Benefit Street; Channel 4 Documentry Series.

Habakure

Of course it has nothing to do with the "I've got it coz I is well 'ard innit" image they want to have

no its because their poor and stoned and like *fruitcage*ing dogs . In all seriousness though all the dogs I've come across that people own poor or otherwise big or small would be more likely to lick you to death or hump your leg.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bingo. Living by yourself, nothing to look forward to. Then boom, you get a dog and it loves you unconditionally. Security light would be a better idea than a dog.

The point about the car, was in relation to the person on the radio. As in, the distance to work could be done via public transport but it would be hard and it would be cheaper. I wouldn't expect someone to spend more money when they're in a position of "do I feed my dog or myself?".

It was cheaper via public transport than running the car (in this instance). Me personally, if I was struggling to feed myself (a big necessity really), I would sell the dog and anything else to feed myself. Desperate times call for desperate measures. But as I said, that's my view as someone who isn't in that situation. I'm going to be biased due to not experiencing the same things as the radio caller. She could have been through some rough times and the little things (dog and the tv) help to keep her going (living a meaningful life).

Archived