Glock have done it again....

Rob15

Here is a fun new one from Glock, this time targetting me through eBay's VeRO program.

Hello leesprecisionengineering,

After reviewing your eBay account, it appears that you have violated eBay's Trademark Violation - Unauthorized Listing Content policy. As a result, we've taken the following action on your account:
- Listings have been removed. A list of items that were removed can be viewed at the bottom of this message.
- We have credited any associated fees to your account.

Your listing was removed after receiving a report from the rights owner that your listing used their trademark without their permission. We urge you to contact the rights owner directly for more information on why they requested the removal of your listing and whether you can relist the item.

For more information on our VeRO program, please visit::
http://pages.ebay.co.uk/vero/infoforusers.html 

Please be sure your current and future listings follow these guidelines, keeping in mind that additional violations of this policy could result in the suspension of your account.

We encourage you to contact Glock, Inc. directly if you have any questions.

Here are the listings that were removed:
140695001263 - Airsoft Laser Cut Mag Shim - KSC/KWA Glock Series

We appreciate your cooperation.

Thanks,

eBay

So it seems Glock see aftermarket parts for replicas as infringing on their trademarks even though it's not a replica of a product they make nor does it use their trademarks at all, mental.

I always thought this was odd since there are plenty of aftermarket products sold for the RS Glock that clearly specify Glock. The fact that your items are non-infringing replica based products (non-infringing since they it doesn't bare the Glock logo and doesn't replicate the likeness of Glock components) ... very grey area indeed.

As others have stated just go with G-Series when this kind of thing comes up.

At no point will one of us say "well I can't buy a toy Glock, so I'll go buy a real one instead" so I honestly can't see why they have their panties in a bunch over it.

It's not like airsoft is stealing their custom.

Problem is it is an automatic system that reports copyright infringements. Ebay uses a similar automatic system. So at no point was there a person reviewing your ban.Same problem all over the internet. With examples of web TV channels getting taken down by there own bots. Struggling to undo it again.

if you go to there Vero page and klick the FAQ called

There at the bottom there is a sellers appeal form:

Seller Appeal webform

• Do you understand the rights owner’s claim, understand eBay’s policies, and still believe that the rights owner made a mistake in reporting your listing? If so, please contact us.

Use that one to overturn Glock's faulty claim.

I'd tell them to get *fruitcage*ed and just re-list explaining to them it breaks no trademark law.  Utter nonsense.  It's an accessory. Do Glock need to approve every holster manufacture that makes a holster fit for a Glock? no.

What if your name is Glock (like the driver), will they take he/she to court and force them to change their name? But I bet it's just if it's similar to their product. Still mad though.

Trademarks are context based in the US and Europe, not that it does not stop the like of Apple from throwing their legal department weight around as well ...

Archived