GHK GBB AK Discussion Thread

After hijacking the WE 888c thread, I've made this to further wring information from all of you who have had experience with the GHK AK platform.

So talk about such things as:

Quality

Reliability

Customizability

Quality and reliability of aftermarket parts a la RA Tech and Hephaestus

so that I may better decide about how to go about acquiring one to have all to myself. (And will be selling my VFC AKS74 to afford doing so)

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's a special moment. When you take it out of the box, slowly undressing the plastic bag that it's wrapped in, finally running your fingers on the furniture. Feeling the oil coating your hands. And t

If you don't have a preference in terms of the platform (AK vs AR) and if you're willing to spend the extra cash, I'd argue that you'll definitely get the better gun with the GHK. I'm obviously biased

Blobface, the CO2 mag does also have an aluminium tube! When you pierce the cartridge, the CO2 enters that tube also. And with my mod you also fill that tube with liquid.   blankz5152, you can still

It's a special moment. When you take it out of the box, slowly undressing the plastic bag that it's wrapped in, finally running your fingers on the furniture. Feeling the oil coating your hands. And the smell of it enhances the experience to a level of gun pr0n you'd never known existed.

And a body.. A body that could melt a cheese sandwich from across the room. It's the kind of Rifle that would make you want to drop to your knees and thank god you're a man.

Mines an AKM too

• Like 2

As said on the 888c thread, I've had great luck with it, owning 3 already (and could see myself considering a 4th), all of them have done great so far. There must be a batch problem or something as I've heard things from a few users here about them failing miserably, and looking at my 3s, I just can't see what the issues could be, none of my mags have been real issues, I mean, they have leaked, but that's because I left them empty for too long, a little silicon oil on the o-ring fixed it right away, and I haven't had the major feeding issues I've been hearing about apart from one gun, which was fixed with a tiny bit of sanding. 

Might as well take a look at my 105 thread for half of those. 

I've sub'd to that.

As said on the 888c thread, I've had great luck with it, owning 3 already (and could see myself considering a 4th), all of them have done great so far. There must be a batch problem or something as I've heard things from a few users here about them failing miserably, and looking at my 3s, I just can't see what the issues could be, none of my mags have been real issues, I mean, they have leaked, but that's because I left them empty for too long, a little silicon oil on the o-ring fixed it right away, and I haven't had the major feeding issues I've been hearing about apart from one gun, which was fixed with a tiny bit of sanding. 

Have you changed anything internally?

Chernobyl?

Have you changed anything internally?

Two of have them the 1J nozzle as I'm in the UK, and the other has the Prowin aluminium nozzle. While I bought a few Hephaestus steel valve knockers but haven't installed them yet, won't do until the old ones start to show issues. There is actually something that's worth noting, which is the pin that holds the hammer and other parts can fall out on the 2012 models, not sure if the new ones are better, but Samoon had provided some free pins that have threaded ends for end caps to secure things in place. 

btw that isn't my video, it's some Taiwanese with stock hops according to the title. 

I've had ridiculous feeding issues with mine, resulting in two broken nozzles and three destroyed hop up rubbers, and one destroyed Aplus integrated hopup chamber/barrel. I'm not sure if I should be trying new BBs, or buying a new hopup chamber/loading ramp. I've been unable to ascertain so far exactly where the problem lies.

I had constant misfeeds with Madbull 0.3s, sometimes the bb got stuck between the hop-up chamber and the nozzle(thankfully only the side of the hop-up chamber get damaged a little). I tried G&G 0.25, KSC 0.3, Guarder 0.4 and Xtreme 0.3s all worked fine.

I have the 2013 LCT AK-74U and I installed the A+ hop chamber assembly with inner barrel. To get better air seal between the nozzle tip and the hop up, I put heat shrink tubing over the nozzle tip. Try this mod if you encounter low FPS values when using the hi flow nozzle from GHK.

Ok so here's my build list/plan:

2013 GHK AK74M

A+ hop up rubber

Hephaestus simulation recoil spring system

Team GBB hop up chamber

Samoon recoil kit

And as many mags as I can afford with the leftovers.

Debating on:

Steel outer barrel

Hephaestus steel sear and firing pin

Upgraded nozzle

I want to downgrade the FPS to under 350. NPAS?

The A+ rubber only works with their own chamber as it uses vsr/gas inner barrel as opposed to the default aeg barrel(assuming you meant that A+ rubber). The Samoon recoil kit already includes a stiffer recoil spring or are you looking to combine recoil kit with the Hephaestus one? Im not sure about the chamber as I have heard it might damage the nozzle.

I also have the steel sear and firing pin but I won't swap them in until something actually gets broken. If you want to lower the FPS under 350, the easiest way is to buy a 1j nozzle or use a wide bore/short barrel.