• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay, guys, so let me tell you this.   I have since gotten in touch with UMAREX and informed them about my issues with the VFC MP7. I told them that I tried it with 3 different sorts of gas as well

Exactly.     I think problem is more simple. Mistake at pin (and it's rails) degree.   Here is the photos:   No Manual Bolt Lock   Bolt Lock Manually   Details

Not that it matters as that warning/copyright paragraph is removed easier than Brazil from this years World Cup.  Surely the power up silencer can't be much heavier than the VFC one, it doesn't make

Everyone knows that any VFC GBBR GEN1 will have problems.  However, they will make refinements.  For example, M4/HK416 stock is now very good (new nozzle and carrier), UMP (new nozzle and carrier), MP5 (tighter upper receiver and loading ramp), etc.  WE does the exact same thing...remember the first M4..still gives me shivers...or the WE AK's horrible internals...or the WE SCAR hinge plate...or the SMG-8 terrible internals.

What I am getting at is most GBBR platforms (especially GEN1) have problems and being part of the GBBR community it is the part I enjoy the most...figuring out the problems...

• 2 months later...

I have to be honest though I've only taken mine out for one skirmish so far and that was CQB, but saying that it didn't skip a beat the whole day, its accuracy was great (baring in mind the short distances) its gas consumption was very very good, giving me two useful mags of BBs per fill of gas, and it has given me none of the gassing out that has given this gun such a bad name.

The recoil is immense compared to that of the KWA, and I believe even the TM.

Its main internal trigger parts are steel, the trigger bar, hammer and full auto sear are all steel, and the valve knocker is made of the usual Chinese "alloy"

There are a few niggly bad points, although nothing major.

The recoil spring feels a little weak and in combination with the paint on the bolt running along plastic runners, the bolt didn't always return fully when cocked, this was easily cured for me by polishing the bolt runners and spacing the recoil spring slightly, now it gives a very slightly increased ROF but more importantly it runs in the runners as smooth as silk and fully returns every time.

The hop is not the best, it can chuck .25s about 20-30m with a good degree of accuracy but much further and it struggles, but that's nothing that a decent hop rubber won't cure.

And the last thing is its overall weight, for a company that pays such amazing attention to detail with their guns VFC dropped the ball a little with the weight of this thing, when you first pick it up out of the box you will feel slightly disappointed I guarantee it because I did, having owned a KWA sometime previous, again though once you get used to it with the mag in and a couple of accessories on you won't remember that it was so springer light in the beginning.

Even in the short time I've owned mine I've fallen in love with it, I'm a big HK fan anyway and just the fact that this thing looks like a monster in comparison to its smaller counterparts makes me smile.

I hope in the future someone like Crusader brings out a full metal inner body for it to give it a bit more heft, but even if it doesn't come I'm more than happy with it as it is.

Hope that helps you make your decision, if there's anything else I can help you with feel free to drop me a line.

Copied and pasted just for the benefit if the group :D

I only ever did full mag dumps (along with half the YouTube community) to prove the point that it could be done without issue and it can easily, other than that I never use full auto as to be honest as unless your on top of your target your realistically not going to hit sod all.

It really annoyed me that this gun got such a poor reputation even before its widespread release on what appeared to be the strength of a single YouTube video.

Very glad I took the risk because mine runs sweet :D

Nice! I know you're holding it kind of cack handed but the kick seems good! Some venting but it keeps going. I see what you mean about the recoil spring, the return from locked open is a bit lethargic. Is the hop rubber proprietary then?

Kind of makes me want an MP7 again...

Edited by Stuey

Yeah I'm trying to hold the bolt catch down, and keep it as close as possible to the camera and doing all that in the reflection of a mirror...lol

The recoil is very nice certainly in comparison to the KWA version anyway.

I don't sugar coat things, if it gasses out when I take the video then it gasses out I'm not too proud to admit it, but yes it steamrollers on, and although it can't load it with BBs and fire it as I'm 9 stories up and nobody in my household but me will go near it when I'm letting rip like that to film, I'm more than confident that it would easily empty a mag if you really wanted it to.

And I did test fire it off camera prior to both of those films to ensure all was good, and it didn't expel nearly as much gas as it did in those two vids, and because of the pre test both times the mag was stone cold.

If I get the time and can set up the camera correctly during the day tomorrow I will do a decent semi auto test with BBs to give you guys a clearer picture of how it would perform under normal skirmish use, as I firmly believe that not many people out there use GBBRs of any kind in full auto much if at all.

The hop rubber I'm not sure on at this stage, I'm 99% certain it's the same as VFC are using in their pistols, I have a VFC M&P 9c and they both have the same split design, and the M&P is a VSR type hop rubber, I'm just waiting for L2E (Nugetgl) to do a nice disassembly/assembly video so I don't mess up stripping it to its bones, then I will get deeper inside and inspect the hop rubber more closely.

I've got several different types of VSR hop rubbers lying around thanks to modding my MP5s so if it is a VSR type I have plenty to choose from to try and improve the range more.

No problem bud glad your happy with it :)

You do know all that writing on the back will come off with a wet wipe don't you?

It's one of those Umarex things but and isn't on the RS so VFC print it with easily removable ink of some sort, same thing on the licensed suppressor.

I know mate. Completely forgot to take it off as I was in a hurry.

Plan for it now is to get 4 more mags, an AAC suppressor with the flash hider (one designed for kwa is 14+ so should fit) and an x300u replica as the x300 pictured is from my 226.

Semapo gear vtac aor1 padded sling replica is in the post. :)

Sorry to say bud but I believe because of the size difference anything for the KWA or TM including flashiders won't fit, that's why the licensed MP7 flashider comes without the conversion flashider that is supplied with the one for the KWA.

The rest I'd like to see though :)

Here's my "review"

Dear friends

What follows is a review by someone who has never written a review and arguably poor at doing so do keep that in mind when reading please.

Initially the VFC MP7 had terrible reviews. Atrocious cool down and misfeeds etc. Of course it looked pretty and was 1:1 scale but I'm not one for wallhangers so I forgot all about it.

Recently I started trying to find any more info on them and started talking to a bloke in the uk via pm that had one and said his was awesome and perfectly skirmishable.

Further research followed without any results culminating in me buying one anyway. :s

I decided not to buy any spare mags until A: I knew if it actually worked or not and B: when I have actually sold stuff to pay for them.

Bought a "Navy" railed version from JustCauseAirsoft on Sunday at the Ambush Compound game.

8E8228E1-56D1-483A-99DD-9CE580944084_zps

713DFE36-6A07-44EE-8798-FDF17F66F494_zps

5511CD49-1C8B-4C2F-A9EB-3FAF140A1336_zps

A715E2E5-A84D-4838-A9E9-F2B355E6F2A9_zps

C5930A4E-149D-4E74-96CE-22B9778C9C79_zps

Initial impressions:

-It's light. Lighter than the tm or the kwa. With the mag in, the weight apparently matches the real steel so I expect vfc had to put the body on a diet to make it match as that's the kind of detail they get a stiffy for.

-It's the right size!!!! So so important. As soon as it was pointed out that my trusty kwa was 0.8:1 vs RS it has bugged me ever since.

-The body has a nice Matt finish and the trades are perfect too. (Apart from the hidden 6mm written on the underside. I'm hoping this will come off with some thinners)

-flash hider is also bigger (read: actually to scale) than the tm or kwa so the HK suppressors I have for them don't fit. You can however buy a vfc HK suppressor designed specifically for the VFC mp7.

Functions:

-Selector has a really solid clunk to it. Much more so than the tm or kwa

-Racking the bolt you can feel the weight of it but also the recoil spring feels a little weak for the weight of the bolt.

I have been informed that the bolt's guide rails are a little rough when new so you can either wear them in or polish them a bit. I've noticed things improve already so I'll stick with the natural option. ;)

-Bolt release is actually correct! On the tm and kwa you have to push the release up whereas on the VFC you have to push down as per the RS. Initially the bolt release was very stiff but has worn in nicely now. The left hand side was loose out of the box which was disappointing but after tightening the 0.9mm grub screw it's much better. Must admit it does feel a bit flimsy though. Maybe a possible weak point?...

-Stock is nice and solid with far less play than my kwa and tm ever had. Has 4 positions: closed, open and two in the middle.

-Mag catch is pretty standard. Does what it says on the tin.

-Iron sights....we're removed before even looking at them. ;)

-Mags seem solid as hell. You can load them directly into the beebee channel if that makes sense which makes it sooo much easier to do. Fill valve is one of the nice ones that is nice and audible when filling and stops making noise when full.

-Hop up is very easily adjustable via the plastic Allen tool inserted in the hole above the flash hider. Far easier to adjust than the kwa which clicks and can be very difficult to find a "sweet spot".

Performance:

I was anxious about it actually being skirmishable especially when put up against the kwa and tm but so far I have been very surprised.

-Chronos in at 325-330fps with 0.2g ammo on propane at room temp with hop set for 0.3s.

-The recoil is incredibly strong! Needs to be felt to be understood really. To me it's a selling point on it's own as it's an absolute hoot! #middleclasslingo

-Rate of fire is decent. Sounds about the same as the RS I've seen on YouTube but I won't actually be using this on FA anyway so it's not a big deal to me.

-Cooldown. This was what I was most worried about. Using propane, it can do a full mag on fast semi auto without any noticeable cooldown at room temp. Pretty stoked about this as that means it's gonna be skirmishable for me for at least 6 months of the year.

Decided to see how far it would go on one charge of gas so reloaded the mag (didn't re gas) and got another 40 rounds on semi with ease. It even still locked back. The shots felt noticeably weaker for the second mag but in fairness the mag was now very cold as it had done a full mags worth on fast semi about 60s ago.

-Range/accuracy is decent. Effective range is about 150ft with 0.3s. My kwa is more accurate at that range. I get the feeling the vfc hop rubber isn't the best but because it uses a vsr hop it can changed for a decent quality one in future if I can be arsed haha

-Feeding/stoppages. Moral of the story here is use top quality ammo. If the ammo is soft it runs the risk of getting smashed when the bolt returns causing stoppages and possible damage to the nozzle/hop/loading ramp/*insert part here.

I accidentally used blaster devils once and had a stoppage after 8 shots. A round had been chopped in half causing a jam. Luckily no damage and lesson learnt. I've been using madbull "perfect" 0.3g ammo without issue.

Haven't had any misfeeds so far (circa 400 rounds) although when I got the mag really f-ing cold to see how it would cope on full auto (out of interest) the odd bb would roll out of the barrel. That was when the hop wasn't really set and have since set it for 0.3s and that issue hasn't reoccurred. Again, it's not an issue for me as I won't be using FA but something to consider if you are interested in buying one.

Other points of interest.....

-I have learnt that the outer barrel is plastic including the threads for the flash hider. Wasn't impressed to hear this and I'm gonna have to be really careful when chairsofti.... Er I mean kicking *albatross* and taking names.

-Hop and barrel setup is a vsr setup which is great as it's easy to find spares. I've got my eye on an orga widebore for the future.

-Recoil spring does feel a little weak for the weight of the bolt as I have mentioned. I'm guessing this is because when the mags start to cool and the psi drops, the bolt can still fully cycle. I'm very impressed with how easily the bolt locks back so far and IMO this is probably down to the slightly too weak spring.

Conclusion/summary (for those who couldn't be frigged to read the above drivel)

Good *suitcase*:

-Beautiful externals

-1:1 sizing

-surprisingly good performance

-cheap (ish) at £260

-easily to adjust hop

-uber recoil

-decent range and gas economy

-nice trades

Bad *suitcase*:

-mags are 50-55 quid a pop in uk although 41 bucks from HK

-some of the controls feel a little flimsy

-internals made out if plastic cheese (2nd hand info)

-standard version doesn't come with side rails which have to be bought separately....wtf

-very picky with ammo