AKs47 stock replacement, use a RS stock?

ED-SKaR

After recently picking up an AKs in a trade, and promptly snapping the stock just by shouldering the gun, I find a pot metal replacement for £35 quite a waste of money.

Short of hunting around parts guns and for sale threads to find an airsoft stock that I can fit to this gun, I've been told that RS AKs folding stocks can be made to fit.

This leaves me with two questions:

1. how easy is it to fit a real AKs stock to an airsoft AKs?

2. How do you even find a real AKs stock?

No idea how to modify a real AK stock, but here are some sites where you can buy your stock:

http://www.zib-militaria.de/epages/61431412.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61431412/Categories

http://www.mm-militaria.de/

http://www.rusmilitary.com/html/guns_accessories.htm

You'll need some über German language skills for the second site though, but this might be useful.

Ahh... no... Those pictures show a GBBr, not an AEG.

The central bolt of the stock mech will NOT go though an AEG, there are gears in the way!

I still could just use the existing airsoft parts for the lock, and just modify that to fit the stock arm itself.

• 4 weeks later...

Well you should be able to fix this but as always when it comes to modding to RS to AS spec there is usually a dremel involved ;-)

So if you do this please do documentate this for someone else who might try this after you they would greatly appreciat it

Well you should be able to fix this but as always when it comes to modding to RS to AS spec there is usually a dremel involved ;-)

So if you do this please do documentate this for someone else who might try this after you they would greatly appreciat it

I'll be doing pictures, but I've not been able to find one in the UK (I'm not happy importing RS gun parts :s)

I'll be doing pictures, but I've not been able to find one in the UK (I'm not happy importing RS gun parts :s)

I can vouch for zb-militaria but I'm not 100% sure how the UK laws are concerning importing a RS stock... but you are allowed to have a demil (deactivated RS)?

I can vouch for zb-militaria but I'm not 100% sure how the UK laws are concerning importing a RS stock... but you are allowed to have a demil (deactivated RS)?

I thought you asked if we were allowed a "Dremel" I laughed for a second then realised our government will probably ban them eventually.

Ahem

Yes we can have Deacts, but we have the strictest Deact rules INTHEWROLD so they need to be made to UK spec. Given that this is just a stock it is perfectly legal to import it, I just don't want to go through the paperwork and annoyance of some HMRC jobsworth who sees AK47 on the box...

I thought you asked if we were allowed a "Dremel" I laughed for a second then realised our government will probably ban them eventually.

Ahem

Yes we can have Deacts, but we have the strictest Deact rules INTHEWROLD so they need to be made to UK spec. Given that this is just a stock it is perfectly legal to import it, I just don't want to go through the paperwork and annoyance of some HMRC jobsworth who sees AK47 on the box...

This I understand; but I wonder do they "monitor" / require paperwork for the EU zone even with the Schengen aagreement?

Edit:

As read in http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/211748-importing-parts/ it wouldn't be a problem importing but the choice is always your to make...

I know, but the last time I tried importing something it spent 8 months with HMRC, and got returned to country of origin rather than being sent to me. That was after Site mebership had been sent, I even went and got a UKARA membership and sent that in to HMRC.

I just can't be bothered with that again.

What I need is just this:
http://www.mm-militaria.de/ak47-unterklappbarer-schaft-unkomplett-p-1134.html

But I can't decipher the website because I cannot read german.

I dont speak german either but luckily my web browser does: "AK47 AK74 with folding buttstock of GDR production for the all-steel version of the AK. Comes with parts of the mounting material. When mounting material missing: handle, spring and the small retaining pins, but which should be easy to replace. Super condition, see photos."

there's no issue with importing this type of gun part and has nothing to do with UKARA. You'll be waiting a fair while for one to pop up in the UK, methinks.

I dont speak german either but luckily my web browser does: "AK47 AK74 with folding buttstock of GDR production for the all-steel version of the AK. Comes with parts of the mounting material. When mounting material missing: handle, spring and the small retaining pins, but which should be easy to replace. Super condition, see photos."

there's no issue with importing this type of gun part and has nothing to do with UKARA. You'll be waiting a fair while for one to pop up in the UK, methinks.

For translation I meant more the ordering process, what buttons to press and what numbers to enter into what boxes.

I know this wont be UKARA (I'm read up with the VCRa) I just don't like the hassle that customs cause me every single time I import anything. I've imported 5 times and only once have I had no problems...

I've only had experience with Zib-militaria, I got some Luger grips and an Uzi sling without any hassle.  Once signed in, everything I had through was in English.

Postage outside of Germany was by DHL, IIRC.

It could be worth dropping them an email to make see if  they can label it with nothing likely to cause flapping and kittens at HMRC?  Even if you send the email in English, then do translated copy and paste directly below?

it can be done however you need to mill the stock rings as they are too small on the RS version. I have one here somewhere that I never got round to fitting (yet).

By far the easiest option is to buy the LCT mauri compatable receivers (here). this will give you a akm/ak47 hybrid but replacing the front sight, gas block and furniture will make it an AKM.

Alternatively just buy a complete LCT kit and turn it into something different like an AIMS or RPK.

Archived