I had a feeling this was going to be a lemon so I invested in the Marui MP7 which is frankly quite brilliant. I was told the KWA/KSC is pretty much the same but having had a go with one last saturday at a site that it doesn't shoot anywhere near as accurate or as far and the plastic is like a shiny black. However, it is more gas efficient. Got to love the NS2 system. The Marui is the best MP7.

It really is a shame that the VFC sucks so much, but I feel happy that my purchase is now justified :)

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay, guys, so let me tell you this.   I have since gotten in touch with UMAREX and informed them about my issues with the VFC MP7. I told them that I tried it with 3 different sorts of gas as well

Exactly.     I think problem is more simple. Mistake at pin (and it's rails) degree.   Here is the photos:   No Manual Bolt Lock   Bolt Lock Manually   Details

Not that it matters as that warning/copyright paragraph is removed easier than Brazil from this years World Cup.  Surely the power up silencer can't be much heavier than the VFC one, it doesn't make

Wut! :o They still haven't learned from their past mistake (UMP45) and still sell GBBR with terrible cooldown. That's bad since most company, even low/medium tiers fix their new products so it won't experience the same problem, and VFC is a high tier company. Do they even have a QA tester, or even experienced GBBR makers in that factory?!

Exactly! I mean how did the first person who fired it pre production not say hmmm I can't fire a whole mag this isn't right we'll have to change this. It's baffling how something like this can possibly be called finished!? Vega Force if you're reading this I will happily test your new products for you and tell you they're *suitcase* before you mass produce them. Maybe they have testers but they need to get their head out of their *albartroth* and grow a pair.

Okay, guys, so let me tell you this.

I have since gotten in touch with UMAREX and informed them about my issues with the VFC MP7. I told them that I tried it with 3 different sorts of gas as well as 6 sorts of BBs, most of them bio degradable. 

Now they assured me that during their longterm tests the VFC MP7 showed no cooldown issues, no misfeeding, no jams, nothing. This was done by using UMAREX own Walther airsoftgas as well as the Eliteforce non-bio BBs.

I bought this combination to see if that had any effect on the MP7. Unfortunately it didnt. Actually I was only able to fire about 5-6 shots until it jammed every time.

Started to hate this gun with a burning passion. Before getting any stupid ideas I sent it back to my retailer and I will replace it for something else. This will probably be my last VFC GBB ever.

Haha, what a lousy (yet expected) answer from Umarex. Why should we believe their tests without any footage or authentified charts? Oh and sure, I'll use the goddamn smeery lube they sell as "gas" and their rebranded BB's.

VFC, please stay with AEG's. The work superb.

Haha, what a lousy (yet expected) answer from Umarex. Why should we believe their tests without any footage or authentified charts? Oh and sure, I'll use the goddamn smeery lube they sell as "gas" and their rebranded BB's.

VFC, please stay with AEG's. The work superb.

That's the sole reason why I don't trust manufactures so called "testing", almost same things applies on store and sponsored reviews. I rather check people whom have no affiliation with the store or manufacture, who actually bought with their own hard earned money for reviews and testing. 

Interestingly enough the shop where I bought it from and to which I am a regular customer told me that they checked it upon receiving it back. Result was that the jams and double feeding were solely due to a fully engaged hop-up.

Are they really serious? I have shot it, both without any hop and with normal hop. Using about 7 different brands/kinds of BBs and 4 different gases. It did not even shoot straight anymore at the very end. I removed the barrel and had a look inside the hop up chamber. It seemed to have loosened a bit, but i tightened it up again.

That did at least give it the range and accuracy that it had at the very beginning, however, it did not solve the double-feeding and jamming.

Dont know why these retailers cant be honest about such poor products sometimes. 

What is also ironic that the VFC MP7 Navy was out of stock before I sent mine back. Now they issued me a refund and they have a single one in stock again. Poor chap who gets it next. Guess he wont be much happier either :)

Edited by Alkany
  • Like 1

Interestingly enough the shop where I bought it from and to which I am a regular customer told me that they checked it upon receiving it back. Result was that the jams and double feeding were solely due to a fully engaged hop-up.

Are they really serious? I have shot it, both without any hop and with normal hop. Using about 7 different brands/kinds of BBs and 4 different gases. It did not even shoot straight anymore at the very end. I removed the barrel and had a look inside the hop up chamber. It seemed to have loosened a bit, but i tightened it up again.

That did at least give it the range and accuracy that it had at the very beginning, however, it did not solve the double-feeding and jamming.

Dont know why these retailers cant be honest about such poor products sometimes. 

What is also ironic that the VFC MP7 Navy was out of stock before I sent mine back. Now they issued me a refund and they have a single one in stock again. Poor chap who gets it next. Guess he wont be much happier either :)

Well, didn't you write back to Umarex telling them you tried the product with their ###### gas and BBs and it still didn't work? And to the shop that you did all these tests, and that you'd like to know if it's possible to arrange them testing the gun in person with you?

Dude, you gotta screw over lying dumbs like these. Not just come complain here on Arnies!

Edited by Fox62

Exactly! I mean how did the first person who fired it pre production not say hmmm I can't fire a whole mag this isn't right we'll have to change this. It's baffling how something like this can possibly be called finished!? Vega Force if you're reading this I will happily test your new products for you and tell you they're *suitcase* before you mass produce them. Maybe they have testers but they need to get their head out of their *albartroth* and grow a pair.

Got to say my one came in the post today and I rattled its very 1st magazine off on full auto without so much as a hint of gassing out, it even had gas left to spare.

So while I empathise with the likes of Alkany who's MP7 won't get through one mag even on semi, it just goes to show you can't judge an entire line purely on the strength of one bad experience.

I do have to concede one point though, mine did hav e a couple of mis feeds on the second magazine of auto, but runs as sweet as a nut on semi, I'd like to strip it back and investigate but, I'm not going to be the 1st and bust something....lol

First magazines went a lot better with mine as well, but the more rounds I put through it the worse it got.

I would suggest you test it at least for another two weeks or so and see how it goes. If its still performing like that I would assume that the rest of the other experiences VFC MP7s  I read about or saw on the web so far might have been from a different batch.

Also, what gas and BBs were you using? Very important with this gun. Unlike the KWA guns which actually work with most gases.

Glad yours works so well though! :)

I'm using Propane and Blasters.

You saying that I've noticed that the retaining tabs on the magazine are bloody tiny, I wonder if yours are worn, not giving you a decent seal on the nozzle.

Have a go at firing it with the mag resting on a table and put some weight on it.

You say you removed the barrel and hop from yours may I ask how you did it as I'm dying to get inside mine and see if a simple change of hop rubber would stop its misfeeds.

I notice from looking down from the rear that the hop rubber configuration seems to be similar to those on my modded MP5s.

Alkany, have you by any chance discovered wear on parts? Double-feeding may have been caused by the feeding lips of the magazine (the VFC MP5 series had this problem).

I no longer have the gun in my possession as I got so frustrated with it that I sent it back for refund. As far as I recall everything was fine, there was no wear whatsoever. This must have been the case anyway as the retailer classified it as "practically" new and magically had a single one for sale again after I sent mine back :D

I'm using Propane and Blasters.

You saying that I've noticed that the retaining tabs on the magazine are bloody tiny, I wonder if yours are worn, not giving you a decent seal on the nozzle.

Have a go at firing it with the mag resting on a table and put some weight on it.

You say you removed the barrel and hop from yours may I ask how you did it as I'm dying to get inside mine and see if a simple change of hop rubber would stop its misfeeds.

I notice from looking down from the rear that the hop rubber configuration seems to be similar to those on my modded MP5s.

Remove the flashider and front plate. Remove the pins from the body and pull the entire blowback assembly. This should give you access to the barrel and hop-up unit if I remember correctly.

As said above, I no longer have this gun. Got a full refund for it.

After looking it over closely with a view to bravely stripping down I now know why the VFC MP7 is so underweight.

Every single piece of internal furniture is bloody plastic, hop unit, outer barrel, gas system, even the right hand fire selector is plastic.

I know it saves money using plastic, but why when they replicate the gun itself so well would they skrimp on a bit of weight?

It probably wouldn't make it 100% RS weight but I'm sure it would have been a damn sight closer than it is now!!

Roll on Crusader steel upgrades!!

I guess because they know people will pick it up anyway and throw in aftermarket parts to get it where they want it. Same as the WE M14 (unless theyve gone through a major overhaul). The platform is alright but design flaws and choice of materials plague it. (that damn two piece trigger box). Like how you'd have to buy the RA=tech one piece pretty quick. Yet people still buy the WE. So I guess VFC decided if people were willing to shell out 2-300$ on a rifle they know will likely have a failure within the first year that they'd be more than willing to do the same with a better brand name like VFC.

Hardly a 'better brand name' every GBBR they have released performs as well as an 89 year old in bed with a model! For clarifcation, it ends in a mess.

At least you can actually use a WE out the box for a while and will be cheaper.

On my phone, my spelling will suck.

I guess because they know people will pick it up anyway and throw in aftermarket parts to get it where they want it. Same as the WE M14 (unless theyve gone through a major overhaul). The platform is alright but design flaws and choice of materials plague it. (that damn two piece trigger box). Like how you'd have to buy the RA=tech one piece pretty quick. Yet people still buy the WE. 

Wut.  This is obviously VFC trying to keep their profit margins high by switching over to using plastic in their molds rather than pot metal.  People buy WE because it's within a certain price range and they don't tend to break as quick as the other low-end guns; or they make a particular GBBR that no one else makes (SCAR, M14, etc.).

Hardly a 'better brand name' every GBBR they have released performs as well as an 89 year old in bed with a model! For clarifcation, it ends in a mess.

At least you can actually use a WE out the box for a while and will be cheaper.

On my phone, my spelling will suck.

I'd love to hand you any of my VFC GBBRs for a day ;)