GHK GBB AK Discussion Thread

Even Samoon can't get hold of blank ghk gbb receivers, I tried. Not only you'd have to drill the rivots, you'd have to remove the folding stock mechanism by grinding it off if you want a side rail installed and work with optics. I think I saw a really nice East German full size built on zero and ukaz.

Edited by blobface
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's a special moment. When you take it out of the box, slowly undressing the plastic bag that it's wrapped in, finally running your fingers on the furniture. Feeling the oil coating your hands. And t

If you don't have a preference in terms of the platform (AK vs AR) and if you're willing to spend the extra cash, I'd argue that you'll definitely get the better gun with the GHK. I'm obviously biased

Blobface, the CO2 mag does also have an aluminium tube! When you pierce the cartridge, the CO2 enters that tube also. And with my mod you also fill that tube with liquid.   blankz5152, you can still

They probably have some kind of contract with ghk what makes them the only seller... Othervise it would be cheaper to build a whole rifle from parts, and GHK probably wouldnt like that. The internal parts are cheap, and all the externals are available from lct, or real rifles, expect the receiver.

:D Bought a GHK AKM new from MilSpec. Should arrive this week! Quite excited. 

Plan is to leave it pretty much as is, bar

East German Night Sights

RS wood grip

Samoon enhanced recoil kit - Anyone got any experience on it? Worth fitting?

Hop Upgrade - Read many a story about the shoddy hop, ill make what I will of it when it arrives. However if it is as terrible as people say is it the chamber that needs replacing? or the rubber? or both?

Samoon enhanced recoil kit:

it does increase the recoil but lowers the RPM. Since I don't use full-auto on skirmishes Im fine with it, so its your choice.

Hop Upgrade:

First you should file the feeding lips on the magazines, so the BBs move in-out more easily. This also lowers the chance of a double feed/misfeed which could damage the hop-up. As for upgrades, the default hop works ok, one thing you have to watch if you switch rubbers is the lenght of the rubber's lip. Too long and it might cause jam/misfeed. There is also the A+ hop-up conversion, which I have heard mixed results of. Some get better performance others not due to the chamber can move sometimes. Also the hop-up adjustment is an easily moveable screw.

• Like 1

Thanks. Rpm isnt much of an issue as it is an AK after all lol, shall be using semi 90% of the time anyhow.

I shall file the mags soon as i get them.

Im not the biggest fan of A+ personally never had any decenr results using them. Only AEG rubbers i have left are the PDI W hold in my P90 and a brand new Guarder Black. Reckon theyd be alright?

on my phone, my spelling will suck

Fileing the mags is not always necesarry... Just if you have issues with filling and feeding.

I really don't see the point in the heavy recoil rod, may it increase the "kick" but also the gas useage, it's causes bigger cooldown and inconsistent fps. 

The best mods you can do are polish all the slideing surfaces, mod the original chamber to hit AEG hopup nobs, put an adjustment screw in the nozle and replace the buffer O ring on the bbu for a bit better seal.

But there is a GHK group on facebook where there are a lot of advices and discussion :) 

• Like 1

So the general GBBR mods then lol

Just got it its lovely, much lighter than I expected, lighter than the RS. Mag needed MUCH filing wouldnt feed more than 2 rounds... now shoots like a train, cooldown is almost non existent. The grip is horrible, just generally AK grips in general... Is there a fatter wood AK grip available? Something about as thick as an MOE would be perfect! 

Ive never been one for recoil kits, but its an AK should kick like a mule lol

Edited by bankz5152

I had an idea about the enhanced recoik kit.

You could drill a hole out of the plastic/rubber buffer and fit a cut down M1100 spring. Normally could increase ROF slightly with the recoil kit could stabalise it.

Also on the mags, the look identical to the CO2 versions and you can buy Co2 internals to fit. So could you potentially charge GG mags with Co2 in the same way you would with Devilhunter modded mag?

Yeah that's been suggested as well on the DH thread, you'd have to replace the knocker valve and filler valve, it does work, but it just makes me feel funny doing it, for superstitous reasons I just perfer o keep the bulk of the liquid co2 in a capsule designed to do just that, where as the relatively large surface area and thin silver tube that was meant to hold green gas might hold up fine, until it doesn't... :S

Again, it's been proven to work, but I just prefer not to for ease of mind.

• Like 1

Gotcha. When the Co2 capsule is pierced does it not expand into that chamber?

Good to know I wouldnt have to change out all my mags for Co2 in the winter. Secondly would they still work with Propane? 

Also anyone know where I can get a wood grip like this?

The standard grip is absolutely revolting to hold, I would rather avoid having to fit a tacticool one... 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/Stottman/Saigapg.jpg

Edited by bankz5152

A normal Co2 mag only holds CO2 at the cartridge and the narrow route that leads it to the knocker valve afaik, so that the seal around the piercing pin valve and the lip of the cartridge is what seals it, not the chamber that holds the cartridge itself. That said, GHK has a separate chamber, and I don't actually know of the top of my head whether co2 enters that chamber the second it's pierced, interesting if it does as that somehow kills my irrational fear.

As for the grip, have you tried Rusmilitary?

I realize that this is unrelated, but I fit an airsoft AEG gas tube rail to my WE GBB with no mortifications. May be possible on the GHK as well.