Airsoft in the Daily Fail

FireKnife

"The video shows an airsoft battle - a growing sport in which participants run around woodland dressed in camouflage shooting each other with plastic pellets from military-style guns."

So I guess that means I haven't really been playing airsoft all this time.

No, you have been playing flargbick-kepplerhun. It is clearly a similar event but takes place indoors, requires you to dress at least one decade (or century in some cases) out from the actually time period.

'FireKnife'

So what's it called when you dress like a character from a 1990's scifi film?

Cosplay with guns?

Though if this years MA occurs on a very hot day I might have to do my Miami Vice loadout, mostly as it would be cool in the temperature sense.

'FireKnife'

Sorry for going off topic but what you just described is not the behaviour of a real Londoner like myself, born and bred.

What you are describing are mostly the denizens from other counties who settle in London for work and hear this great myth that London is miserable and thus you must portray this misery and utter unfriendlyness so you too can fit in.

EDIT: I agree, traffic is poo and prices are high but then salaries are generally higher so, meh.

Yar, only seen it as an outsider, and realise not everyone is like that. Wasn't a personal dig at you :)

Still, my Jurassic Park loadout is epic.

SHOOOOT HERRRRR!

What backlash could their possibly be? A few gobshites on the daily mail article comments is hardly going to see us all relieved of our hobby by the government. Nothing from the daily mail website ever happens, no matter how much e-rage there may be.

I don't quite know but given that sadly the Daily Mail has a bit more pull than people give it credit for you never know.

It only takes one persons e-rage to spill over into something else and we all have to listen to it.

But the likelyhood of anything happening is minimal but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

'FireKnife'

Yar, only seen it as an outsider, and realise not everyone is like that. Wasn't a personal dig at you :)

Yeah, I knew this was just interwebz banter like my comments on civilisation outside of the M25  :D

Back on topic, the whole issue of getting Airsoft into mainstream media was always divided into the definitive yay'ers and the nay'ers.

I never fully understood why the nay's wanted to keep Airsoft almost clandestine like.

I have no idea what 'LARP' is. Dungeon and Dragons but without he dungeon master?

Daily Mail is a newspaper for people to vent their frustrations, because their own life is hollow (or they feel powerless/scared). As most people who do read it, that I have spoken to, are the same as people who read other papers (they believe what they read). If it's in a paper, it must be true. I seriously cannot buy a paper anymore as it winds me up.

Edit:- for clarification. I mean when it comes to stories of sensationalism. You know the type. Madeline. McCanns mother didn't cry, she must be a *badgeress* etc etc. just because a woman doesn't cry, doesn't mean she's not torn up inside. That's just an example, not my personnal view. Newspapers always try to turn truth into glossy fiction.

I don't quite know but given that sadly the Daily Mail has a bit more pull than people give it credit for you never know.

It only takes one persons e-rage to spill over into something else and we all have to listen to it.

But the likelyhood of anything happening is minimal but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

'FireKnife'

I'm with Azubi - this isn't a big deal whatsoever. Cross that bridge when you come to it and all that.

My sentiments exactly . Did manage to get a positive post up on it before they closed it though . Maybe its the lull before the storm .

Some people's comments were unbeleivable , especially the ones from the pro environmentalist hairy lipped subscribers

Environmentalist complaining about our forests and land being contaminated with plastic balls and left for future generations , damage to wildlife by ingestion was the bulk of the comments. , plus the usual , its gun so bad.

To mention but a few comments .

I'm sure I remember someone on there claiming the old chestnut that our rifs can be easily converted to fire live rounds

Often I find that comment comes from the nutters that all want us to have full auto ARs to defend against illegal immagrants just as much as it does from the 'speaking as a mother' types. But then one is doing it to sound acceptable when they are clearly wrong, the other as they are bat-*suitcase* insane. I will let you all judge which is which ;).

Speaking of that and other comments this one from Bill Bailey sums much of it up for me:

''There’s this one celebrity, Rosie O’Donnell, a talk show host, and she said this: “I don’t know anything about Afghanistan, but I know it’s full of terrorists, speaking as a mother.” So what is this "speaking as a mother" then? Is that a euphemism for "talking out of my *albartroth*"? "Suspending rational thought for a moment"? As a rational human being, Al-Qaeda are a loose association of psychopathic zealots who could be rounded up with a sustained police investigation. But speaking as a parent, they’re all eight foot tall, they’ve got lasers under their moustaches, a huge eye in their foreheads and the only way to kill them is to NUKE every country that hasn’t sent us a Christmas card in the the last 20 years!! "Speaking as a mother".''

'FireKnife'

Archived