Hello, I´m new to the forum but could probably consider myself a veteran of the sport

RavenCorvinus13

So this will be my introduction to posting.

I´ve been visiting the forum from time to time, mainly browsing through the builds that people have made.

I love the sport and more, love the tinkering, I have made some modifications myself but nothing substantial.

So, I figured introducing myself would be the first thing to do.

My name is Ronnie and I´m 22, I work at my dads advertising bureau as a graphics designer, but I´m a graduated tailor, so if anybody needs any advice on sewing or pattern making feel free to ask.

Tactical gear wasn´t part of the curriculum, but there are similarities  :D. Some of my other interests include: painting, drawing, making stuff and computer games.

I first got into the sport at age 9, a couple of friends had gotten some springer pistols and I was invited to join them and use a loaner.

I had a blast, it seemed like a step up from running with our wooden guns shouting bang... :)

So the years passed and the gear got more pricey. My friends did not see the point in spending that much money into it and they already played football and hockey,

so them dumping cash into that was their priority. So I was pretty much alone, buying and tinkering, but never actually got around to playing much.

at age 14 I was invited by another group of people to come play with them and they were pretty much on the same level of interest.

That lasted a few years and then again started to fade...  :(

Since then I´ve played at smaller events with friends of friends of friends and so on, two or three times a year.

At the moment I live in the south of Finland and have again found a bigger group that share my interest, sadly I moved here to study and with my GF soon graduating 

we´re on the move again. And being part of the Swedish speaking minority of Finland (Fenno-Swede), connecting with the Finnish community is rather challenging.

But I guess I can´t let that stop me.

That pretty much sums it up into a short little novel, on how I got into the sport.

In the future I would like to visit the Scots and play with them, but I have no idea on how renting guns works there with the UKARA system and all.

I´m thinking about participating in the Build contest here on the forum, if the budget allows for it  :D.

Hi mate,

Welcome to the best damn airsoft community there is. Any questions, go ahead and ask them, we love talking about the game and helping out.

If you encounter FireKnife, be very wary of sexual innuendo. If you are talking to the regulars, ask yourself, are they being serious? Sometimes they like a bit of a wind up :) But generally speaking the advice is sound.

Oh and finally, it won't relate to you directly in Finland, but for a quick handy guide: Tokyo Marui good. WE bad. Cybergun worse.

I can understand wanting to play with the Scots. Scoutthedougie very much gives them a good bit of advertising - plus the weather is closer to what you're used to. But if you get the chance come down to the 'NAE' in England. It's the biggest airsoft event in the UK - you can meet absolutely tonnes of great people and they'll find you intriguing as a foreigner :P

***Warning: Shameless Plug***

If you're any good at working on guns or aspire to be so, you can come and help out with my tech tent at the NAE.

P.s. just noticed you're interested in the ACBC build competition. Yes, please join in - that's another one of my babies. PM me if you fancy it.

thanks guys.  :)

Yeah the Scottish climate is pretty similar, I come from a prt of Finland called Ostrobotnia and the high and low temperature sometimes seems riddiculus,

I remember one time in particular when i was still in elemantary school it was - 39 degrees celsius and we were playing football in the snow (and with football i mean "soccer", not handegg  :D).

And a typical warm summerday can be anywhere around 15 to 35. wouldn´t mind some more rain now and then.

I once had the opportunity to visit Scotland but the Finnish navy thought otherwise.  :D

I would love to help you out, however I´m pretty much broke at the moment, and I´m more of a tinkerer rather than a tech.

So I think I´ll have to respectfully decline, hope you find someone, it´s for a good cause if I recall.

Ostrobotnia sounds like something one contracts whilst in a Finnish brothel.

hehe? unsure if that was intended as an insult or just plain joking?  :D

I like you, purely because yo used the phrase 'HandEgg'

We can be friends.

Well thank you  :)... I´m under the impression that the phrase "football" can be misunderstood particularily when dealing with Americans,

and also it has been discussed among me and friends on several occasions.

Friends we shall be then  :D.

hehe? unsure if that was intended as an insult or just plain joking?  :D

That's our wacky sense of humor over here. Don't worry. ;)

Well thank you  :)... I´m under the impression that the phrase "football" can be misunderstood particularily when dealing with Americans,

and also it has been discussed among me and friends on several occasions.

Friends we shall be then  :D.

At least half of the folks over here are British, so when we say "football", we mean footy, not American armadillo rugby. :P

Archived