Allwin Marpat kit - Any good?

Pistol_Dude

I was looking at some of the replica Marpat kit on Royal Tiger and Dragon Red. From the photos shown it looks pretty good, and I like the fact that it's US sizes, but I've no idea what it's really like.

http://www.royaltigergear.com/product_info.php?cPath=23_61&products_id=1043

http://dragonredairsoft.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=221&osCsid=abgep7obhkjvteh5hpm5vjh966

Has anyone here got any of the Allwin Marpat replica kit?  I'm especially interested in the raingear on Royal Tiger, but the BDU is also of interest.

Any opinions, or comments on the quality, durability etc. ?

Cheers

P_D

I can't tell you anything about the MARPAT pattern itself- Ie colouring ect.

But the US M81 is very good. The quality seems rather good in comparison to TMC and Elite- but clearly not Crye.

The sizing is pretty much just like any normal US BDU clothing. I'm normally a medium and these are a nice fit.

Hope this helps.

Allwins quality seems to be of a relatively high standard, and definitely good enough for use by airsofters.

The pattern on the uniform from DragonRed looks quite off. It's too vibrant and to me it looks like there's a bit too much Coyote Brown. I'm also surprised on how expensive the set is.

It could very well be that way. I find that it's often the case that the pictures bring out the colors in a more vibrant way than it realistically is.

All in all, I would recommend the Allwin over the TMC as well. But keep in mind that I've only bought those products several years ago so the quality of either could have changed for the better or for the worse.

Can't tell you much about the Marpat, but I have and use Allwin AOR2. The quality,as for the replica, is decent, decent enough to use it for airsofting without fear of ripping and tearing things during crouching or going prone. The sizing is european/us friendly not the usual undersize typical to TMC/Emerson stuff. The coloration is a bit vibrant comparing to my genuine EI AOR2 pouches, but that will reduce with time (or during washing), one of my friends got the multicam version and it is also a bit vibrant, so that seems to be typical. Anzwazs Allwin is way ahead of TMC/Emmerson in my personal opinion.

Archived