Trying to decide between a few guns, would like help

Argoms

If you are going for the ZOMG WTF effect, there is nothing like the well R4, i have played with a few guys who had these and they where pretty happy with theirs. Sure, the upgrades will be expensive, but that will only make them scratch their head harder... Kind of makes me wonder if you should just buy a TM mp7 and take a figurative dump all over the externals. But then again, if you are going for realism, you really need that orange MP7, nothing else will do.

Edit: Projects like those are the stuff legends are made of, kudos for the initiative!

I went with the MP5. Because the stock hop didn't work at all, I ended up having to implant an M4 hopup unit into it and will need to do a bunch of other stuff which unfortunately ruins the whole "cheap gun" look. Oh well, still a semi-functional AEG for only £60.  

Is it just me, or does this "project" seem like, well, an ego trip!! I mean, don't get me wrong it's your time and money, but it just seems pointless. So you buy a cheap gun, upgrade it and what?!?! Impress people? Personally I wouldn't be impressed....I'd see it as an upgraded cheap gun. Anyone can upgrade a gun, given time and focus the "skills" involved are easy to achieve, and as for the gun itself, well, again, not much of a world beater there either.

Maybe I'm missing the point, and if so, apologies in advance.

The point is buying a ridiculously cheap gun and seeing if it's decent, and then improving it either way. I needed a gun to use at a nearby site while my other gun was apart since they don't offer rentals anyway. People now know that a well MP5 is a much better idea than basically every other gun at £60.

Archived