GHK GBB AK Discussion Thread

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's a special moment. When you take it out of the box, slowly undressing the plastic bag that it's wrapped in, finally running your fingers on the furniture. Feeling the oil coating your hands. And t

If you don't have a preference in terms of the platform (AK vs AR) and if you're willing to spend the extra cash, I'd argue that you'll definitely get the better gun with the GHK. I'm obviously biased

Blobface, the CO2 mag does also have an aluminium tube! When you pierce the cartridge, the CO2 enters that tube also. And with my mod you also fill that tube with liquid.   blankz5152, you can still

In my AKM i have been using Team GBB hop up chamber and it's not served me very well, the adjustment wheel is so loose that it cant handle the recoil at all and resetting the hop to almost zero :/

Is it just mine or has anyone else experienced the same?

A+ hopup ordered, have heard great things about it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've put my spare 14.5" 6.03 prom my in as well as a Maple Leaf 70°. It was shooting 330 after I swapped the barrel on a 1j bolt, but I haven't checked since changing the hop up. I might cut a nub to fit where the current one is, except sideways so it sits like a regular nub in an AEG.

~160 feet @ 330 with .20s, just coming up and left before dropping off. Perfect for CQB.

Say... what would be a good European place to order this from? Because of Portugal's drakonian import laws, going outside Europe is really not an option on such an expensive item.

Edit: By "this" i mean the rifle itself, sorry i didn't specify, long day...

Edited by ShinSeiki

I have also read that Hephaestus give mags som "special treatment" 

Err I wouldn't bother too much about Hephaestus's magic touch, I'd only get it for looks, the original mags work fine, and even if they leak, it's pretty straight forward to fix. If the price isn't horrendous I'd get 2-3, maybe more if they did the outer sleeve only, which is unlikely. 

• 3 weeks later...

eqa5esu5.jpg

Top one is the kqa akg. Bottom ones are all of my ghk ak's :)

epy7urej.jpg

Shared ghk mags between the 74...only my akm uses the steel mags. Bottom row is of me kwa akg mags :)

aza4avez.jpg

One of me custom chest rigs

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py
  • Like 1

Why does your 74 have an AKM flashider?

It used to be an GHK AK 105. I stuck my second GHK AKM's front end to it. All I really need now is a different muzzle and it's a legit AK74 MN.

I used my second AKM's receiver, and the 105's front end to make that magpuled ak.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It used to be an GHK AK 105. I stuck my second GHK AKM's front end to it. All I really need now is a different muzzle and it's a legit AK74 MN.

I used my second AKM's receiver, and the 105's front end to make that magpuled ak.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You'll also need another gasblock to make it legit  :D.

All of your AK's are looking great btw, especially that AKM. Great collection.

Figured out that the piece that came out is off the back of the sear, so I have "converted" it to semi only.

Does anyone else have issues getting the upper hand guard tube off?

My sear broke the same way, no biggie i also ran it semi only for a long time :P Got the hephaestus sear in there now, after alot of use it's holding up nicely.

Figured out that the piece that came out is off the back of the sear, so I have "converted" it to semi only.

Does anyone else have issues getting the upper hand guard tube off?

I don't know what your problem exactly is but it should go like this: take out the bolt, raise the lever on the right side of the rear sight(this might be hard at first and you might need to hold it with a plier to move it), then you should be able to raise up and remove the upper hand guard(the tube is attached to it). If you want to remove the tube out of the plastic hand guard simply turn it 180 degrees and pull it out.

My sear broke the same way, no biggie i also ran it semi only for a long time :P Got the hephaestus sear in there now, after alot of use it's holding up nicely.

I'll probably do the same. Do you have the Hephaestus valve knocker too?

I don't know what your problem exactly is but it should go like this: take out the bolt, raise the lever on the right side of the rear sight(this might be hard at first and you might need to hold it with a plier to move it), then you should be able to raise up and remove the upper hand guard(the tube is attached to it). If you want to remove the tube out of the plastic hand guard simply turn it 180 degrees and pull it out.

That's what I've been doing. The tube only comes out half way and then doesn't budge.