Which gun?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which gun?

• G3 SG1
    • AK47 Full stock
    • AK47 Beta spetznaz
    • Steyr AUG civvy
    • G36

Hey, I know this must be getting old, but I really can't decide which one to get. I am really just looking for a gun to toy around with, maybe a little airsofting, but mostly just for plinking in the backyard and shooting my friends with (lol). Price is not an issue, and where I play has open and a little CQB areas, but mainly open. Leaning toward the SG1 because I like the sniper roll(done it before). Any advice would be appreciated from your own experiences

AK47 fullstock.

G3SG1 is too big, less accurate than the AK47 anyways. I own both.

If you want to go the sniper rifle path, get a single action rifle. Spring powered or gas powered. The SG1 isn't much of a sniper rifle. The bipod sucks, so don't consider it a plus. The Steyr AUG is ok, but I don't like having to reach back for changing magazines. I'm not a huge fan of the G36 either, just because it's not an AK. The Beta Spetz is just..wrong. I hate it cause it's fffakkee.

You asked my opinion, there ya go.

You're in Bellevue, so that means you can play with Evergreen, Eastside or at NW Tactical for indoor. Therefore I'd suggest a gun which would be useable at all three, so probably the G36C (Plus you've got PSAC's Archangel for help!) or the Beta Spetz. The fullstock AK is a bit long for CQB, although it pwns everyone.

Honestly I can tell you what not to get, that would be the G3 SG1 and Aug. G3SG1 has got range but they do got some durability problems, and plus it's a heft to run around with such a long gun.

Not a fan of the AEG Aug, Again it's got the long barrel and range but from what I hear, it too has some durability problems.

I happen to own a Beita, and yes it's not a real gun, that does happen to bug me as well. But I was too cheap to buy a AK-47 and spend some money to fit it with black furniture (I happen to like black AKs), so what the hell.

I wouldn't have bothered responding except that so many people have said "Don't buy an S/G1. It teh suxxores!!!!111"

An S/G1 might be the ideal gun for you if you plan on doing a lot of plinking and working on the gun.

The bipod is VERY useful for sniping. I dunno really how it could "suck". It folds down and elevates the muzzle. It works.

As for durability, it's fine too. Sure, it's a big gun and a bit creaky but no more so than an M16 or AK47.

If you want a gun to work on then you can fit loads of internal parts cheaply and really improve the performance.

TBH, the only thing that I wouldn't recommend the S/G1 for is plain old skirmishing.

If you get an S/G1 for skirmishing then you'll end up needing to get another gun as well as an all-rounder. The S/G1 IS heavy and unwieldy for running around with.

I tend to use mine in just a couple of games a day, when I get tired of running around.

It definately isn't the most useful rifle to skirmish with but it is a very satisfying gun to own and shoot.

Hm how a bipod sucks? It's cheap, weak, too long, and a *badgeress* to pull down. Most good bipods deploy by just pulling them down. You have to pull a button on the SG1 bipod, which takes time. I think, in the 10 times I've skirmished with the gun, I've found the bipod useful once. Even in the several scenarios where I had to camp.

I think, in the 10 times I've skirmished with the gun, I've found the bipod useful once.  Even in the several scenarios where I had to camp.

So you're saying that bipods in general suck, rather than the Marui one specifically then?

Or are you saying that a different bipod, fitted to the same gun, would have been used more often?

Archived