Airsoft in the Daily Fail

FireKnife

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2548785/Handyman-firing-3-000-rounds-minute-machine-gun-unlikely-star-YouTube-20million-hits.html

Suprised this hasn't been posted up already but I am somewhat suprised also that it isn't a proper *suitcase* slinging fest from the DM here.

Just whatever you do don't read the comments, now those are typical of the Daily Mail average reader :P.

Is it me or is anyone else worried that that they are being well nice. It is Britians most arrogant and far-right paper that sells in newstands.

'FireKnife'

I honestly cannot click on that link. I try to avoid the daily mail at all costs (these days). Is it wrong, that I fear for my safety, when I see a 'normal' looking citizen, siting on a train reading the daily mail?

To be honest I would rather sit next to a tramp staring at a copy of Guns and Ammo with hungry eyes than any member of the Daily Mail readership.

'FireKnife'

I think that might have just been your reflection in the window :P

Wait tramp is another way of saying 'sex pest'? :P

Though I can't say anything about the Guns and Ammo one, I did sit and read a copy of the 1911 commemorative special on a train once as it was the only remotely interesting reading material in the WH Smiths.

Oddly barely anyone noticed or cared bar the typical over-paranoid mother that thought I was going to eat here children for lunch but you always get them :P.

'FireKnife'

I read Recoil magazine (iPad version) on the London Underground, during rush hour on a frequent basis.

Some folks try and get a sneak peek and I think for the UK populace, a lot more people are interested in firearms than they are likely to admit due to societies perception of

GUN NUTS ARE EVIL

They are eyeing up your ipad and working out that they could do a lot better for a lot cheaper.

I think that would be more accurate. :P

It's known as 'Shanking' down here, not stabbing. :P

I thought that was a jail nomenclature? Or is London just one big prison?

'FireKnife'

A-ha, as shmook says I am not used to such a term being used, as my clearly middle-upper class accent will justify.

I would comment on the local accent but first I would have to understand it to do such so it is no different around here ;).

Speaking of London:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHBsvbkkxEM

I would use the other clip I had in mind but it has some very 12A unfriendly language.

'FireKnife'

I accidentally scrolled down too far and read some of the comments. It's genuinely confusing when there's people out there who think of us like they would think of a child rapist or murderer. Mind you, I think they're all uneducated, frothing at the mouth *Ubarflock* so alls fair in love and war I guess. :P

airsoft and the rest of my life very different things. I know its harmless (obviously) but wouldn't want a pic of me in tac gear up on facebook - dunno how people will take it

and also to be fair its not just the daily mail with obnoxious comments - its literally every website with comments

Fixed  :P

Ha!

If that's civilised - avoiding eye contact as though it will give you AIDS, walking past someone getting a kicking in the street, 3 hours to drive a mile in traffic, and people ripping you off for, well, everything - I'm glad I'm out of it!

Ha!

If that's civilised - avoiding eye contact as though it will give you AIDS, walking past someone getting a kicking in the street, 3 hours to drive a mile in traffic, and people ripping you off for, well, everything - I'm glad I'm out of it!

Sorry for going off topic but what you just described is not the behaviour of a real Londoner like myself, born and bred.

What you are describing are mostly the denizens from other counties who settle in London for work and hear this great myth that London is miserable and thus you must portray this misery and utter unfriendlyness so you too can fit in.

EDIT: I agree, traffic is poo and prices are high but then salaries are generally higher so, meh.

Sorry for going off topic but what you just described is not the behaviour of a real Londoner like myself, born and bred.

What you are describing are mostly the denizens from other counties who settle in London for work and hear this great myth that London is miserable and thus you must portray this misery and utter unfriendlyness so you too can fit in.

EDIT: I agree, traffic is poo and prices are high but then salaries are generally higher so, meh.

A lot of the time, I have the "please don't talk to me" attitude and I'm not in London.

Doesn't stop people though.

How is it, in this day and age, people still don't recognize that "headphones on and a hurried pace" means "I've got *suitcase* I'm getting on with"

Archived