Airsoft surgeon shells - disassembly?

Tinkerton

Hi folks. I've got some Airsoft surgeon scatter shells which I'm using for a project. They're nice enough, but lately they've started leaking.

It looks to be a fairly simple design, but for the life of me I can't work out how to strip them down. The fill valve appears to be connected to the firing pin/button, but it's not your normal screw in valve.

In all, there doesn't appear to be a way to remove the firing button OR the fill valve. I can't even work out how they got it in the main body in the first place.

Any ideas, folks?

It's easy:

First and obvious take out the plastic cilinder just pulling.

Second unscrew the back of the shell (the tapper area), it has an o-ring so you muy apply some force to unscrew it.

Once you do this, you it will separate in 4 parts: the aluminium back, the front aluminium cylinder, the spring and the brass firing pin and fill valve.

Now you can unscrew the fill valve from the firing pin, but unless your leak were from the fill valve inner o-ring, you wont need to do this.

If you still can't, let me know and I will make a picture.

No, tanaka ones don't open that way. To open them yo have to take out the brass cap from the green plastic body, Once the brass cap is out, the metal (pot pot pot metal...) silver gas containter will fall. With the gas container on the hand, you can unscrew the back and you are ready.

Tinkerton, what is your project about? I'm making my own buckshot shells but I'm still have to decide if I will use 15 or 17 mm barrel. My AS cartridges are the slugshot, they are 14 mm bore, what is the bore of yours?

Archived