ACE 1 Arms Osprey Replica Suppressor 'Coming Soon'

Rob15

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally if I'm putting that much extra length on the front of a pistol, I'm more inclined to simply install a long inner barrel that runs the length of the suppressor for the accuracy and velocity gain.

This is essentially an osprey version of the angrygun power-up supressor, so it already comes with an inner barrel.

Would it possible to make this in some plastic material? Or would it be even heavier, given that the walls would need to be thicker?

I don't think a plastic one would really be heavier, but I don't think you've save enough weight either for it to be worth it and make it floating barrel friendly.

Loving this, but my TM tracer unit was too heavy for my P226 to cycle properly, so I'm wary of suppressors on GGBP's.

That's not really very suprising, a pack of AAA batteries to power one is 54g alone, a complete tracer is a heavy unit and I seriously doubt they were intended for GBB pistols originally. Get a suppressor that is sub 50g and you'll probably find it cycles properly, be it a bit slower.

I was kinda disappointed when Marui revealed their next 2 pistols to be USPs instead of an FNP45. :(

The USP uses the same safety/decocker system and DA/SA action that the FNP does. Meaning it wouldn't take too much redesign to make a FNP out of a USP GBB design.

Or in other words, I wouldn't be surprised if marui announced the FNP 45 in 2014.

Hmmmmmm..........

http://wa20000hybrid85.militaryblog.jp/e504806.html

Seems they're available as pre-orders now in Japan.

My paraphrase/translation as below:

For KWA/KSC KRISS Vector use

Black / FDE flavor

16mm clockwise thread

Built-in 6.03mm tightbore inner barrel extension

7000 Yen ( 70 USD or maybe lower )

For AEG / GBB use

Black / FDE flavor

14mm clockwise / anti-clockwise thread

Built-in 6.03mm tightbore inner barrel extension

7000 Yen ( 70 USD or maybe lower )

For AEG / GBB use

Black / FDE flavor

14mm clockwise / anti-clockwise thread

Empty(?) inner structure, dummy model ( I guess there will be sponge for sound dampening )

6000 Yen ( 60 USD or maybe lower )

Aight... things you can observe from the video:

- That thing is cool

- The poor M&P was fairly strained to pull back the slide, check that gas venting (even with the lightened slide).

- The barrel suffered for it, there is severe wear on the finish of the chamber

- 420 fps, that's a bit too much

Overall, cool looking. Will get one, with foam instead of inner barrel if at all possible.

All of this talk of pistol suppressors reminded me of the fact that some thieving *bramston pickle* stole my LP carbon fibre can at a CQB game last year. :c

That sucks, literally 'light fingered' :( Probably not the best thing to steal given that they're extremely rare in Hong Kong though, I'm fairly sure you had the only one in the whole country, certainly no more than two there.

- The poor M&P was fairly strained to pull back the slide, check that gas venting (even with the lightened slide).

It actually cycles which is better than expected, although it'd be interesting to see it used on other pistol types to see if it works as well as that, given that it is venting gas like that I'd expect the cooldown to be much worse though.

That sucks, literally 'light fingered' :( Probably not the best thing to steal given that they're extremely rare in Hong Kong though, I'm fairly sure you had the only one in the whole country, certainly no more than two there.

It actually cycles which is better than expected, although it'd be interesting to see it used on other pistol types to see if it works as well as that, given that it is venting gas like that I'd expect the cooldown to be much worse though.

True, it cycles. This is a very lightened slide, machined from aluminum with a very agressive chamber ramp. On a 1911 I don't expect it to work at all.

Still cool, it's supposedly coming out within the month , right?

Archived