New Year Resolution.

amateurstuntman

So.

It's that time of year.  People look back to the bad things that happened this year and hope and wish that things will be better next year.

Well, as my dad says.  Wish in one hand and *suitcase* in the other, see which fills up first.

Generally speaking less than 10% of resolutions made fail but I can help.

Having a resolution is just goal setting and as an ILM level 5 coach I can give you some advice on setting goals.

First, to set a goal we use the GROW method.

Goal

Reality

Obstacles/Options

Why bother?

Goal.  What is your goal? What do you want to do? Follow the SMARTER principals when setting a goal (see below).

Reality.  In the domain of your goal what is the current reality and I mean reality don't lie to yourself, you'll only court failure.

Obstacles.  What obstacles are betwen you and your goal?

Options.  What options do you have to overcome those obstacles?

Why bother?  Why are you doing it?  You need a reason, you need to have will to succeed, you need motivation.

If you don't have that you will fail.  Go hard or go home (ironically this was a poster at my school, a boarding school I was unable to go home from.).

Right, I mentioned the SMARTER principals above so let me explain.

When you set a goal, you need to make sure that goal follows the principals or you will increase your chances of failing.

Specific.  A goal needs to be specific, vague goals are pointless and easier to give up on.  Don't try to "get fitter" try to improve your best time for a 1.5 mile run by a minute.

Measurable.  To know if you have succeded you have you be able to quantify success.  Ties in with specific.

Achievable.  Don't set the goal of being the president of the USA if you are a black lesbian communist from Britain.

Realistic.  Same as above, somebody just wanted this to be a clever acronym.

Timed.  Set a time limit or you can just keep putting it off and never face the reality that you have given up and failed.

Exciting.  Be excited about it or what's the point? (See "Why bother")

Recorded.  This is critical, publically record your goal, let people know.  Goals that are set publically are twice as likely to be realised.

Well, I hope we all enjoyed that lesson.

Please feel free to put your resolution below, state why and how you will achieve these goals, be smarter.

Check in regularly and keep us updated, The process of updating and the community spirit on the forum will help you (mostly with encouragement but in some cases practically I'm sure).

This is a bit of a wall of text so I'll put my resolution in a subsequent post.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So assuming this is also about just our actual resolutions (:P) mine are as follows:

1. Eat better, this I need to do as I don't eat enough fruit and veg but have too much oily food and fats.

2. Lose about a stone or two in weight. This will get me down to a reasonable amount and means my clothes will fit a bit better.

3. Find a decent girl to go out with, though this one is less likely given that it is me we are talking about :P.

4. Exercise more, ties in with one and two.

Typical I know but then I know I have to lose weight and the third one is just ongoing so isn't really a resolution but oh well.

'FireKnife'

So assuming this is also about just our actual resolutions ( :P) mine are as follows:

1. Eat better, this I need to do as I don't eat enough fruit and veg but have too much oily food and fats.

Define better.  Something like:  eat a good breakfast, take a snack and a decent lunch to work (no packaged sandwiches crisps and chocolate) and have a home cooked, balanced evening meal.  Only have one take-away or fast food meal a week, only one carbonated drink a day.

Specific and measurable

2. Lose about a stone or two in weight. This will get me down to a reasonable amount and means my clothes will fit a bit better.

I've seen you, you are thin.  Consider turning that "excess" mass into power, if not then set a target weight, a stone or two isn't specific.

3. Find a decent girl to go out with, though this one is less likely given that it is me we are talking about :P.

Not measurable I'm afraid, ever.  All experience is good, life shapes you.  Be happy.

4. Exercise more, ties in with one and two.

Specific, what is more? How often do you exercise now?  How much more?  What type?

As per #2 perhaps a martial art, or a class that has set times, easier to keep to.  Especially if you enjoy it.

Here is a krav maga clas in Aberdeen http://ikms.co.uk/index.php/classes/aberdeen-city pistol disarming will fit in with your existing interests.

Typical I know but then I know I have to lose weight and the third one is just ongoing so isn't really a resolution but oh well.

'FireKnife'

This is the point of the thread.

You post your resolution and by doing so you are motivated to succeed.

I am trying to be helpful, please don't take it badly.

My resolutions/goals:

I will complete a 100km sportive bike ride this year, I would like to do the invicta grimpeur but I think it will be too soon in the year to be ready.

I will choose a new one in the summer or do half of the IG if I can't find a suitable alternative.

I will be 90kg by March the 15th.  I will do this by eating reduced calories on Monday, Wednesday and Friday of each week. I am 96kg now (3kg of xmas).  Once achieved I will maintain this weight and build power to weight ratio - that is a new goal, I do not know how I will do that yet.

I will improve my fitness to the point where I can row 10k in less than 40 minutes on level 10 of my rowing machine.

I will then improve my speed so that I can still achieve this when it is on level 8.

Level 10 is more difficult but you have to move faster to do the same time on the lower settings, I want to build speed.

I will get the equipment and training I need to dive sidemount for redundancy and get to 100 logged dives.  I will do this by the end of the year.

If I achieve early I will get myself onto an SDI solo diver course.

Good goals, all comply with the SMARTER principals.

Haha I thought you would pick up on that :P.

But excusing the third one which is true you can't measure or set a goal for the rest I can expand on.

1. Eat Better. This is to exchange my usual chips and side at work for a sandwich and some fruit. Breakfast will be again fruit, nut / fibre snack bar or sugar-less and choc-less cereal. In the evening I am down to eating something meat or cheese based with at least one form of vegetable along with drinking at best one can sized carbonated drink and nothing with the word 'energy' on it. Also finally no chocolate, it is the worst of the foods I eat for making me look worse.

2. My target 'weight' is actually more a target size. I plan to be able to comfortably fit a pair of 34" waist jeans and wear a tight medium male shirt without looking bad. This is more as I know I look bad and believe me have put on weight since last December sadly. This is a general one to be honest and I will work it out later.

4. (well technically 3) at least one hour of exercise a day will be completed. This will most likely be a nice run and when the weather improves I will be cycling to work either 2 or 3 days out of 5 a week again weather depending. Finally I will be looking at taking up badminton or some other form of friendly exercise based activity which will both imrpove my stamina which is lacking. Oh and more airsoft, trying to attend at least once a month and playing a more active role using pistols only as usual.

I know these could be elaborated on more but I have some of them that might be changed but the basics are there.

'FireKnife'

I plan to start running on the 2nd of Jan. My cardio fitness is , I haven't really done any for years. I nailed a 5.4 target on a bleep test without trying recently though, even though I eat poorly too.

I also plan to either start a new martial art, or start training in krav maga again. No timescale for this, sorry, but asap.

These will both help me with a new career direction I'm trying to steer myself towards.

My obstacles are time. I work, come home, take the dogs out for approx 45 minutes/a couple of miles, while pushing a big-*albatross* pram. I get back, bath our son with my wife, and then one of us puts him to bed, the other cooks tea.

Running will take at least half an hour plus shower/change, and krav was 2 hours including travelling.

There aren't enough hours in the day!

Edit, I like this topic, not just a generic 'resolution' thread. What is a level 'x' ILM though?

Edit 2, level 10 of the bleep test I,would be happy with, for now anyway :)

1: lose more weight - Ideally down to 105 kg (currently I am 115 kg) - not sure if my body frame would get down to 100kg (I am built like the proverbial). I would like to do this to be I: a 'more healthy' weight, II: lose my beer gut (which is actually a pizza, cake and cider gut), III: feel more self confident and IV: fit into L sized clothes (currently in XXL).

I will do this by continuing to go to my gym 3 times a week and doing 45 mins to an hour each session, and continuing to eat mainly home-cooked meals with at least two different portions of veg per meal.

2: be able to run 1.5 miles in under 11 minutes. I would like to do this in order to increase physical fitness, and the amount of running around like an idiot i can do while airsofting without collapsing into a heap. I will achieve this by going to the gym (see above).

3: be able to complete 50 sit-ups and 50 push-ups in under two minutes (each). I would like to do this in order to increase core strength and arm / upper body strength, which will help me at work and other situations where I have to carry heavy loads. I will achieve this by gyming (see above).

4: I would like to acheive level 10.2 on the bleep test. Cardiovascular strength, weight loss, self esteem, airsoft dicking about. Acheive by gymming.

Hows that, stunt? Good idea, btw. 

Travel to 5 new countries. Probably via the Transiberian to Japan and South Korea, with a stay in Hong Kong at the end. Then perhaps a break to Portugal in Spring.

Get back up to at 10.5 on bleep test. Currently at 8.6, so not too hard. Do this by starting going to the gym with my housemate.

Other than that, I'm pretty much perfect.

I want to get down to a 34 inch waist (I'm a 37 inch waist at the moment). Going to cut back on junk food, eat more fruit and veg (to substitute fatty foods) and start running once my wife goes back to work (no point starting it now, long story).

Also, and relevant to this website, I want to get to more airsoft games this year.

My resolution is to not have a resolution (and no, I am not going deep thinker mode on that).

As for exercise, I've done 96 miles since the 13th (6 a day, usually 30 min shifts on 3mph at a 3 inch incline, only one day off due to a power outage), simply because I've let the cynical pressure out over break and refuse to sit in bed all day.  Needless to say, my folks think I've gone on a health binge,

Which is just too funny to hear when I start eating complete garbage as they say it.

Anyways, best of luck to the living with your resolution endeavors.

Haha I thought you would pick up on that :P.

But excusing the third one which is true you can't measure or set a goal for the rest I can expand on.

1. Eat Better. This is to exchange my usual chips and side at work for a sandwich and some fruit. Breakfast will be again fruit, nut / fibre snack bar or sugar-less and choc-less cereal. In the evening I am down to eating something meat or cheese based with at least one form of vegetable along with drinking at best one can sized carbonated drink and nothing with the word 'energy' on it. Also finally no chocolate, it is the worst of the foods I eat for making me look worse.

2. My target 'weight' is actually more a target size. I plan to be able to comfortably fit a pair of 34" waist jeans and wear a tight medium male shirt without looking bad. This is more as I know I look bad and believe me have put on weight since last December sadly. This is a general one to be honest and I will work it out later.

4. (well technically 3) at least one hour of exercise a day will be completed. This will most likely be a nice run and when the weather improves I will be cycling to work either 2 or 3 days out of 5 a week again weather depending. Finally I will be looking at taking up badminton or some other form of friendly exercise based activity which will both imrpove my stamina which is lacking. Oh and more airsoft, trying to attend at least once a month and playing a more active role using pistols only as usual.

I know these could be elaborated on more but I have some of them that might be changed but the basics are there.

'FireKnife'

Much better.

Be wary of taking on too much, if you aren't used to a lot of exercise then start with 20 minute sessions 3 times a week.

Even the pros don't work hard every day.

If you want to do something every day then a nice walk will help to shake out the stiffnesss from the heavy days.

Look for a sport to sign up for and let us know what you go with and how you get on,

I plan to start running on the 2nd of Jan. My cardio fitness is ######, I haven't really done any for years. I nailed a 5.4 target on a bleep test without trying recently though, even though I eat poorly too.

I also plan to either start a new martial art, or start training in krav maga again. No timescale for this, sorry, but asap.

These will both help me with a new career direction I'm trying to steer myself towards.

My obstacles are time. I work, come home, take the dogs out for approx 45 minutes/a couple of miles, while pushing a big-*albatross* pram. I get back, bath our son with my wife, and then one of us puts him to bed, the other cooks tea.

Running will take at least half an hour plus shower/change, and krav was 2 hours including travelling.

There aren't enough hours in the day!

Edit, I like this topic, not just a generic 'resolution' thread. What is a level 'x' ILM though?

Edit 2, level 10 of the bleep test I,would be happy with, for now anyway :)

Beep test is a great choice and level 10 is a good target to aim for (see below).

One of the best things about a beep test is that you can very easily track your progress so you don't get disheartened.

I have an MP3 of the multi stage fitness test that is set to music if you would like, you could do it right after the dog walk and would already be warmed up.

ILM is the Institure of leadership and Management and they are just an awarding body that issues qualifications in that domain, I am a coach/mentor at the medium of three levels, I can do performance coaching etc..

1: lose more weight - Ideally down to 105 kg (currently I am 115 kg) - not sure if my body frame would get down to 100kg (I am built like the proverbial). I would like to do this to be I: a 'more healthy' weight, II: lose my beer gut (which is actually a pizza, cake and cider gut), III: feel more self confident and IV: fit into L sized clothes (currently in XXL).

I will do this by continuing to go to my gym 3 times a week and doing 45 mins to an hour each session, and continuing to eat mainly home-cooked meals with at least two different portions of veg per meal.

2: be able to run 1.5 miles in under 11 minutes. I would like to do this in order to increase physical fitness, and the amount of running around like an idiot i can do while airsofting without collapsing into a heap. I will achieve this by going to the gym (see above).

3: be able to complete 50 sit-ups and 50 push-ups in under two minutes (each). I would like to do this in order to increase core strength and arm / upper body strength, which will help me at work and other situations where I have to carry heavy loads. I will achieve this by gyming (see above).

4: I would like to acheive level 10.2 on the bleep test. Cardiovascular strength, weight loss, self esteem, airsoft dicking about. Acheive by gymming.

Hows that, stunt? Good idea, btw. 

Good, specific goals there.

As far as I remember 10.4 on a beep test is what the army accept as a direct equivalent of being able to do 1.5 miles in 10:30 so 11 minutes might be selling yourself a bit short there.

50/50 is more than they require too, I think they are at 44/50.  There are a couple of good android apps that can help you there, 100 push ups and 200 sit ups, both have free versions and help build you up.

Set a time limit, you can always change it but a time limit will help motivate you.

Do a set of sit ups/press ups and a 1.5 so that you have a base line,  let us know what you do.

Travel to 5 new countries. Probably via the Transiberian to Japan and South Korea, with a stay in Hong Kong at the end. Then perhaps a break to Portugal in Spring.

Get back up to at 10.5 on bleep test. Currently at 8.6, so not too hard. Do this by starting going to the gym with my housemate.

Other than that, I'm pretty much perfect.

Yes you are, we all are <cough>.

Good goal, set a base line and let us know how you progress.

I'd love to hear about your travels, perhaps a couple of pics in here?  Especially of HK, I used to live there...

I am going to get some real steel rounds down range by the end of February. I want to shoot sub inch groups.

By the summer, I also want to drop an inch or so off the waist as I'm shamefully looking a bit pot bellied.

Dropping an inch is a goal, remember that trying to do that via diet and exercise can sort of cancel each other out.

The extra muscle mass of working out can make your waist bigger than the fat loss reduces it.

Don't be disheartened.

What are you shooting?  What range?

It's about the only thing I truly miss from the army, I love the pure zen-like concentration on such a small part of your simulacrum, the breathing, the release of shot.

It is magical.

Can you do a picture of your targets as you progress?

Excellent everyone, thanks for posting.

I want to get down to a 34 inch waist (I'm a 37 inch waist at the moment). Going to cut back on junk food, eat more fruit and veg (to substitute fatty foods) and start running once my wife goes back to work (no point starting it now, long story).

Also, and relevant to this website, I want to get to more airsoft games this year.

Good goal, set a time limit for that and keep us updated.

I went down to a 36 from 44 this year.

I'm not sure if dropping to 90kg will reduce it further but we'll see.

When I was 26 I was 84kg and had a 31 inch waist but I looked like a skeleton.

My resolution is to not have a resolution (and no, I am not going deep thinker mode on that).

As for exercise, I've done 96 miles since the 13th (6 a day, usually 30 min shifts on 3mph at a 3 inch incline, only one day off due to a power outage), simply because I've let the cynical pressure out over break and refuse to sit in bed all day.  Needless to say, my folks think I've gone on a health binge,

Which is just too funny to hear when I start eating complete garbage as they say it.

Anyways, best of luck to the living with your resolution endeavors.

Well, I'm afraid that if you achieve your goal you might destroy the universe.

I hope your life is better this year, your posts in "my eye" are difficult to read sometimes.

A good slug of endorphine in the body from exercise can make most situations seem better.

Good luck.

Thanks again everyone, lets make meaningful improvements to our lives this year.

Good, specific goals there.

As far as I remember 10.4 on a beep test is what the army accept as a direct equivalent of being able to do 1.5 miles in 10:30 so 11 minutes might be selling yourself a bit short there.

50/50 is more than they require too, I think they are at 44/50.  There are a couple of good android apps that can help you there, 100 push ups and 200 sit ups, both have free versions and help build you up.

Set a time limit, you can always change it but a time limit will help motivate you.

Do a set of sit ups/press ups and a 1.5 so that you have a base line,  let us know what you do.

Cheers - I've done a few SMART analysis before for work, so i know the basics of them. not come accross GROW before, but it's a good addition to the SMART.

Oh, really? are they the fitness levels for the army? What a coincidence, who'd've thunk, etc etc ;)

Been to the gym this morning before i logged on here - i'll try and do a set of sit ups / press ups and run a 1.5 to get a baseline level soon.

Dropping an inch is a goal, remember that trying to do that via diet and exercise can sort of cancel each other out.

The extra muscle mass of working out can make your waist bigger than the fat loss reduces it.

Don't be disheartened.

What are you shooting?  What range?

It's about the only thing I truly miss from the army, I love the pure zen-like concentration on such a small part of your simulacrum, the breathing, the release of shot.

It is magical.

Can you do a picture of your targets as you progress?

I've worked out that if I can bring the muscles of my abdomen in to where they should be, I'll be good to go. My main problem is bad habit I think, which I'm going to replace with good.

Back in the day as a cadet, I used to shoot inch and a half groups at 25 yards with a Lee Enfield chambered for .22lr. For cost and practicality, I'm happy to stick with .22lr, but I want to get down to an inch at 50 yards. I know I'm capable, I just need to get in the right headspace.

I will definitely get my progress documented and share it.

I've worked out that if I can bring the muscles of my abdomen in to where they should be, I'll be good to go. My main problem is bad habit I think, which I'm going to replace with good.

Back in the day as a cadet, I used to shoot inch and a half groups at 25 yards with a Lee Enfield chambered for .22lr. For cost and practicality, I'm happy to stick with .22lr, but I want to get down to an inch at 50 yards. I know I'm capable, I just need to get in the right headspace.

As with stunt, I also love the focus you get when shooting. Not shot a rifle for years now though.

I too shot .22lr enfields at school, and could get sub inch groups on our 25 yard range. Made the school shooting team, and ended up being able to blatt 2 foot steel plates at 300 yards using iron sights on the single shot saty's cadets used to use.

Go for it!

Beep test is a great choice and level 10 is a good target to aim for (see below).

One of the best things about a beep test is that you can very easily track your progress so you don't get disheartened.

I have an MP3 of the multi stage fitness test that is set to music if you would like, you could do it right after the dog walk and would already be warmed up.

ILM is the Institure of leadership and Management and they are just an awarding body that issues qualifications in that domain, I am a coach/mentor at the medium of three levels, I can do performance coaching etc..

Goal - To better myself through the medium of physical exercise. Essentially I'd like to be able to get physically fit this year, and be able to run a half-marathon by the end of the year. I'd also like to build up my muscle, which will require a bodybuilding split routine after a brief period following Starting Strength.

Reality - The running portion is certainly doable. I really enjoy running but I'm pretty lazy as well and the PC has taken priority over the past few years. I'm in a semi-rural area so there's plenty of space for me to run without interruptions/obstacles.

The lifting side should also be possible but will require a lot of work and for me to remain 100% serious throughout. These are both ideally lifestyle changes, so I'd like to get into the routine so I can keep it up.

Obstacles/Options - I tried to get to the gym this year, but due to work I could only really go super early in the morning. I'm terrible at getting up though, so I need to assess whether I'd be able to wake up earlier, or go to the gym after work.

Why bother? - For the wimminz, innit. Self esteem etc.

Cheers - I've done a few SMART analysis before for work, so i know the basics of them. not come accross GROW before, but it's a good addition to the SMART.

Oh, really? are they the fitness levels for the army? What a coincidence, who'd've thunk, etc etc ;)

Been to the gym this morning before i logged on here - i'll try and do a set of sit ups / press ups and run a 1.5 to get a baseline level soon.

Yeah, the spec is (was) 2 minute best effort sit ups then 2 minute best effort press ups then an 800m squadded warm-up followed by a timed 1.5 mile run.

You were awarded points based on your number of reps/time up to a maximum of 100, getting 300 points was a real challenge.

The minimum spec was 44/50/10:30 (got an extra 30 seconds when you hit 30 though).

This is all from memory so might be wonky.

I know the rifle, I shot the 5.56mm version of it at a minimum range of 100m, I believe I half remember the specification of the thing being that it was able to shoot a 38mm group at 100m and anything worse was your fault.

I also know some of the rifles were better than others - wobbly TMH housing etc., I shot around 50mm at 100m which is only just on a fig. 12 at 500m.

I shot 4/5 fig. 12s at 500m once - I was very happy with that.

As with stunt, I also love the focus you get when shooting. Not shot a rifle for years now though.

I too shot .22lr enfields at school, and could get sub inch groups on our 25 yard range. Made the school shooting team, and ended up being able to blatt 2 foot steel plates at 300 yards using iron sights on the single shot saty's cadets used to use.

Go for it!

That's good shooting - I was never good enough for our falling plate team, we had a couple of guys from the Army 100 in our regiment.

Goal - To better myself through the medium of physical exercise. Essentially I'd like to be able to get physically fit this year, and be able to run a half-marathon by the end of the year. I'd also like to build up my muscle, which will require a bodybuilding split routine after a brief period following Starting Strength.

Reality - The running portion is certainly doable. I really enjoy running but I'm pretty lazy as well and the PC has taken priority over the past few years. I'm in a semi-rural area so there's plenty of space for me to run without interruptions/obstacles.

The lifting side should also be possible but will require a lot of work and for me to remain 100% serious throughout. These are both ideally lifestyle changes, so I'd like to get into the routine so I can keep it up.

Obstacles/Options - I tried to get to the gym this year, but due to work I could only really go super early in the morning. I'm terrible at getting up though, so I need to assess whether I'd be able to wake up earlier, or go to the gym after work.

Why bother? - For the wimminz, innit. Self esteem etc.

OK.

The half marathon goal is a good one.

Why don't you choose an event and enter it? Post up the event date and what it is then work a training program back from that.

I think in your case the gym might be a waste of money, body weight exercises are a great place to start out building muscle and they are free.

Press-ups

Sit-ups

Heaves (normal at first and then reverse grip)

Chair tricep dips

Burpees

Good mornings

You can do all of that with a chair, something to stick your toes under and a bar (don't hit your head on the door frame).

You can even move on without going to the gym, you can start to work in some plyometrics (be careful - do NOT start on them right away) and do the advanced versions of some of those exercises:

One arm press-ups (plyometric is a clapping press-up)

Sit-up and stand

Shin-to-bar or muscle-ups (plyometric is a clapping pull-up)

Parallel bar tricep dips (can do this with two chairs but be careful they don't fall down).

Burpees - just go faster

Good mornings - add a little weight but be super-careful.

For that you need a proper heave bar and tricep bars but you might find there is a park near you with a "trim trail" in it that is free to use...

Get fit and save a bit of money.

I would like to airsoft more and clean & jerk 100kg /  front squat 140. both are very achievable..maybe even a 4 month resolution...one requires money the other eating and repetition of movement. over and over and over again. tbh not sure if this really qualifies for this thread as they are less resolutions more just timefillers!!

But are not most resolutions just time fillers?

The only difference is that they are just started at the start of a New Year due to some fad of making such things up?

I personally like the idea but with so many people I know breaking theirs I have to laugh when people draft up some very silly ones, ones that are not achieveable without great changes to their life or personality.

Mine have already started given that I have a few days free. I have already performed some basic exercises at split periods in the day and have improved what I eat. Now to keep doing it until I am down to a comfortable 34" waist and feel like I have improved my cardio which I will measure based on a series of lengthening weekly runs and how well I perform during them. Plus added to the bonus of looking better and feeling better it means I will have an improved stamina for those mad moments and dashes at the enemy in airsoft skirmishes.

'FireKnife'

Worrying when that happens.

I would like to airsoft more and clean & jerk 100kg /  front squat 140. both are very achievable..maybe even a 4 month resolution...one requires money the other eating and repetition of movement. over and over and over again. tbh not sure if this really qualifies for this thread as they are less resolutions more just timefillers!!

Not a bad time filler though.

Good goal, you have a target and a time limit.

But are not most resolutions just time fillers?

The only difference is that they are just started at the start of a New Year due to some fad of making such things up?

I personally like the idea but with so many people I know breaking theirs I have to laugh when people draft up some very silly ones, ones that are not achieveable without great changes to their life or personality.

Mine have already started given that I have a few days free. I have already performed some basic exercises at split periods in the day and have improved what I eat. Now to keep doing it until I am down to a comfortable 34" waist and feel like I have improved my cardio which I will measure based on a series of lengthening weekly runs and how well I perform during them. Plus added to the bonus of looking better and feeling better it means I will have an improved stamina for those mad moments and dashes at the enemy in airsoft skirmishes.

'FireKnife'

Nice.

If you throw some fartlec training into your runs you can make big improvements to your explosive power.

That'll help if you at airsoft too.

Doing sit-ups with your feet pinned under something will strengthen your hip flexor muscles which will help lenghten your stride and improve leg speed.

I have now weighed in for 2013, and I am 98 kilos.

Thats OK, but not brilliant.  I was as low as 93ish at the start of December, that's 5kg in one month.

Not as bad as it seems because I got in the habit of weighing in after a hot bath which skewed my weight by about 2kg.

So, 11 weeks to lose 8 kilos while training for the Grimeur.  I'll apply for the race soon.

Archived