Japanese translation?

Stuey

Hi everyone,

I've just found the instruction sheet for my Tanio Koba Twist barrel that I saved ages ago in the hope that I'd find someone who could read them...there's a lot of misinformation floating around about these barrels, I'm really curious as to what the actual info that comes with them says. Anyone who can read Japanese care to give us a general gist of what's being said?

20140223_214113.jpg

This is a very rough translation because A) my Japanese is really bad now and B. I don't really know what they're talking about (I don't know what a "Magnus Effect" and "gyro spin" is):

• When a hop-effected BB comes into contact with the rifling group in the inner barrel there is a "Magnus effect"...because of the Magnus effect, the spherical object has a "gyro-spin" that will cause "ryu-tai-gensho-koka" (sorry, don't know what this means) and the grouping of the BB's will significantly improve....this is the newly available Koba-Hop twist barrel.
  • Because of this principle, if the hop is adjusted too strong, the BB will begin to drift high-right. If the hop is too weak, there is not enough gyro effect and the BB will fall low.
  • In other words, twist barrel relies on both the Hop and the gyro effect to provide the best accuracy.

Someone might want to confirm...but I think that's the gist of it...I think.

Edit: ?????? reads ryu-tai-gensho-koka...in Google Translate says it means "fluid reducing effect".

This is a very rough translation because A) my Japanese is really bad now and B. I don't really know what they're talking about (I don't know what a "Magnus Effect" and "gyro spin" is):

• When a hop-effected BB comes into contact with the rifling group in the inner barrel there is a "Magnus effect"...because of the Magnus effect, the spherical object has a "gyro-spin" that will cause "ryu-tai-gensho-koka" (sorry, don't know what this means) and the grouping of the BB's will significantly improve....this is the newly available Koba-Hop twist barrel.
  • Because of this principle, if the hop is adjusted too strong, the BB will begin to drift high-right. If the hop is too weak, there is not enough gyro effect and the BB will fall low.
  • In other words, twist barrel relies on both the Hop and the gyro effect to provide the best accuracy.

Someone might want to confirm...but I think that's the gist of it...I think.

Edit: ?????? reads ryu-tai-gensho-koka...in Google Translate says it means "fluid reducing effect".

Not really "know" Japanese but as a Hong Konger ( knows Chinese thus automatically recognizes most Kanjis...... like a passive skill in video games ) and being quite influenced by Japanese culture I would say you have pretty much nailed the thing, nice job :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Sketch_of_Magnus_effect_with_streamlines_and_turbulent_wake.svg

" The Magnus effect is the commonly observed effect in which a spinning ball (or cylinder) curves away from its principal flight path. It is important in many ball sports. It affects spinning missiles, and has some engineering uses, for instance in the design of rotor ships and Flettner aeroplanes.

In terms of ball games, top spin is defined as spin about a horizontal axis perpendicular to the direction of travel, where the top surface of the ball is moving forward with the spin. Under the Magnus effect, top spin produces a downward swerve of a moving ball, greater than would be produced by gravity alone, and back spin has the opposite effect.[1] Likewise side-spin causes swerve to either side as seen during some baseball pitches.[2]

The overall behaviour is similar to that around an airfoil (see lift force) with a circulation which is generated by the mechanical rotation, rather than by airfoil action.[3]

It is named for Gustav Magnus, the German physicist who investigated it. The force on a rotating cylinder is known as Kutta-Joukowski lift,[4] after Martin Wilhelm Kutta and Nikolai Zhukovsky (or Joukowski) who first analyzed the effect.

. . . .

In airsoft, a system known as Hop-Up is used to create a backspin on a fired BB, which will greatly increase its range, using the Magnus effect in a similar manner as in golf."

courtesy wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnus_effect

FWIK, TK barrel efficacy is much debated ^_^

cheers!

Archived