Emerson Surefire X300U Weaponlight: Quick Review

Yeah, I ended up replacing the switch with the Firekylin one on the first day mine arrived.

Another gripe I have is that it's waaaay too easy to switch into strobe mode. I mean, 5 second interval needed to make sure it doesn't strobe is like what the *fruitcage*?

The replica is superb looking, I love the brightness and the light it throws, but if you can afford the extra bucks I'd recommend going for the real steel.

Either that, or go for TLR-1 which is another great professional light that's cheaper than X300.

Edited by mh78
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Got mine today, pretty good - very nicely made and bloody bright, but it doesn't fit on either my M9A1 or my P226! So know I have to decide whether to file the torch or the guns.

Edit: False alarm, it comes with a bunch of other mounting options, I'll be able to modify one of them to fit.

Edited by Stuey
  • 2 weeks later...

The box isn't _that_ bad. The hinges and latches a re abit so-so quality but there is regular foam inside that keeps the light secure and the outer shell is nice and sturdy and with a lanyard loop as well. I thought it was a nice feature as well.

• 1 month later...

^Yea, I don't use the box to store anything except my camera batteries/CR123A's lol.

Anyways I should've put pictures up much earlier (I forgot sorry), so here goes - there are two small things you can do to improve the reliability of the switches.

1. Sand down the floating metal pieces on the underside where it contacts the metal parts of the PCB. This will prevent erratic circuit completion due to rust/tarnish.

IMG_0810-1.jpg

2. Take some solder, and cut about 0.5mm-length bits and place them on top of these two parts.

IMG_0812-1.jpg

These plastic nubs are the actual moving part of the switch that will push the floating metal pieces against the PCB. The solder pieces are meant to decrease the distance of travel - that way, no matter what, the switch will activate with full power. Be careful putting back together the rubber buffer piece and the actual switch - you don't want the solder nubs falling off before screwing the switch back on.

IMG_0813-1.jpg

Hope this helps :)

• Like 4
  • 2 months later...

http://www.ebairsoft.com/nightevolution-x300u-black-ne01008bk-p-8240.html

It seems NightEvo has put out their own version, which looks extremely similar to the Emerson one. Might get it to try it out.

The NE one is Element OEM.  Their (Element's) FB page had pics of the 3D printed prototypes along with the lamp heads in boxes prior to assembly; and this was after the Emerson one was out for a number of months.  I would think they likely points towards a different design compared to Emerson's.