Nigel Farage on handguns

Wild_XIII

Its interesting reading when you get law abiding people arguing over laws relating to guns and saying they stop criminals gaining access to them .

Laws are there for law abiding people to follow , a criminal Dosnt give a damn what laws are in place if he wAnts a gun he can get one , no law tightening can stop this .

Gun crime is not widespread across the uk , but it is on the increase in particular large city's where criminals have large financial stakes to protect or take over .

Due to our useless border controls most of the new guns are being imported nowadays , lower rank criminals tend to go down the re activation / conversion route . .

Also a lot of gun crime / incidents don't seem to get media coverage nowadays . Why I don't know !

A good friend of mine had her house shot up badly and is in a safe house at the moment. . Oddly there is no papers or media coverage on it . Even though a well known newsreader / presenter lives across the road in this cul de sac . 15 large calibre holes through the walls of a house in a very built up affluent area , narrowly missing her special needs daughter . Yet no media coverage. .

This is the 2nd such incident in a year tied to gang wars in kings cross / Camden . Multiple stabbings , street fights between gangs over territory / drugs .

Maybe its because these are immigrant gang attacks and the goverment want immigrant crime recordings suppressed . Can't think of any other feasible reason at the moment .

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was reading all the way through that post thinking you might not make a negative reference to immigrants just for once.  But no, you truly are consistent.

I've never seen someone with a race agenda veil their comments quite as thinly as you manage to do, I'd almost say it's impressive.

Nothing to do with racism , more to do with goverment policy and agendas , they are masking a youth / society problem in this country not a racism one , newer immigrant youths trying to make a name for themselves are adding to this problem , upsetting the apple cart so to speak .

Lucrative sales of drugs is the problem

Lack of policing , social decline is allowing gangs to operate in the area, there are white , black , Turkish , Somalian gangs all fighting for what they consider to be their turf .

The goverment / police masking the problem to protect their crime figures / immigration is hardly racism .

Just for your information I grew up in a West Indian family ,so I can't see how I am a racist . My black brother has exactly the same views on the subject . Stating that different nationalitys are clashing is not racism , it is a fact ., also my friend who's family was viciously attacked was Indian / mixed race with mixed race children ,note the word Friend !! Thought I wouldn't be allowed any non white friends if I am a racist as you seem to be suggesting.

Was reading all the way through that post thinking you might not make a negative reference to immigrants just for once.  But no, you truly are consistent.

I've never seen someone with a race agenda veil their comments quite as thinly as you manage to do, I'd almost say it's impressive.

Firstly I couldn't help notice you changed your comment from "racist" to "someone with a race agenda"

Either way neither of which are true. Babbaz has said nothing that would suggest him being racist or having a "race agenda" whatever that is.

Chris I have always had a lot of respect for you on forums as your knowledgeable about airsoft, make good vids etc but your comment just now basically accusing someone of being racist just because they mentioned there is a problem with immigration just makes me think back to the old Labour government which didn't allow discussion on immigration as they would just brand the person who mentioned it as racist.. and funny enough we now have a massive problem.

I would like to know Chris why you felt Babbaz's comment was "racist" or having a "race agenda"

It's not about that individual comment, it's about the dozens of times he's done the exact same thing in the past.  Particularly when the thread topic had absolutely zero/nada/nothing to do with immigration.  I'm not going to wade through the extensive quagmire of all his previous posts to bring the quotes here because I had no desire to read them initially let alone multiple times, if you wish to do that yourself nick you're quite free to do so.  You will find the consistent references are in there I can assure you.   Please don't accuse me of jumping to 'brand' everyone I disagree with before you actually know what my opinion is, because reasoned, intelligent discussion on that particular subject at a relevant time in a relevant place is absolutely fine with me, as with any other subject, I can promise you that.  The practice of bringing up the problems caused by immigration at every possible opportunity in places that are IMHO absolutely irrelevant and at times that are absolutely irrelevant does not constitute reasoned or intelligent discussion, it wreaks of someone who's got, as I said, a very thinly veiled agenda.

Baz, if your claims as to your particularly varied racial group of friends and family are true then let me apologise for bringing up the word race, that was a mistake.  It's clearly not race you have an issue with, just anybody coming in to the UK from outside of it, regardless of what their skin colour/religion/culture/ethnicity might be.  If you're going to tell me you don't have an issue with that either then I would ask you to please look over and make adjustments to what you're posting across these boards; because I truly fail to see how it's inconceivable that people would get the opinion you have a generic, unfounded dislike for all immigrants based on your consistent painting of them in a very negative light in threads that didn't initially have anything in the slightest to do with that subject.

This was a very viable comment regarding guns and gun crime in a discussion about gun controls in the uk. . Like it or not it is very relevant to the subject in discussion . Or is mentioning guns being imported / being brought in from other country's deemed racist nowadays . ? If our border controls were tighter this problem would not be occurring as much .

As for your pigeonholing comments regarding me being a racist . Maybe you should actualy do some homework on people/ backgrounds before making comments accusations of racism . My own parents were immigrants to this country so I find your views , accusations of racism quite offensive to say the least . . Yet another person with a twisted pc view of what racism actualy is ..

While I would like access to a bigger variety of firearms I don't think it's going to happen as IMO it would be political suicide for any MP to seriously suggest thanks to the media's message of all guns are bad and that anyone who wants something more powerful than a pea shooter is a terrorist or nutter about to snap and re-enact the film Falling Down.

As for the tighter gun laws reduce crime argument

EBE426F7-8C47-490B-83C4-2349A9B1056B_zps

My main issue with the gun laws here is that I need to grovel cap in hand to the feo for a new one. I have to have a "NEED" for a new one, even though I passed all the tests and have be granted a cert because I've been a good girl and hopped through all the hoops I cant be trusted to buy guna I like. So to go shoot a new comp that my centrefire rifle isnt suotible for I have to scrpunge a lend of a gun for long enpugh to go look sir I have a reason so please please please begging ypur pardon but could I have some more???

Also the ammo purchase laws penalise shooters financially aa we arent able to buy a stock in tmes of largess or if theres a good deal.

One thing though - Does anyone know why restrictions on the channel islands never went into action? IIRC you can still own handguns on the Isle of Man, Jersey etc. I understand they're isolated obviously but I didn't expect them to be separate judicially.

No idea if this got answered, but having lived in Guernsey and now on the Isle of Man, it never came in is because Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man are not part of the United Kingdom (although they are part of the British Isles) and all have their own legal and parliamentary systems (in fact the Isle of Man's is the oldest democracy (in terms of uninterrupted democratic rule). So no laws that the UK brings it force has any effect here.

Generally the islands copy the UK's laws with tweaks here and there to suit small island demographics, but that's not always the case. For example, we don't have any VCRA rubbish to deal with.

And as for why they haven't been banned here. Simply put there isn't a gun violence, or really violence at all, problem so there is no need to legislate for an issue that doesn't exist. There are obviously gun control laws requiring certification etc so you can't just walk in, pick up a pistol and walk off again.

No idea if this got answered, but having lived in Guernsey and now on the Isle of Man, it never came in is because Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man are not part of the United Kingdom (although they are part of the British Isles) and all have their own legal and parliamentary systems (in fact the Isle of Man's is the oldest democracy (in terms of uninterrupted democratic rule). So no laws that the UK brings it force has any effect here.

Generally the islands copy the UK's laws with tweaks here and there to suit small island demographics, but that's not always the case. For example, we don't have any VCRA rubbish to deal with.

And as for why they haven't been banned here. Simply put there isn't a gun violence, or really violence at all, problem so there is no need to legislate for an issue that doesn't exist. There are obviously gun control laws requiring certification etc so you can't just walk in, pick up a pistol and walk off again.

That's very interesting, thanks for the post :) I didn't appreciate they're completely separate from the UK. 

Archived