Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Starblade54

GBB FNX-45 Tactical

Both 7" and 8" don't boost fps on FNX. It's Cybergun/VFC mistake - inner barrel is short and have no connection with suppressor = lost compression.

Was also the same for the OSP suppressor I had on the FNX before I sold it to I'm Going Space. 2 Suppressors 1 pistol. 

I removed the suppressors inner barrel and had no issue with cycling and it didn't seem to affect the pistol condition. Think Jonny has the same with it now and he has a tracer in the OSP. 

No damage,

No lowering FPS

If your want dummy suppressor - it's fine. Just disassemble it and take out inner barrel and spring. It will be even lighter which is good for pistol performance.

About compression. It's important for higher FPS. But it's a problem to keep it same from hop-up to end of the suppressor end. Since FNX inner barrel is short (it's easy to check by calipers) your need longer inner barrel for better connection and seal. Also, making second cut on suppressor inner barrel didn't help - it's start to wobble (goof bye accuracy).

Anyone that had their FNX come with an orange thread protector on it, how was it sealed on (glue?) and how did you remove it? 

I'm fairly certain it screws off by turning it clockwise/to the right, correct?

I am pretty sure most shops both paint it orange and glue/threadlock it in place. I see a lot of posts about people having a hard time getting those types of things off. I guess heating it and working it with a wrench would work. You can get the thread protector separately anyways if you damage it.

Most of the time when I get stuff from WGC or other Asia based sites, the orange tips aren't secured that much.

Heck, I ordered a WE makarov from tiger111 and the orange tip literally fell off when I touched it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the use of session cookies.