Classic MMC L85a1 with full rig(almost)

ED-SKaR

It is with great reluctance that I am putting this gun up for sale.

I have spent a long time and a lot of money buying, importing,working on this gun, finding parts, and collecting the bits for the external rig.

I do not play as often as I used to and I do not see myself using this gun, so unfortunately that means I have to sell it on.

I will sell the gun as one set, or the entire gun and rig together, I will not sell the rig until the gun set is gone.

MMC SA80 (please read full post for condition, it is a classic airsoft after all)

Metal iron sights fitted

origonal MMC susat

9 magazines (yes, that's NINE magazines for a classic airsoft gun!)

Academy L85 case.

I will sell the gun, mags and both sets of sights for £300 COLLECTION ONLY! From Milton Keynes.

The rig includes:

"pub" sized CO2 bottle with connectors to fill the smaller bottle.

20oz paintball CO2 bottle. (enough for a full days play)

Palmers Pursuit airsoft regulator

enough pipes and connectors for several setups

Will sell the gun and rig for £450, again COLLECTION ONLY, from Milton Keynes.

Offers, partex, swaps and suggestions are all welcome, I will consider anything that is resonable though I reserve the right to refuse anything that isn't money in the listed quantity.

I don't know the FPS the gun shoots at, I have no access to a chrono, but I can pretty much say without doubt that it can't fire much more than 300fps

The rate of fire, however, can be rather high if you set the pressure to the maximum the guns overpressure valve will permit.

The maximum pressure that the gun can take is less than the minimum pressure the palmers regulator I have can go down to, so whenever the rig is connected the overpressure valve will vent constantly.

This is an easy fix, you just need a second mini-regulator with a fine adjustment that has a range of 0-100PSI and feed that from the palmers regulator set to ~100psi

A cowboy airsoftsmith has cut a slot into the overpressure valve so that it can be removed, unfortunately when blocked the mech overpressures, jams and will not fire.

There are NO LEAKS anywhere in the gun or the external gas rig, the only venting is from the overpressure valve.

The trigger mechanism is a very old design and it shows, consisting of entirely plastic components, they don't always press the firing stud on the inner gas mech properly, particularly on semi auto.

Full auto generally works well.

The barrel is smoothbore, no LRB or hop. I have experimented with the breach rubber by padding it at the top so that it acts as a hop, it does increase range somewhat, but not as good as a proper LRB or a modern HOP would be.

The breach has a large plastic ring around it that could be replaced with a custom built part to hold a hop rubber and adjustment arm, I was drawing up some .aip files to make a hop unit but I simply don't have the time.

The gun itself is as creaky as you'd expect from a thirty something year old plastic bodied gun, but the outer barrel is a solid metal tube that runs from the inner gas mech all the way to the muzzle, that adds a lot to the structure of the gun. The "worst" creaking is from the front grip, and that can be solved with the correct application of brainpower, if it is an issue to whoever buys the gun.

The original MMC susat is included, it isn't really a useful sight as it only has a single pane of non magnification glass with the susats obelisk painted on it. In addition the rubber eye pad is missing.

This is why I fitted iron sights to the gun. They were sold to me as RS, but I doubt they are, probably STAR or GnG, or somewhere else. The iron sights are very good quality still and fit nice and tight.

The charging handle not origonal, I've replaced it with one from an Academy SA80.

If you buy the gun and not the rig, you'll need to know that the thread for the external gas rig is an M5.

8 of the magazines are standard, there appears to be no followers in the BB track, the end of the spring is coiled tightly to push on the bottom BB in the magazine.

The 9th magazine appears to have been modified, a screw is present, possibly to adjust the catch that holds the BBs in, and the magazine appears to have a folower on the spring.

all 9 feed perfectly

The case is from an Academy L85 and is old and tatty but I'm including that just to make it easier to carry/store.

The gun (and the case) origonal MMC susat in the top right compartment.

mmc1_zpsdfb44978.jpg

Magazines, Inset shows the difference between the normal magas and the modified mag

mmc2_zps94ba67d4.jpg

20oz bottle, palmers regulator and all the assorted air lines, connectors and things.

mmc3_zps30d0aa3d.jpg

and finally the larger (33kg) co2 bottle with the refill lines

mmc4_zps73a2425c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived