New Year Resolution.

amateurstuntman

Have a look for this:

http://www.northcoast500.com/home.aspx

It's a lovely route, I was going to cycle it.

DL, don't be so down on yourself, you are a great guy.

Even if you think you are overweight and "destitute" you are a good catch.

I'm sure your confidence will return and when it does you'll remember that.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm dropping the fags completely this year, I have an ecig and I use that but... I smoke at work and nights out and airsoft

Right so if I can get rid of those three by using the ecig properly and resist the urge il be happier.

Right the last step is I have ordered some batteries for a vaporiser I got given and iv got a baccy free smoking mixture and I will knock tobacco off the joints and that will be the LAST thing I use cigarettes for.

Cross-post form the "my-eye" thread:

First day back in the gym after Winter Solstice break.

Horrendous.

Utterly horrendous.

Did 5x5 Squats at 90 and 5x3 Dead lift at 110 which felt hard, I got light headed.

Then I did press-ups and sit-ups in supersets - disgraceful.  I did 10p20s, 5p10s, 5p10s, 5p10s and was in clip.

I had to have a lie down.

To make things worse, my mate got gravity boots for xmas and did a load of hanging sit-ups.

I couldn't even get my ankles to the bar, I had to walk my legs up the wall.  I was able to do half a dozen half sit-ups (to 90°)

Then pull-ups, I could do precisely zero (good form, chest to bar).  I was able to do 3 chin-ups.

From now on I am going to be all about heaves.  I am going to do Squat, Dead lift and all body weight upper body stuff.

I am no gusta.

That is my resolution - 50 press-ups, 100 sit-ups and 3x12 heaves.

Damn, I am weak.

I'm dropping the fags completely this year, I have an ecig and I use that but... I smoke at work and nights out and airsoft

Right so if I can get rid of those three by using the ecig properly and resist the urge il be happier.

Right the last step is I have ordered some batteries for a vaporiser I got given and iv got a baccy free smoking mixture and I will knock tobacco off the joints and that will be the LAST thing I use cigarettes for.

My mum smoked for 45 years, tried everything (hypnosis, patches, a pipe - literally everything) and successfully gave up with a vaporiser.

They may be douchey but if it gives my mum a couple of extra years I'm all for them...

Cross-post form the "my-eye" thread:

First day back in the gym after Winter Solstice break.

Horrendous.

Utterly horrendous.

Did 5x5 Squats at 90 and 5x3 Dead lift at 110 which felt hard, I got light headed.

Then I did press-ups and sit-ups in supersets - disgraceful.  I did 10p20s, 5p10s, 5p10s, 5p10s and was in clip.

I had to have a lie down.

Likewise. I did the same (obviously not exactly) last night and whilst I wasn't on top form I wasn't too far off where I left off. However I had head rushes seemingly every set - including bicep curls (!) and ended up feeling pretty faint by the end of it. I wouldn't say I was exerting myself particularly hard either.  Quite odd. 

I'm not really a new years resolution type but here goes.

In the past I stopped all smoking everything for 6 odd years then took up everything again. I fluctuated for a while trying to reduce mainly my tobbaco smoking. I didn't want to use conventional vapes though as I don't trust whats in the liquids and don't really like the smell or taste of any I've tried. Especially the sweet sickly ones. last year I got a vapor genie which you can put anything in and you still use a lighter. Although it was hard to use outside so I'd ad vise an electric one, Plus it looks less dodge if you want to use it in public if you want to give one a go. Ultimately it just made me want to smoke normaly again . For tobbaco it was fine ,but weed I found I liked the high but it was different and still craved that different hit. In the end I just stopped everything for a few months, then when I felt confident I could take it or leave it I decided to do it now and again when the mood and time suited. I will always enjoy a smoke in the right circumstances.

As for food there is nothing wrong with soup. I shall pass you on my soup recipie if you like DarkLite. Lots of fresh veg and not too much meat especially processed.

Booze my answer is drink the best stuff quality you can in your drinks catagory of choice. If its a *suitcase* selection of drinks where you've found yourself stick to gin or vodka preferably with fresh orange if not diet cola will for vodka and obviously tonic for gin. You'll find you don't have as much as it's more expensive but you'll enjoy and appreciate it more. Obviously don't do this if your an alcoholic.

Jobs and money. I've never earned more than £12000 a year, but it is important to enjoy your job at least a little bit and follow your dreams and your passion and realise even aspects of them you will not like.

Excercise. Try not pay too much on it at a gym. Try keep active in your own way as where and when applicable.

Iv had a vape for years and I went from 40 a day navy cut or jps black to only smoking at airsoft or nights out with it its just I really strongly link the two with the cigs and just want 1.

The joints my issue is the vapouriser feels different, doesn't hit me the same. I will try it and alternate with this kmaster stuff and I WILL make it work this time.

Fed up of *suitcase* kit so I spent the money on a decent vape this time round.

Afaic there is no nicotine in them vapor juices no matter what they say.

They all leak, batteries are a pain in the *albatross*, and for me all the juice taste like *suitcase*.

I tried 3 different vapes and its just not for me.

I smoke marlboro 72s, about a pack a day, usually 1 every hour.

With the vapor I was constantly puffing, the cost was also outrageous for new atomizer heads. Had to get a new tank and atomizer when the heads just stopped working with my tank.

But that cigarette always did the trick.

With vapes for the devil's lettuce, it's important to consider the two types - Convection and Conduction. Convection is where the substance is heated by a steady flow of hot air, the source of which is normally some distance away from the herb itself. These vapes are able to keep heating the herb constantly, they're very easy to get used to. They're rare and expensive though. The majority are conduction, where the herb is heated by contact against a metal surface, with air being the transport. The downside of this method means that the air cools the metal down to the point where the active chemicals aren't being vapourised. This doesn't mean they're ###### however, it just means you need to spend some time finding the right draw method. For me I've found the best method is to slowly breathe in, similar to drinking from a straw (e: I don't mean breathing with your mouth, but rather just the rate/speed of breathing.) After a drag that lasts 5-10 seconds, stop drawing and let the vape heat up again. Vapes on the whole are far more efficient than combustion so I'd advise people who had a hard time at first to maybe give it another go.

New years resolution chat - I've started the 100 pushup challenge. It's an every-other-day routine that gets you up to 100 pushups, similar to the Couch-to-5K program for running. I'm hesitant to jump straight into the gym as I'll probably bounce straight back and lose faith/interest like I do most times. I'll also start the Couch-to-5K program on my off days.

With vapes for the devil's lettuce, it's important to consider the two types - Convection and Conduction. Convection is where the substance is heated by a steady flow of hot air, the source of which is normally some distance away from the herb itself. These vapes are able to keep heating the herb constantly, they're very easy to get used to. They're rare and expensive though. The majority are conduction, where the herb is heated by contact against a metal surface, with air being the transport. The downside of this method means that the air cools the metal down to the point where the active chemicals aren't being vapourised. This doesn't mean they're ###### however, it just means you need to spend some time finding the right draw method. For me I've found the best method is to slowly breathe in, similar to drinking from a straw (e: I don't mean breathing with your mouth, but rather just the rate/speed of breathing.) After a drag that lasts 5-10 seconds, stop drawing and let the vape heat up again. Vapes on the whole are far more efficient than combustion so I'd advise people who had a hard time at first to maybe give it another go.

New years resolution chat - I've started the 100 pushup challenge. It's an every-other-day routine that gets you up to 100 pushups, similar to the Couch-to-5K program for running. I'm hesitant to jump straight into the gym as I'll probably bounce straight back and lose faith/interest like I do most times. I'll also start the Couch-to-5K program on my off days.

I started that sometime last year then gave up for some reason that i've forgotten now.

I'll do it with you, then we can egg each other on, if that sounds good to you?

Archived