Views (even bad) on this Amazon DPM Molle Vest

dapprman

Sorry if it's been covered here before or if asking advice like this is inappropriate (or should be in the newbie section).

While I'm sorted rigging wise for CQB (black Pantac vest and pouches), for legacy paintball reasons, once spring comes along and I look to go woodlands I'll be wearing British DPM.  Problem I've had is finding DPM molle gear but have found this on Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00F51MXO0/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2HY33OEHXA2K1

So just wondering if anyone's had any good/bad experience with this make/company ?  I'm happy to hear of alternatives, but when looking at Flecktarn, Survivalaids, and Militarysurpless I only find old fixed style webbing in woodlands DPB, while the only Molle pattened gear seems to be in multicam or flecktarn.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARKTIS-INFANTRY-JUNGLE-DPM-PLCE-CHEST-WEBBING-OPS-WAISTCOAT-LBE-VEST-COMMANDO-/331065932901?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item4d15113c65

ok its not molle but personally I but unless you want to be flexible in what pouches you want and don't want at a given time (which is fair enough) I'd really give this a look. Arktis is quality gear and what our american cousins would call "real world applicable tactical warfighter gunshooter wear". The other thing to consider that plate carriers are not very practical for woodland (especially large ones like the CIRAS et al) they not very breathable, cumbersome, they expand the profile of the body and they can impede laying down. Airsoft isn't really about what is practical though so again if you want a plate carrier then crack on. just my  2p

• 2 weeks later...

Pistol_Dude just had the right idea.

One of those surplus vests (or the Miltec replicas) will be cheap enough and last quite a bit.

And being molle, you can adjust the pouches anyway you like them, and even re-use them you get a proper PC later on...

:)

I would suggest for woodland, and for that price, you could get an old Brit issue chest rig in DPM, I would stay away from WebTex personally though, it won't last no where near as long as the issued rig and will cost about the same. They're excellent bits of kit that will carry 6 mags plus two water bottle size pouches either side and a map pouch in the middle. Very comfortable, lightweight and perfect for woodland.

I should have posted on here that I have been following advice on here and looking on places such a eBay for ex-service and Arktis rigs.  Also I'm now looking at vests rather than molle as the newer ones will have pouches for STANAG mags anyhow.

The main reason I ideally want a molle vest is that while my main weapon is a TAR-21 (STANAG mags) I also have a MP5 and a Magpul FPG (the magazones of both use the same pouches), plus some time in the future I might treat myself to a Real Sword RIF and even possibly a G3 or SIG500 to go DMR with - so being able to swap magazine pouches would be useful.

As my woodland camo gear is already DPM from my paintball days back in the 9180s (well jacket and hat - got the trousers more recently)

I should have structured my question better.

Why does your LBE need to be DPM? Why not OD, MC ect? There are many LBE options in every other flavour than Dpm.

For while I know some of you will say it's the pattern break up that's important, frankly mixing camo types normally does not work and can help you stand out more.  I'm not going for a specific look, but I do want my camo to be consistent.  Note this is for woodlands gaming where I hope to get the benefit out of it, not CQB where I already wear a black molle vest.

Indeed, and at distance, it won't make much difference anyway. My mob got accused of being yanks last year at EW by several people because they struggled to correctly identify the difference between the US woodland pattern and our DPM. They also didn't notice the SA80s instead of M16s or 58 Pattern instead of ALICE either but that is beside the point. We were engaging them at 30-50m.

Hate to disagree with you guys, and yes Woodlands would go closely, however not all sites are open and easy to identify incoming, even in a fire exchange.  I want consistency and the ability to try and stalk/stealth in to position.  I may be out of practice with this, but I'm also far from new.  Wearing two different patterns (unless close like DPM and woodlands) is almost as bad as wearing black rigging over any camo, or being all in black and thinking it makes you stealthy.

seems like molle dpm pouches are made but not so much vests/ plate carriers - think an od vest would be easiest (would give you massive selection) then dpm pouches over the top.  can spray the od bits to break it up for camo reasons. Otherwise I think the dutch vest is the best bet as base

Wearing two different patterns (unless close like DPM and woodlands) is almost as bad as wearing black rigging over any camo, or being all in black and thinking it makes you stealthy.

Absolutely not. With today's youth teeming with ADHD, ADD and whatever else Ds there might be, they are essentially blind to anything that doesn't move.

I have stood upright, less than ten meters from people whilst wearing solid-color clothes and gear, and they've walked straight past me. Only to get shot in the *albartroth*.

And I'm not the only one with experiences like this, not by a long shot.

Knowing when, how and where to move, and having good situational awareness is the key to what you wish to achieve. Not saying it can be done when wearing ACUs and desert camouflage, but wearing a green rig over a DPM uniform (or vice versa) will have little to no detrimental effect.

Absolutely not. With today's youth teeming with ADHD, ADD and whatever else Ds there might be, they are essentially blind to anything that doesn't move.

I have stood upright, less than ten meters from people whilst wearing solid-color clothes and gear, and they've walked straight past me.

Now that is scary and I do know my closest woodland site has a bad reputation for kids/younger adults.

seems like molle dpm pouches are made but not so much vests/ plate carriers - think an od vest would be easiest (would give you massive selection) then dpm pouches over the top.  can spray the od bits to break it up for camo reasons. Otherwise I think the dutch vest is the best bet as base

One of the options for me was green molle or green and mesh and then DPM pouches.  The Dutch vest above was very tempting until I decided that for the moment I didn't really need the flexibility of molle and so could go ex-services, just remind me of this when I get carried away in a few months time and decide to get a Real Sword Type 56, 56-1, or 56-2 .....

Archived