GBB FNX-45 Tactical

Starblade54

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The tech department of Cybergun reckon it's about 2 years away, and can't stress enough how basic this prototype is...i.e. there is a long road ahead.

Two years away? I mean, functionally speaking, all modern GBB pistols function in a very similar fashion, and presumably Cybergun already have the legal agreements in place (otherwise they wouldn't be advertising it) so what takes two years to resolve? Manufacturing issues, I suppose? Still, nice to see they aren't going to rush it; maybe they'll find the time for some extensive QC.

Yeah 2 years is a hell of a long time these days (unless you're Real Sword), if we wind the clock back 2 years, GBBs were in a different place then, 2 years is enough for WE to jump the gun, for all 3rd parties to make enough parts to perfect it, and probably even TM's.. 

Yup, they do indeed. Who do you think fixes all of their returns? They are responsible for testing the new products as they come in, and working out what's needed in the manufacturing process of others e.g. taking feedback from certain areas, changing materials due to problems etc.

I had a good long chat with the lad about the pistol, and although he point blank refused to tell me who was making it (and I stopped pressing...he was getting annoyed at me), we got to discuss some nice points on it. The rear sight will be RS compatible, so mounting the micro-red dot rear sight will be possible. The aim is to completely eliminate outer barrel wobble from the inner barrel assembly, as that's one thing that gets mentioned to them a lot. They don't know whether they'll keep the fill valve where it is, or move it to a more traditional place. Keeping it there allows for easier/quicker filling, but this is where it was stressed again how early this prototype is. He reckoned two years before we see it, and I'd be inclined to believe him...he has no reason to lie. Now he could be completely wrong and it could come out earlier, in which case happy days!

Maybe like WA-pattern magazines, just below the hammer valve?

Got it in one. Sorry I thought pictures had shown that - didn't want to be repeating old info as new stuff.

Here's a zoomed in pic of mine from earlier, I don't see how you say that gap is abysmal as it's a lot better than most of the poly guns out there

10337399_648190908564117_2046952404_o.jp

And no, the slide edge isn't nearly as pronounced on the RS

But again, it's still a prototype, doesn't mean we can't criticize it though

Archived