That one gun from Wanted that nobody named yet

Horsem4n

So i decided to watch Wanted again. im bored. and you know how you always seem to notice details you haven't seen before even if you watch a movie several times? well i noticed a gun that i do not recognize.

at the beginning of the movie, the gun that the 4th henchman (the 4th to die anyway) holds appears to be some type of Gigant (that WA 2011 Gigant thing) style pistol carbine. you know, the type of thing with a long barreled pistol with a RIS and a very long beaver tail, but no stock? but instead of a 2011, it looks to be based on an HK. it oddly also appears to have a forward charging handle on the right side.

the 2nd pic is of the whole top and the 1st pic clearly shows an HKesqu slide, rear sight and chamber.

as you can see, i am looking for information, but my google fu is currently coming up dry. even the IMFDB.org page for wanted has no info of it, but i dont blame them as the weapon continuity errors of this film are numorous. ill keep looking, but thought id call on some help.

i only have a theatrical release of the movie, so an extended version (that i believe exists) may have more information on it.

i possibly want to build one...

post-26263-0-05176200-1391422259_thumb.jpg

post-26263-0-51383700-1391422270_thumb.jpg

It is two hours of stuff that makes no sense but still goes boom. What more could you want :P.

But yeah bar the action it is pretty awful.

As for the gun I am not sure. It does look a bit 2011 to me, more so than a H&K design but then considering all the other random stuff they added in for the firearms in that film it could just be a badly mocked up prop.

Also on IMFDB.org you do have to take some of the guns posted with a double glance. Take this for example: http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/The_Expendables_2#SIG-Sauer_P229_E2, that is not a P229, it is a SP2022, the magazine catch gives it away along with the tighter to the frame decocker and safety. ;)

'FireKnife'

Hmm, Wanted is something Dynamic Pie Concepts could do a parody of.. CURVE THE BULLET NOW

Get airsoft gun, put hop on to max, turn it so you are aiming 'gansta'. Voila, instant bullet curve without all the fancy pants ballet stuff. :D

'FireKnife'

Get airsoft gun, put hop on to max, turn it so you are aiming 'gansta'. Voila, instant bullet curve without all the fancy pants ballet stuff. :D

'FireKnife'

You don't even need to turn the hop up. I've watched it done. The target took a few shots before he registered they where actual hits.

You do when you are so bored watching a player not take hits that you and a marshal keep adjusting a pistol to get the shots to curve.

Just to see if he would take the hits :P.

Still there is some decent enough gun pron in Wanted. I would like to see how a Jehrico 941FB Compact would fit my hand :).

'FireKnife'

• 2 weeks later...

'FireKnife'

My brother does that with his SR15. He's got canted iron sights on it, and if someone is hiding behind a tree, he'll just use the irons and they curve beautifully in to catch them. He must have gotten a dozen kills in the last skirmish doing this.

You do when you are so bored watching a player not take hits that you and a marshal keep adjusting a pistol to get the shots to curve.

Just to see if he would take the hits :P.

Still there is some decent enough gun pron in Wanted. I would like to see how a Jehrico 941FB Compact would fit my hand :).

'FireKnife'

Just like any other CZ75 Compact.

what is this about "fit"? can you pull the trigger? can you change a mag? then it fits!! pistol not a brassiere!!

Try holding a SOCOM or a Desert Eagle with tiny hands, or a Deringer with meat shovels for hands:)

Don't think it's a gigant btw, the ejection ports the wrong shape. It looks a lot like a Sig one.

Archived