Hey guys,

just a quick video review from me about the new VFC MP7A1 Navy. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I will be happy to answer any of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqk6oIGXxb4

I have done an accuracy test at the very end of the video. There is also a link to a blowback in the video if you are interested in that.

Best regards,

Alkany

• Like 1
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay, guys, so let me tell you this.   I have since gotten in touch with UMAREX and informed them about my issues with the VFC MP7. I told them that I tried it with 3 different sorts of gas as well

Exactly.     I think problem is more simple. Mistake at pin (and it's rails) degree.   Here is the photos:   No Manual Bolt Lock   Bolt Lock Manually   Details

Not that it matters as that warning/copyright paragraph is removed easier than Brazil from this years World Cup.  Surely the power up silencer can't be much heavier than the VFC one, it doesn't make

It looks bigger than the KWA I have, probably because the VFC is the right size. Let's hope it's more durable than certain other VFC GBBRs. I don't really like that gas tube sticking out, but the rest actually looks really nice. Can you please keep us updated on the durability? If it doesn't destroy itself in a few months, it might actually be a great addition :D

• 2 weeks later...

It's a shame really because even though it's the correct 1:1 scale there's just no chance it will shoot as well as the Marui mp7. Which is just magic, 145mm barrel that out ranges m4 aeg's probably down to TM's hop unit. Therefore for me it's just not an option.

I would not necessarily say that. It actually shoots well if you only take factors such as range and accuracy into consideration, but then again, not being able to get through a whole mag in fast semi without serious cooldown issues is a total let down for me.

nice review.

BTW: you have really really good English (very faint German accent)

Thanks. I lived abroad for a while :)

• Like 1

@ NonEx, when i had a KSC Mp7A1 i used guarders 220psi gas, i use it to almost all my pistols and GBBR´s.

To this day only one have shown real tear & wear and thats WE´s  P228. it has a crack in the slide, still shoots though... 

My WE g36 performs in 25- Celcius on semi and auto-burst and locks back the BCG on empty mag with Guarders 220Psi gas. consuming gas but still works.

Design + great gas will put a happy smile on any operators face. 

• 2 weeks later...

I held and fired one of these the other day. 28C ambient on greengas with 0.2g bbs.

Not impressed, really.

It's lighter than the TM. Noticeably lighter, even fully loaded.

The plastic quality seems cheap to me, especially compared to the wonderful job VFC did with their G36 GBBrs.

The detailing is nice, the trades are nice and the flip up sights are nice. It's also quite nice in the hand, more comfortable than the TM (mainly because I have enormous gorilla hands).

The magazine is bigger than an Mp5 mag, it's quite a chunky monkey. Which is confusing, because the cooldown is awful. Even in a heated shop, about 28C ambient, I could only JUST get an entire mag out in SEMI. Full auto mag dump is just impossible. Even the TM can do a full mag dump on auto.

Also, recoil was eh. The action was sluggish. It also misfed about 5/6 shots on full auto. No misfeeds on semi though.

The biggest single gripe I have about it? It doesn't come with *fruitcage* side rails.

Also it really felt like it was made of cheap plastic. I was really taken aback when I picked it up, because it looks nice and sexy, but it feels like a spring pistol. Magazine out I could make the pistol grip flex by squeezing it between my thumb and forefinger.

• Like 1

Those performance issues don't surprise me, but I didn't expect that gun to feel so cheap. Such a shame, as a full size MP7 that performs well would still be a great addition. 

Slightly OT: How are the G36 GBBRs from VFC? They look great, as do most VFC weapons, and it is quite cheap. The latter doesn't make it sound like a safe choice though.

Those guys are idiots though.

Hehe, very subtle :D.

I've already seen that video, but I was wondering if someone who actually owns one knows whether that gun is reliable or not. Many products seem to be nice at first, but break after a few weeks of use. Especially after reading some reviews about other VFC GBBRs I can't imagine the G36 is much better.

I would trust Darklite's off the cuff review.

This sounds like a great gas gun for a video gamer who's never heard of airsoft. They can keep it in their room and brag to their friends about it being 1:1.

It sounds like heartbreak for anyone who would want to take it out of their backyard for a day and expect it not to get them hosed down when it splutters to a halt.

OT: The VFC G36s are the best GBBrs that VFC make. But they still chew nozzles like no tomorrow and the feed lips are made of cheese. Also the hammer spring is too strong and needs to be unhooked from one side of the hammer (quick and reversible mod) to allow full auto to work properly.

Okay, guys, so let me tell you this.

I have since gotten in touch with UMAREX and informed them about my issues with the VFC MP7. I told them that I tried it with 3 different sorts of gas as well as 6 sorts of BBs, most of them bio degradable. 

Now they assured me that during their longterm tests the VFC MP7 showed no cooldown issues, no misfeeding, no jams, nothing. This was done by using UMAREX own Walther airsoftgas as well as the Eliteforce non-bio BBs.

I bought this combination to see if that had any effect on the MP7. Unfortunately it didnt. Actually I was only able to fire about 5-6 shots until it jammed every time.

Started to hate this gun with a burning passion. Before getting any stupid ideas I sent it back to my retailer and I will replace it for something else. This will probably be my last VFC GBB ever.

• Like 2

It's sad. I made the mistake of getting their MK18 mod 1 GBB and ever since then I've been skeptical.

Their UMP45 received a good review from a friend of mine and I was hoping that they would have gotten their MP7 right. Had they done so, they would probably have beaten out KSC/KWA's hold on the MP7 market.

I am saddened that UMAREX is staying with VFC. They make guns that are beautiful to look at but as far as skirmish-ability, their products will break your heart every time.

Were I UMAREX, I would have looked for another partner that already has a reliable platform. Take KSC/KWA for example.

Now if KSC/KWA can release a GBB body that is 1:1 that is a drop-in mod for their existing platform, they will DOMINATE the market.

I don't think I will ever buy another VFC GBBR.