Where exactly is your "6mm" marking mate?

I've looked everywhere on mine and can't find it anywhere...lol

Nice review by the way :)

I've got to stop buying these things on release day and from HK, mine was bloody 380fps out of the bloody box!!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay, guys, so let me tell you this.   I have since gotten in touch with UMAREX and informed them about my issues with the VFC MP7. I told them that I tried it with 3 different sorts of gas as well

Exactly.     I think problem is more simple. Mistake at pin (and it's rails) degree.   Here is the photos:   No Manual Bolt Lock   Bolt Lock Manually   Details

Not that it matters as that warning/copyright paragraph is removed easier than Brazil from this years World Cup.  Surely the power up silencer can't be much heavier than the VFC one, it doesn't make

Cheers. :)

The 6mm marking is on the underside of the receiver at the rear.

The review was copied and pasted from a private forum. I'm sorry I forgot to change it on here to say it was you that helped me hugely. Sorry man. :(

PS my kwa flashider fits the vfc perfectly. It's just a little thinner. :)

Edited by christhesecond

After following this topic to this point, I really start to get the impression that I had a lemon when I bought mine. Compared to you guys first impressions mine performed absolutely horribly. 

Wanted to buy a KWA MP7 recently, only to find out that its out of stock everywhere. I assume UMAREX is slowly selling off their last batches of the KWA only to permanently replace it with the VFC version.

I wonder if mine was just part of the first bad batch that was shipped and if they have done some modifications already. I am especially curious if the new version with the preinstalled foregrip has some internal changes also or if its just the exterior.

Honestly, I really want a MP7. To me its the perfect CQB weapon and while my F2000 performs nicely and is rather compact, it is still very bulky compared to the MP7.

Edited by Alkany

:( aw mehn.

Its sure crying out (or at least I am) for a metal inner body.

I see people saying that the VFC is the correct weight compared to the RS, however if you check the tech sheet on the RS MP7 and then weigh your own (VFC only quote one weight, presumably gun and mag) then the VFC comes in quite a bit lighter than the RS, I think the gap comes down when you compare RS loaded and VFC with mag inserted.

I will dig around for the specs on both and post them up if I get a chance.

It also needs one in terms of longevity, L2E snapped his outer barrel because his orange flashider was glued to it, and I have the silencer, but won't play with it on for fear of catching it on a wall or dropping it and suffering the same fate.

Another idea I hoped would come out in one form or another is a separate outer barrel and inner body combo, as in its current state the ENTIRE gun has to be stripped just to change the barrel and or hop rubber, can you imagine spending hours upon hours stripping and rebuilding just to get the right hop rubber/barrel combo?!?!

Right here goes.

RS MP7 (weights direct from H&K website)

Gun 1.9kg

40rnd mag 200g

Single round of 4.6x30 6.5g x 40 260g

Gun with empty mag 2.1kg

Gun with loaded mag 2.36kg

VFC MP7 (weighed by myself so allow a couple of grams +/-)

Gun 1.4kg

40rnd mag with gas no ammo 600g

Gun with gassed mag no ammo 2kg

Gun, mag, clone Eotech, clone M600 and VFC suppressor 2.6kg

So gun alone the VFC is a full 500g lighter than the RS.

Gun plus mag (empty) 100g lighter than RS, closest to RS weights your going to get.

Put 40 rounds in your RS MP7 and your 360g heavier than the VFC with mag.

VFC only gets heavier than a bog standard RS MP7 when I load it with all of its accessories.

Would be nice to see what sort of weight a metal inner body could bring to the table, if it takes the weight of the gun alone up to that of the RS at 1.9kg when you add the weight of the Airsoft magazine compared to a fully loaded RS mag your going to have as near as damn it a 1:1 scale in the weight department too.

CRUSADER....ETC...ETC if your looking at this, for the love of god get your fingers out of your arses and make a metal inner body for the VFC MP7!!!

I didn't load the mag with BBs as by my calculations using .2g BBs as a baseline your not even adding an extra gram to the weight so didn't think it would make enough of a difference to matter a damn.

Edited by Tisane

Feel like I'm going on a bit now, but the first useful upgrade for the VFC MP7 has just been released.

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=TGBB-VFC-MP7-MKIT&search=special&rs=VFC%20mp7&catid=&cat=&view_choice=c

Enhanced recoil spring to replace the current weak one and more for me than anyone else a new nozzle return spring as I've damaged mine :D

• 5 weeks later...

Darn it guys!  I screwed up during my video.  I thought I pressed record and completely tore down the MP7 to replace the plastic shell and rebuild it but I never pressed record!!!

I will re-do it tonight as probably it will be last video before I move to a new house as this is one video I have promised for a very long time.  It is very easy but involves LOTS of springs and parts that like to explode and disappear if you don't know what to hold while removing the shell.

RS MP7 (weights direct from H&K website)

Gun 1.9kg

40rnd mag 200g

Single round of 4.6x30 6.5g x 40 260g

Gun with empty mag 2.1kg

Gun with loaded mag 2.36kg

MP7A1 without magazine: 1,8 Kg

Magazine, 20 rds: 0,1 Kg

Magazine 40 rds: 0,2 Kg

Round weight: 6,1 g (Live round)

Data from HK MP7A1 Operator's Manual.

To all owners of VFC MP7A1 GBB:

Please check your manual bolt lock function (bolt lock without magazine) for both left and right Bolt Lock Lever.

For doing this your need:

1. Pull back Charging Handle;

2. Press and hold Bolt Lock Lever Up;

3. Release the charging handle.

For clean result need few post from people.

Ahh now I think I know where you are going with this, correct me if I'm wrong.

No, on the VFC MP7, manually activating the bolt hold lever with the magazine out won't lock back your bolt.

However that I believe is down to an oversight of some sort when making the lever itself, as if you strip down the gun just to the inner shell and reinsert the bolt hold lever it does move the bolt lock on the inside perfectly well, however if you reassemble it, then it doesn't work.

But if you remove the one side of the lever and pull the rest out just past its recess and then activate the bolt hold with no mag it WILL hold the bolt rearward.

Its a simple case of the lever itself being just a touch too fat.

MP7A1 without magazine: 1,8 Kg

Magazine, 20 rds: 0,1 Kg

Magazine 40 rds: 0,2 Kg

Round weight: 6,1 g (Live round)

Data from HK MP7A1 Operator's Manual.

I got the side rail set and the weight had gone up to 1.9 kg with magazine.  Wondering if the data from the MP7 operator's manual is based on with or without side rails.

However that I believe is down to an oversight of some sort when making the lever itself, as if you strip down the gun just to the inner shell and reinsert the bolt hold lever it does move the bolt lock on the inside perfectly well, however if you reassemble it, then it doesn't work.

But if you remove the one side of the lever and pull the rest out just past its recess and then activate the bolt hold with no mag it WILL hold the bolt rearward.

Exactly.

Its a simple case of the lever itself being just a touch too fat.

I think problem is more simple. Mistake at pin (and it's rails) degree.

Here is the photos:

No Manual Bolt Lock

NoManualBoltLock_zpse395052d.jpg

Bolt Lock Manually

BoltLockManually_zps4b9a7dc1.jpg

Details

BoltLockDetails_zpsb903d1d5.jpg

• Like 2

That my friend is a stroke of genius!!

Going to get on that later tonight :D

Haha... thanks.

Need to create new part anyway. And several prototypes first. I have sent that information and pics to VFC and i told them to forward it to their engineers. If they will not release it, i just sent the same files to Ra-Tech or Crusader.

Darn it guys! I screwed up during my video. I thought I pressed record and completely tore down the MP7 to replace the plastic shell and rebuild it but I never pressed record!!!

I will re-do it tonight as probably it will be last video before I move to a new house as this is one video I have promised for a very long time. It is very easy but involves LOTS of springs and parts that like to explode and disappear if you don't know what to hold while removing the shell.

Can't wait!

Can you do me a favour and measure the length of the inner please?

I'm tempted to use a 200mm orga wide bore but I'm not sure if that's too long.