Need help on Scenarios for pistol shooting.

FireKnife

Good morning

Now normally my head is swimming with ideas but for once I have drawn a blank and so am after the helpful people of Arnies to see if they can't pitch in some ideas.

So here is the premise, I am sorting out a list of five Hollywood stages based on famous (and not so famous) pistol shooting scenes. However so far I only have 2 out of the 5 and am stuck for others.

But before anyone suggests a scene it must be only involving an antagonist or protagonist engaging targets and be something that is within the realms of realism, so could be done by a normal person as a stage or event. It can't be too elaborate as otherwise it would take too long to set up.

Finally do not suggest anything from the film Collateral, that is where the first stage came from :P.

So within those parameters of realism and being in a film production can anyone suggest anything I have easily missed?

'FireKnife'

How about the classic Deerhunter style escape scenario; i.e. sitting at a table (for safety's sake not doing the russian roulette bit though!) having five targets sat around the table or standing elsewhere in the room? 

If it doesn't need to be film based, here are some stages from a Danish IPSC airsoft club's website that I saw recently: http://xn--action-air-nordsjlland-s6b.dk/

In this case these specific events are film based. The other ideas I have for running regular shooting stages are easy to think of but this is just me trying something specific.

However the Deer Hunter idea might work, having to draw and fire from a table at four differently placed targets.

Really the film idea is just to tie it all together, I have been a bit liberal with some of them due to shots that wouldn't work all the time etc.

'FireKnife'

Spare xmas wrapping tape and a 92F = Die Hard

Draw from behind the head (duct tape holster, removed and retaped to the back of each shooter) and engage a target to the front with a 'don't shoot' partially blocking the target and a secondary henchman target to one side.

You get the option of trying to drop the hammer on the draw for single action shots, or a double action first shot and single follow up.

That is an idea but it would be with the persons own firearm to make it easier.

Could have a stand or the marshal holding the pistol mid-air to make it easier than taping it due to size, weight and potential damage to clothes etc.

Only thing is sadly, as with many of the ideas I come up with from films, it is only two targets and from a standing position. Can't really jazz it up though without chaging the idea.

Also have a third idea done but I am not that keen on it, may require testing.

'FireKnife'

Can't you get a dirty white vest to player to wear for the stage? :D

Easy enough to add to, after the first two targets, just add a move to behind cover (boxes, tables, etc), and add more 'goon' targets.  Doesn't have to be 100% screen accurate providing the 'key' section is easily identifiable and it's a challenging and fun stage. 

And you add printouts of characters face's to the target shapes...

Edit. End on a knock-down of Mr Guber on top of a skyscraper shaped/painted box

As much as I would like to say yes I can see it being a big no :P.

But as for the second bit I could but then I may as well just make it a regular stage with an irregular draw etc. It is just seeing if I can't make five almost screen straight stages (within limitations) for a 'Hollywood' event. I just have a feeling that I am missing something simple to add to the list here to make the full 5 and I am not sire what.

Though the character faces might actually help thinking about it.

EDIT: Speaking of Die Hard what about the elevator scene from DH:WAV? Put some close up targets in a diamond shape around the player and have them move to engage each one without being able to move their feet.

'FireKnife'

If you are going for 'Hollywood', then really, it's all about the set dressing and trying get a bit of imagination fired for the players at each stage, rather than the actual course of fire.

How many people will remember the exact sequence of shots compared to the location and key characters?  Try and get the general 'feel' of the scene (good briefing, a few props and well 'dressed' targets rather than the exact step-for-step detail).  You probably need a key 'prop' for each one, like the Deer Hunter table for instance and go from there.

Woodland or urban?

I meant scenarios, stages and events as in a IDPA style thing so it would be wherever the course is being played, indoors or outdoors :P.

I see what you mean but in this case it is just doing something a bit different than set dressing. I kind of gave myself this idea knowing it would be a challenge but still tried anyway.

Also to keep it light I was planning on reducing the amount of extra props too, this is more about the odd shooting situations tied in with a film scene than dressing up the set.

However the idea of dressing up the set and such is something I would plan to do for something else but for this it is more about the stages and film scenes.

'FireKnife'

Just throwing in some movies: the boondock saints, hitman, collateral, leon, wanted, matrix, ms and mr smith. Youll think of something...

Boondock Saints: Can only think of the bar and rope scene but one is hard to do due to shooting downwards and through clothing while the other would involve hanging upside down so not much there.

Hitman: Nothing there really, mostly as it is so silly and over the top. Bar the 'retrieve weapons and shoot down Russians in the hotel' bit maybe.

Collateral: Already used a scene from that so no.

Leon: Too elaborate and inventive to make much of a sequence out of sadly.

Wanted, Matrix, Mr and Mrs Smith: Too over the top so nothing in there really.

I have taken time on this and keep drawing up blanks. Even a film like Heat doesn't just have a straight pistol shootout to use.

But hey only have one left now, though I might take out one of the Seagal film ones :P.

'FireKnife'

I meant scenarios, stages and events as in a IDPA style thing so it would be wherever the course is being played, indoors or outdoors :P.

I see what you mean but in this case it is just doing something a bit different than set dressing. I kind of gave myself this idea knowing it would be a challenge but still tried anyway.

Also to keep it light I was planning on reducing the amount of extra props too, this is more about the odd shooting situations tied in with a film scene than dressing up the set.

However the idea of dressing up the set and such is something I would plan to do for something else but for this it is more about the stages and film scenes.

'FireKnife'

It's easier to do somethings indoors (corridors, blind corners, for instance) without extra work taping out a course between trees and such.

The trouble is, you want 'film stages' without the trappings of the film, or anything which gives the players a 'feel' of what you're trying to create.  Which just leaves a course of fire, which in film tends to be fairly anonymous and/or standard style stages once the frills are removed (shoot the bad guy, don't hit the hostage) or impossible due to Hollywood physics and the 'set piece' nature of most action scenes.

I'd like to see someone try and jump through a clingfilm window, btw....

A clingfilm window would be an idea :P.

But given that I could have everyone from fit young people to doddering old people I have to make the stages a bit of everything while not making them too hard.

I am going to do a set which are more over the top and serious but I think perhaps my idea is just trying to tie stuff together that doesn't really need that tying together etc.

Still I have made 4 stages, may as well make a 5th and leave this as a film inspired set up, the other stuff I can do in a different event :D.

Though I see what you mean by indoors, the only issue with that is finding a place to do it, even woodland is not easy. The reason I am sorting this out now though is that when I move back to where you get human beings I will have a larger group of people to pool from and maybe that means I could do more elaborate ideas etc. Damn pipe dreaming at work.

'FireKnife'

How about a zombie stage? Wait for the target to 're-animate' before shooting it (in the head), turn around and shoot x-number of zombies who are coming in through the door? 

Already ahead of you. Planned a seperate event (not a big event just using it as a name to string 'stages' together) being a 'zombie' setup with taking extra shots at targets that just keep on popping up and doing things like dragging 'survivor' props etc.

Though one of them will require me to build a car chassis or something out of wood to simulate it. :)

'FireKnife'

OK; I'll bite.

Man on Fire; kidnapping.

Silence of the Lambs; cellar hunt.

Taken, clearing the ship or the breakfast table.

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back; final shootout.

Damn, taken and Silence of the Lambs are good ones. Completely missed those two.

Haven't seen Man on Fire so will have to check that out.

Where's the event and is it public?

It will be public and will be run one day but first I have to move, sort out a place to do these events, pay for insurance / hire / whatever and then promote it so this is just the ground work first.

'FireKnife'

The Untouchables - Stairway scene.

Black Hawk Down - Gary Gordon and Randy Shughart's final stand. 

Terminator 2 - Could do a scenario where no kill-shots (center mass, throat or head) are allowed.

The Untouchables could be a good one but would need to find stairs or an incline to do it on.

BHD is too action heavy in that scene but I am trying to think of better last stand scene tie ins that would be better.

T2 wouldn't really work as there isn't so much a direct scene I can lift. I see what you mean about a no-shoot idea though.

'FireKnife'

Last Man Standing :D

but seriously

Appaloosa

There's a quick fightscene that might work for a stage.

Two targets at stnadard height, two targets high, over in 5 seconds.

Also a fight in Street kings, Keano as a rogue cop kicks in a door, shoots one guy, kicks in another door shoots second, follows one down a corridor and gets him and a forth.

How many targets are you looking at?

Last Man Standing :D

but seriously

Appaloosa

There's a quick fightscene that might work for a stage.

Two targets at stnadard height, two targets high, over in 5 seconds.

Also a fight in Street kings, Keano as a rogue cop kicks in a door, shoots one guy, kicks in another door shoots second, follows one down a corridor and gets him and a forth.

How many targets are you looking at?

Even with one of those 40rd TM 1911 magazines I still wouldn't have as many shots in my magazine to do the Last Man Standing ones :P.

Both the others seem like good ideas. Seeing as I haven't seen either film I will have to check out those scenes.

If you want to go a bit OTT, try Desperado.

The saloon shoot-out.

Start with only one target visible, the other ones pop up after the first one falls.

:)

Could be possible but not sure how people would react knowing they had to do twirls while shooting :P.

'FireKnife'

FK, youre making this hard for us, you know... Reenacting moviedcenes without a budget or stuntmen. 13 ghosts ( i think) horrorscene. Every man has a pistol. Only 1 mag ( in movie mag was welded into pistol). If theyre new to airsoft, easely scared it then it should provide an interesting show. Prepare them with some horror movies like blair witch

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Archived