Cross Compatibility With Camelbak Components?

Tommygunn

I have a bladder from a Camelbak Thermopak 3L, one of THESE. However, what I would like to know is whether this bladder will fit and function in a Lobo pack, one of THESE.

I'm not concerned about a perfect design fit but as long as the basic function of it works then fine.

Opinions?

Tom.

Sure, I swap my Camelbak bladders around all the time.

One caveat. The funny blue fin thing on the Lobo bladder is meant to hook through a big hole in some bags so you can refill on the fly without pulling the bladder out or spilling water. Your other bladder doesn't have that feature.

Yeah, I'd noticed that the Lobo (Civvy) bladder is of a different design and dimension with what appears to be a larger filler cap with the fin thingy, which would appear to support the bladder and stop it collapsing on its self.

As you say my bladder does not have one and no doubt, if needed, I can probably fabricate a fin from some plasticard and place it over the filler mouth or use some cord to stop the bladder from falling down?

Tom.

I have mine as 43cm long by 18cm wide.

I don't put regular bladders in the carriear made around that bladder but I put it in older bags meant for the plain ones. Since the water seeks the lowest point it's not llike it moves around or collapes; going backeard works fine.

• 4 months later...

Just to update this, I bought the Lobo and my Milspec, 3L, Camelbak bladder fits just fine, albeit with the info tab at the top folded over.

To prevent any slump of the bladder I took a piece of paracord and a cordlock and simply made a loop that went via each tube exit, at the shoulders, and under water filler/cap. I also bought a piece of food grade tubing, didn't want to chop the original, and a Camelbak, civvi 90° bite valve. Quite frankly I don't know why they don't make the 90° valve as a military version as it is far more convenient.

Thank you, Danke.

Tom.

Archived