The G&P one was the only one that wouldn't need too much work. The knock pin placement on the G&P barrel was in virtually the same position as the KWA one. The madbull and hurricane outer barrels I had floating around would have needed too much work to accommodate the position of the knock pin and the KWA hop unit.

Interesting. I've been looking at my scout barrel and it looks to me that I should be able to fit a three cell lipo near the receiver where the standard barrel profile thins. Might mean I don't need to change the outer barrel. My dreams of having an NSR without a PEQ are coming closer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

That RIS is pretty nice (likely cost as much if not more than the gun itself) but how difficult is it to get on and off to get a battery plugged in? I mean some wouldn't be too bad like a DD RIS 2 (although 6 screws is kinda a pain) but doabe. And I still have yet to get my damn dust cover open. The charging handle refuses to open it. Even if I kinda walk it out trying to hit the release it just won't I wonder if the pin is worn down or something. Really was hoping to not have to open up the receiver for such a issue. 

I've just installed an NSR on mine.. its a bit of a pain to get the battery as you've got to remove the screw attaching it to the barrel nut but that's not too much of a faff.. I think I'll have to get rid of the fuse to fit it in there though which I'm a bit dubious about right now! 

On those Giesellies I think its just the two screws on the right of the rail.

• 2 years later...