Homemade rucksack sling for back-up weapon.

Tommygunn

Since snipering with my M24 is my favourite role in airsoft there have been several times where I have come unstuck, mainly due to moments of CQB or opponents being too close. Of course, I have my sidearm but I have often wanted to have an AEG to hand but it has always been awkward fielding my M4 with the usual 2-point sling, or even a 3-point if your that daft.

So it popped into my head (never knew that they do exist) that it would be great to have my M4 slung right out of the way, balanced and forgettable. Therefore, a rucksack style of sling came to mind.

So, I had some spare straps off an old Camelbak, which I stripped to the bare minimum, plus some extra webbing from Ebay, a snap hook from a Sterling sling and a 3 bar slide buckle. The link piece, on which the sling hook is threaded, is a stripped piece from the Camelbak straps.

In the photo below, here being used with my MP5SD3, the forward part of the sling is attached by a taught piece of paracord with the knot superglued to prevent it detaching.

The setup is very comfortable and keeps your backup right out of the way.

Tom.

P112002530.jpg

What do you mean by 'equip it'? Do you mean how easy is it to get off my back and aim it?

Essentially, it is as easy as removing a normal rucksack, even easier if you release one of the fastex buckles and then swing it. You could release both buckles at once, but that's not advisable.

Also, as a sniper, you've usually got small amount of time to prepare since you would have been shooting at range and in any case I have my pistol to hand as standard.

Tom.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The British army sa80 sling can be used exactly like this?.. I use mine on an MP5 when I use a riot shield, (yes I'm that guy) but I found that it is a bit of a pain to take off so I usually just sling it on my back, I will admit though it is quicker to undo a clip and have it fall straight to your side, I shall be jerry rigging up some spares

Archived