Ghost In The Shell Arise Airsoft gun by Laylax

uscmCorps

I totally love Masamune Shirow (older) works and the GitS franchise, but despite the cool futuristic looks of these guns, once I started playing airsoft and handled replicas I realized how inferior they are to real life designs in several ways.

If you think about it, the Seburo rifles have terrible fixed short stocks with angled grips that break wrists, curved magazines that are slower for reloads and difficult to carry in pouches, difficult to access internals in case of jamming... Despite the similarity to P90/F2000s, maybe only the MN23 seems workable.

On the other hand, the M22 from the movie looks more realistic but a bit old fashioned, like a one of those 80's bullpups. Seems to be made of steel like a L85 and heavy. Iron sights only, or maybe some kind of interface with the VR visor used by the Major.

Anyways, I would love a full metal airsoft M22 with the briefcase and all the accesories, and compatible with M4 mags.

Seems to be made of steel like a L85 and heavy. Iron sights only, or maybe some kind of interface with the VR visor used by the Major.

Specs only list it as 2.5kg empty so I'm inclined to think it's made of some high tech polymer. If stamped steel, that much bulk would make it at least as heavy as 1 1/2 Uzis. On sights, they're all practically cyborgs so it doesn't really matter. It has bayonet type lugs on top though which I assume is for putting on some kind of rail adapter or specialized optics and the original artists illustrations had an integral laser just below the front sight which wasn't put into animation. 

Archived