GHK GBB AK Discussion Thread

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's a special moment. When you take it out of the box, slowly undressing the plastic bag that it's wrapped in, finally running your fingers on the furniture. Feeling the oil coating your hands. And t

If you don't have a preference in terms of the platform (AK vs AR) and if you're willing to spend the extra cash, I'd argue that you'll definitely get the better gun with the GHK. I'm obviously biased

Blobface, the CO2 mag does also have an aluminium tube! When you pierce the cartridge, the CO2 enters that tube also. And with my mod you also fill that tube with liquid.   blankz5152, you can still

You could drill a hole out of the plastic/rubber buffer and fit a cut down M1100 spring. Normally could increase ROF slightly with the recoil kit could stabalise it.

All the recoil kit does is add mass on the bolt. On the WE the bolt is already massive and FG makes a spring loaded buffer which even with the longer stroke length gives it a good 30% increase in ROF and got as much when I made a hombrew version. It doesn't have to be a metallic spring either as I find it digs into the back of the alloy bolt and you can use a half inch block of something very bouncy instead like urethane or natural rubber.

• Like 1

Yeah that's how Bunnyworkshop do their gun as well, when you get a GHK AK from them, they always include a piece of rubber, about 5mm thick, at the back in front of where that piece of plastic is, for me the benefit isn't necessarily the increased ROF, but the fact that you don't hear the rattling of that block anymore. 

Blobface, the CO2 mag does also have an aluminium tube! When you pierce the cartridge, the CO2 enters that tube also. And with my mod you also fill that tube with liquid.

blankz5152, you can still use GG, just you will have to put again the output valve. If you fill GG with the CO2 one it will leak. Nugentgl have explained pretty well how to make my mod in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6955ns1s-0

By the way, I f*ck*ng love that flashlight handguard, any info?

• Like 2

Yeah.  It looks epic right.  Check out Printable Airsoft Solutions on FB.  I was going to order one but their printer is dead right now and it's not a design that's freely available as the guy hand fits the light.

uFIEeRBl.jpg

Blobface, the CO2 mag does also have an aluminium tube! When you pierce the cartridge, the CO2 enters that tube also. And with my mod you also fill that tube with liquid.

blankz5152, you can still use GG, just you will have to put again the output valve. If you fill GG with the CO2 one it will leak. Nugentgl have explained pretty well how to make my mod in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6955ns1s-0

By the way, I f*ck*ng love that flashlight handguard, any info?

Well this is awesome news! So I need new fill valves and new release valves? Anything in particular?

Took it out for a skirmish today, even though I only had the one mag. Its awesome. Needs a few little home mods n things, needs optics but the irons arnt unusable.

Managed to get around 2.5 mags of bbs from one mag so was happy, range seemed decent enough, accuracy the same. Cooldown non existent, nice and snappy.

Overall very impressed. Got 4 mags in the post, hard recoil kit on the way and rear sight rail adaptor. Going to fit a lil RMR which I think should suit well enough. As mentioned before the pistol grip is horrible, very uncomfortable so buying a US Palm Battle Grip, sadly people only have it black, would prefer bakelite/brown but hey.

Edit - Anyone know where to get a US Palm Battle Grip in the UK or somewhere that ships to the UK? My googlefoo fails me

Edited by bankz5152
  • Like 1

Just got x4 AK74 mags to use with my AKM. None of them feed more than 3 rounds before a double feed/jam.

I've been filing away at the lips for hours with very little success! There must be any easier way! Are there any updated mag lips?

Update -

Got one running. I think I over filed one the other two I cant be bothered anymore this eve

Edited by bankz5152

This is slightly off topic but since I don't have any solid information to start a new thread, what the heck is going on with GHK? They have apparently taken legal action against some guy name Gainax (forum ID) on Armscool for essentially writing a bad review of their product (however baseless or factual, seems besides the point), GHK has proceeded to post such action, seemingly proudly, on their Facebook page, what the heck is going on? Do they live in a cave or something? You don't sue someone for writing a review on a forum....? 

Seems to have been made after criticizing their M4. Haven't read the actual review, but the ones shipped here were pretty crude with just about every buyer complaining how gritty all the parts were machined and that they needed smoothing out. Charges by GHK were slander and Gainax guy is HK based. Which is kinda weird since isn't GHK Taiwanese?

My GHK M4 also has some very crude machine mark internally, namely the bolt group and some of the trigger parts, but the gun works really well regardless... but still... since when is it acceptable to take legal action against online biatching? Unless the user is claiming that the magazines will explode and maim all users, or that all paint they use contain high concentration of lead... it seems way way overkill, and really leaves a bad taste in my mouth about GHK.. and I own 4 of them..  

• Like 1

The post had been deleted but according to summary on Facebook it's essentially some tolerance issue, the guy tried to get help from WGC where he bought it from, got no help, tried to get a replacement from GHK and obviously didn't get it, why he didn't just go and buy some sandpaper I have no idea. He then posted a really harsh post on Armscool and it escalated. All sounds quite petty to me, and I've long accepted that airsoft is not like other things where you buy something and expect it to work without at least having to do some work... it's a nice surprise when that happens, but I don't expect it to.

Which co2 mag did you have explode? and how bad was the.. explosion?

The Gen.1, it was pretty impressive explosion. At night in room temperature, and it wasn't a fresh capsule.

The mag itself flew trough the room some meters, the gas expansion tube and the floor plate made some craters in the walls.

Nevtelen1.jpg

So I over filed two mag lips.... Luckily I have 3 more on the way :) 

Hop chamber is shattered and stock rubber is wrecked. Also covered in oil! Luckily ProWin aluminium chamber on the way + a Maple Leaf 70 deg & Maple Leaf flat nub. See how they work out together.