Platatac Kryptek Mandrake Combat Shirt and Pants

PantsPlatatac_zps13239d5a.jpg

About Platatac:
“Platypus Outdoors Group is as unique as the animal we derive our name from. From humble beginnings with an ambitious vision, we have grown from a simple outdoors and militaria store to an international distributor of over 40 worldwide brand names with a combined product list in the thousands. We offer a great range of products and capabilities in support of the soldiers and law enforcement personnel that stand on the battlements looking over us whilst we are safe in our homes. Thanks to you guys; we simply would not exist without your support.
We have dedicated teams in sales, design, development, accounts and production that ensure high quality and world class tactical nylon, ECW and flame retardant products are available to our clients. Through our Platatac brand, our teams design, innovate and create the best gear imaginable (at the best price) to meet the needs of operators of all types. Our Melbourne factory employs the finest machinists and designers that converse directly with our end users to augment and develop ideas with the vision of continued improvement in performance and quality.
With our other brands we represent from the US, UK, Sweden, Israel, and our mates here in Australia, we have the most comprehensive product range of tactical nylon products that the industry has seen in our country.” – Directly from website.

Shipping time took 1 week. From the time of order to my front door, including the processing time through customs.

Tag_zps8ebbc8cb.jpg

Yes, this pattern is made from the Kryptek Mandrake Pattern. As far as I am aware, this is one of the only companies that makes a pant or shirt of this style with built in knee and elbow pads, or at least the option too. It is important to note that the company Vertx does make a pant with the Kryptek pattern, however, the shade and color is off due to their manufacturing process. Platatac is the correct design and pattern used directly from Kryptek.

PantsFront_zpsb1d2e5b5.jpg

PantsTag_zps98bad3af.jpg

Starting with the Pants:
The pants are extremely well built and are extremely similar to the Crye precision cut. Platatac’s sizing chart is in centimeters and they do run a little small. These pants are a XXL and I have a 42” waist. There is elastic around the knee pads (not included) and in the waist. One thing I found was weird was the amount of elastic around the knees.

Pantsfrontzipper_zpsb3865189.jpg

Instead of a button or snap closure, there is the use of Velcro, allowing a little bit more sizing adjustability. The pants do have a very good quality zipper.

PantsFrontHalf_zpsb1c062a9.jpg

On the front of the pants there are two small pockets that have Velcro closures as well as larger, deeper cargo pockets on the sides of the pants. The standard pants pockets are small and shallower than usual.

PantsFrontPacket_zps42c5e33e.jpg

Towards the ankle there is also another smaller pocket with a Velcro closure. The standard Velcro cuff at the bottom of the pants is also available for more adjustability.

PantsRear_zps93fcd7e4.jpg

PantsTopRear_zps42e7ef4f.jpg

On the rear of the pants. There is elastic around the waist. As well as between the legs and crotch. Causing your pants to less likely split in more dynamic positions. If you look at the waist on the rear of the pant there is Velcro to adjust the waist sizing.

PantsRearAdjustment_zps930863bf.jpg

Behind the knee pads there is Velcro adjustments

PantsElasticSeat_zps0a412b83.jpg

(Elastic in Crotch Area)

Overall, the stitching is great, great quality material that can stand up to a dynamic player. The pants to run a little small, but it’s very minor.

ShirtFront_zps3af4c300.jpg

ShirtTag_zps8f2a36d3.jpg

The Combat Shirt:

The body of the shirt is extremely stretch so it conforms to your body extremely well. This is a regular size shirt and I’m 6’2”. I can pull the bottom of the shirt all the way down to about half way on my thighs. SO if you’re extremely tall, a Regular size should fit you fine.
The zipper is the same of that’s on the pant.

ShirtShoulderPad_zps37ca6590.jpg

Another interesting point of the shirt. There is padding on the shoulders to help with comfort when wearing a plate carrier.

ShirtPocket_zps465e0b13.jpg

The pockets on the arms are full of Velcro. With a Velcro closure. On the side of the pocket is a zipper opening to another, but smaller compartment.

ShirtRear_zps71c53332.jpg

On the rear, the camo does not go far down the back, unlike the Truspec combat shirts, where the pattern goes almost a 1/3rd of the way down the back. Again the stitching is perfect and is done with the same quality in mind as the pants.

dfghnj_zps69a0ffb6.jpg

dagvb_zps041747a1.jpg

• 1 month later...