Irons on a VSR G-Spec

FireKnife

Right so I thought this would be the best place for this simple (I hope) question.

I plan to do a VSR G-Spec that will be running under 350 (more like around 300-320) to keep it both consistent, quiet and above all without a MED.

Now the only thing I am having issue with is the irons that will both fit the rail and also (given the small rail) be able to work without blending with my eyes etc.

So what would you suggest and more importantly where would I get them?

I originally though of MP7 sights given the rail fitment, the option of dots or post and ring when up or down but I just can't find them for sale and I am not sure if they will work for what I have planned.

EDIT: Also have considered HK416 sights too but would they be too close to use?

So to all you bolt action users, what sights do you think would work and where is a good place to get them. Cost is not a major issue, but I would rather they are a part I can buy in the UK and will readily fit to a TM G-Spec rail. I am not after ones that fold so I can add a scope either but if they are close to the barrel (height over bore and all that) but I can still use them perfect.

'FireKnife'

I think you can pick up WELL MP7 sights off UNCompany and a couple other places. At least you could last year.

Failing that the KWA Pro Shop should be able to sort you out.

Kriss Vector sights may work as they are kind of like a mix of MP7s and HK16s :D

Well oddly it looks like I might be able to get a set of clone MBUS from ''Magpul'' which might work too. :P

Though KWA pro-shop is an idea. Trying to keep the sights tight to the gun or folding while also giving me a lower height over bore. While I am not a huge Magpul fan it looks like that might be an idea (que posts telling me that the clone ones are awful and will explode no doubt :D).

'FireKnife'

Because I wouldn't know where to start with 'making' them :P.

I am after basically a nice and simple fit on to the existing rail and that is about it really.

Folding would help to reduce snag as this is going to be more a jungle carbine kind of thing than a marksmans or (forgive me) ''sniper'' rifle so I plan on keeping the snag potential down.

'FireKnife'

MP7 flip ups or similar on the rails are wank to use.  Make a sight out of a bit of plasticard similar to a normal vsr and stick it on the barrel like the normal vsr ones are, then raise up one of the bolts in the rail for a rear sight post.  Alternatively a couple of dashes of white paint gives you an aiming mark or use the rifle for a bit and you soon won't need the sights.

Well I am going to need sights for at least rifle placement, I know at some ranges the rest is kind of 'up to me'.

Though it seems that I have a few options but really, as much as I would like some open sights, fashioning them myself isn't going to be great and I would rather a bought and bolt on option than something I have to make overall.

'FireKnife'

Just not really what I am looking for on the final design.

It just seems that for what I want irons on the rail would be better, as to whether they should be folding or not that depends how close they are etc.

'FireKnife'

Again too much work :P.

This is meant more as a simple fit idea.

However as for being limited to pistol sight radius length I can live with that. Seeing as how I manage to hit people using the little sights on a Series70 then on the VSR all should be good.

Though first I do have to actually buy a G-Spec (which means sorting a defence when I move seeing as their is no option for a 'proper' defence as shops call it round here <_<)

'FireKnife'

tbh I think that for a gun running at 350fps max the small distance between the two sights will be fine. If you wanted to put something further foward I wonder if you could find a scope ring with a rail on top (as they do for rds) etc that had the same internal diamter as the gspec barrel?

And if you wanted to explore the route of an rds an aimpoint t1 replica or a doctor style sight would still be low profile enough to suit your needs. I kinda want to do something simiar with an m1 carbine now... thanks

Airgun sights.

It wouldn't take much to butcher a cheap Crosman fibre optic or blade sight to fit on a G-spec can.  (glue and pin, no recoil issues to deal with)

Rear sight can be any 20mm rail fit MBUS type unit,  or if you have a  broken red dot sight, can the base unit (clamp unit) have an air rifle sight attached,  again something like a Crosman Discovery rear sight,  while not tacticool it can be functional and cheap.

Again too much work :P.

This is meant more as a simple fit idea.

However as for being limited to pistol sight radius length I can live with that. Seeing as how I manage to hit people using the little sights on a Series70 then on the VSR all should be good.

Though first I do have to actually buy a G-Spec (which means sorting a defence when I move seeing as their is no option for a 'proper' defence as shops call it round here <_<)

'FireKnife'

I was actually thinking of the COTS versions made for M700s. A couple of different companies made them, if I recall correctly.

-Piano

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=KA-SMB-16&search=searchItem&rs=vsr&catid=&cat=&view_choice=a

+

Sights of your choice

Of yeah, I typed the above and I think I'm ridiculous, it's very pricey, Y not just go for reflex sights on original rail?

BTW, I slapped a Docter sight on my spare-parts-built APS-2 and tried some plinking, it's kinda fun

Here's my g-spec with MP7 sights

DSC_0214_zpsg383n272.jpg

DSC_0216_zpswoblyfc0.jpg

Personally I'd just go with a red dot. I've used one in the past with a TM Gspec running at the fps you're after and it worked pretty well. You should also play urban/cqb with that set up. The look on people's faces when you run around a corner to clear a room with a bolt action is priceless.

See MP7 or similar still looks better to me.

I can see why people are saying red-dot but with the way I plan to use this irons would be more pratical and less likely to snag and catch.

Saying that this is all an idea for when I get away from the -poor options up here, only a week or two to go then I can start applying, yay.

'FireKnife'

Archived