ICS MS-10 Tactical Vest

Foden_357

Hi there,

Dose anybody have any experience with the 'ICS MS-10 Tactical Vest'? Does it use MOLLE or ALICE pouches? Does ICS distribute pouches to match? Is is adequately adjustable for both height & width?

ics-ms10.jpg

I only ask as I'm on the hunt for a non-specific tactical vest onto which I can mount non-MOLLE pouches to fit a variety of magazines specific to a number of alternative weapon systems (things that aren't your conventional AR-15 or MP5: such as the AUG, G36, & SIG 552). 

Any input on the matter would be greatly appreciated!

With thanks,

Josh

It looks pretty if I'm honest. Unless your playing FIBUA/CQB where you may only need minimal kit, such as a small number of mags and frags- I can't see how you'd be able to mount what you what, where you want it. Perhaps with a subload too?

This is based on a very old design of vest which phased out long ago.

I'm sure the quality will be good enough for airsoft though. I had an ICS MP5 sling which was great.

Well, as I currently run a USGI M88 LBV (see below) I'm somewhat used to the older loadouts.

0094a__lg.jpg

While they don't use that many integrated pouches, they're meant to by supplemented with an ALICE pistol belt & appropriate accessories. I can see similar belt loops on the ICS vest for similar belt integration; however, I'm unsure how to mount pouches to the vest itself (thinking that traditional ALICE pouches are more capacious & have more room for more awkwardly shaped magazines).

Please don't try & convince me to go MOLLE, I really don't care for it...

Does anybody have any actual experience with the ICS MS-10 Tactical Vest?

You don't have to taste a turd to know it's a turd ;)

It's already been mentioned that it is in an outdated design and there are better options.

And

Please don't try & convince me to go MOLLE, I really don't care for it...

Any particular reason or is it just a hipster thing?

Any particular reason or is it just a hipster thing?

It's hardly a 'hipster' thing; I already have a genuine USGI OTV plate carrier & FLC tactical vest (both in US Woodland, naturally) to meet all my MOLLE needs, in my opinion nothing beats the real deal. 

However; I have recently acquired a taste for more contemporary loadouts (neither modern nor old-school), & I am very fond of ALICE webbing systems. But all of these set-ups are very US-centric, & I have a fondness for European weapons (such as the G36, AUG, & SIG 552); but I'd rather avoid purchasing different load carrying systems for each rifle.

The ICS MS-10 Tactical Vest is my attempt at finding a modular, contemporary load carrying vest that isn't US-centric!

If you say the vest above is , how do you guys carry your (between 6 & 8) non-STANAG magazines?

I would carry my magazines on my contemporary DCS plate carrier. Given a standard Velcro closing m4 mag pouch will hold just about any mag- I'd have 3 across the front, 1 or 2 in the gun and the rest on a subload. either a dropleg or a belt

That's pretty much how I run my kit anyway.

6-8 mags certainly is an awful lot. You using low caps?

you know contemporary means the same as modern right?  you seem to be thinking 90s.

There's always the Dutch ALICE kit, their LBV style vest had ALICE webbing instead of fixed pouches, but it is DPM so that might be a deal breaker.

Touché! How about pseudo-contemporary, does that make sense? Do you have any links for this Dutch ALICE kit?

6-8 mags certainly is an awful lot. You using low caps?

Mid-Caps, naturally! They're traditionally between 90 & 130 in terms of capacity, I carry mid-caps as I cannot stand high-caps & I don't have the load carrying capacity or a consistent / long-ranged / accurate primary weapon for the use of low-caps. 

The chest rig below caught my eye as a potential solution to my dilemma. Using this as a base, I can supplement it with an ALICE belt kit as a sub-load as per your recommendation: 

Begadi-G36-Ammo-Chest-Rig-Olive_3HRTI.jp

Unfortunately; this appears to be out-of-stock, but can you guys think of something similar?

Ooh, an M83 South African Assault Vest - now there's a good idea, I could even go for the chest rig alternative! Now if I can find a real one rather than a replica, that'd be ideal...

As we're going down the route of '90s webbing systems, the EPHOD is also a possibility (though a pretty expensive one), as well as the SEALS floating harness. My only issue with these fixed config webbing systems is that I'm quite skinny, & I'm concerned that they wont fit my slender frame. This is why - thus far - I've opted for US equipment as they're generally more adjustable or come in a multitude of sizes... 

I suppose I could supplement it with a PT armour carrier; but that increases the weight / drag of the loadout, & I prefer a more light-weight configuration!? 

well that was a hard google.

I would rather not assume I've searched for the correct item, but have it confirmed by the describing party instead... 

Any more ideas on the chest rig front?

Archived