Modernized BAR (By Ohio Ordnance)

Horsem4n

So Tiger111 posted a pic of a modernized old rifle on their facebook and i recognized it:

1526968_624592050911713_1925947068_n.jpg

ITS A FRACKIN BAR!

i never knew how sexy it would look all bastardized like a pro. so i google searched the picture and found that none other than Ohio Ordnance is behind this monstrosity:

http://soldiersystems.net/2013/11/11/hcar-bar-21st-century/

they have a small hope, but more of a justification to build it, that it could be a real replacement (ironically) of the M14. it can do everything the m14 does, but its much more controllable in FA.

i find it cool that they went really far to cut weight off it. they milled the receiver, made light weight furniture, dimpled the barrel and shortened the front end. weighs the same as an M14.

i imagine that they are planning to release a SAO version for the civi market soon, but since their SAO BAR variants already cost $4300, ill be getting one no time soon.

but now the question is, should i continue bastardizing WWII guns by building one of these? the SY M1918 is not very expensive and after i cut down the front end, would weigh a very closely to the HCAR, but the only thing im not sure i can pull off is that handguard. but maybe i can get one directly from OOW? we'll see.

BTW, i do know this was from last year. not seeing anything new about it though.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived