Pistol + torch holster options

Stuey

So I've got a P226 and quite fancy one of the X300 clone lights on it, only problem is I love my SERPA holster and with a torch on the pistol obviously won't fit in it. What are my options for a similar kind of holster but that can accommodate a torch? Really not that well versed in holsters.

Kydex, Kdyex and more Kydex. Since I made my own I've never bought another holster. Cheap, easy to make, never fails and customisable.

If you don't fancy making one yourself then there are a few companies that make them either custom to order or stock ones that fit a varitey like yours above! :D

My first OTG (ADR MkIII) arrived just yesterday, really nice holster and I think OTG probably offer the widest range of customisation options of any kydex holster manufacturer I've seen; particularly when you include the fact they can mould to certain specific airsoft pistols like the TM Glock.  Unfortunately once you add shipping, VAT and the ever pleasant 'handling fee' BS from the courier, it's gonna be a fair bit over £60.

I know there are at least 2-3 small businesses in the UK doing custom kydex work that could do you a gun+light combo rig for well under £50, they're usually found via facebook.  Chances are for a 226 and X300 you wouldn't even have to send your setup in for moulding.  I'm rather annoyed at myself for not knowing any of the names however, none of them offered RTi compatibility so I've not used any of them myself.  Hopefully someone will come along who knows, facebook is a shockingly poorly designed website when it comes to actually finding groups/pages if you don't know their exact name already.

I've been looking at the Safariland 6360 for my E2 with Stream light TLR-1S. But it's $115, before shipping. It locks the pistol in place.

I tried my pistol with a similar Bladetech holster today, but it wouldn't lock in place, due to the style of light.

I'd suggest OffTheGrid Concepts, but their MkIII holsters are around $100.

With OTG, you definitely get what you pay for. Plus, they have some Airsoft guns on hand and can mold exactly to your pistol. Otherwise, I'd study how people mold kydex and try it yourself.

Personally I use a Safariland 6280 for my TM Glock 17 and King Arms M3, and apart from having to heat up the kydex to accomodate the KA M3 (the dimensions are slightly larger than on the real-steel light), it hasn't let me down. It's a snug fit, and I had to remove the kydex 'cup' at the bottom of the holster that the light housing sits in but it's a solid holster. The rotating retention hood locks in place securely so you don't worry about your gun going anywhere (as long as you remember to manually lock it in place, that is), and it comes with 2 different belt loop mounting plates and 4 mounting screw spacers so you can choose how far down and out the holster will sit, depending on your draw. Perhaps not as high-speed as stuff from OTG or G-Code, but still quite versatile and reliable.

Plus, Safariland kit is legendary for ruggedness and build quality, but for some set-ups like the 6004 (dropleg version), you're looking at close to or over £100 depending on colour and gun/light combination. I paid £35-40 new for my 6280 from Drop Zone Supplies on eBay.

• 6 months later...

Gonna drag this back up because I have the same question again, but this time for my Marui M9A1. I finally got a clone X300U, you guys have given some good options for me to explore with my P226, I want to know if there are as good choices for the M9A1.

Archived