 80/90 somthing would be good too but I just never see a Ruger getting made in the same way the 9mm and .40 Smith and Wessons don't get made, they are common civvie guns and unlikely to appeal much to the more general military feel of airsoft. Plus perhaps they are not big in Far East Asia. Shame really :(.

'FireKnife'

I'd like to see an M16 HBAR. It was a concept in the 80's IIRC. Heavy barrel for sustained fire. Belt feed rifles were chosen over it like the smaller calibre SAW's. Pic here - http://world.guns.ru/machine/usa/m16-lsw-lmg-e.html

Guns like the M16 HBAR, BAR 1918, Bren and L86LSW have been traditionally disregarded as a support weapon with the two main criticisms generally being their low ammo capacity for suppressive fire and their accuracy - the spread of rounds (or cone) is typically smaller on these guns as opposed to the SAW. This was especially noted on the Bren and was considered too accurate for firing into a massed target.

Ironically however the USMC is swapping out some of their SAW's in favour of the M27 which is an HBAR H&K, citing the increased range and accuracy of the class of weapon being a benefit over the SAW. I think the article also said that the M27 gunner would have 20 magazines issued to him however which was to be some weight!

With this in mind I also want to see the M27 IAR made. Would be an easy one for TM with the H&K stuff they already make.

You know Iron Airsoft made a 20DS? Billet aluminium, limited edition, very nice piece, and you can still get them by virtue of the asking price being seven hundred dollars.

Limited Editions doesn't count as you can't skirmish them for fear of a breakage.

Also, the 2" barrel is fugly. Go big or go home. ;)

Limited Editions doesn't count as you can't skirmish them for fear of a breakage.

Agree oh so much.

Sure some models of guns I would like exist but as they either have no parts support, use non-standard parts, are way too expensive and limited edition etc I just don't want to buy them and game with them for fear of it not performing as well as my other guns or just breaking and becoming an expensive paperweight.

Though I would love a Makarov as even if the hop unit isn't great and it only shoots accurately to like 15m I don't mind as I would be using it as a backup or off hand gun anyway so all is good.

'FireKnife'

Archived