GHK GBB AK Discussion Thread

Check all that all bang on. Thus far

AKM mag - Feeds flawlessly - Required minimal filing

AK74 Mag 1 - Feeds flawlessly - Required lots of filing

AK74 Mag 2 - Feeds flawlessly in semi, occasional jam in full auto - MUCH filing was required - Will probably replace the lip and start again

Final two I filed too far lol

I seriously love this AK, never ever been an AK fan before but I suddenly fell in love with it lol. The performance is outstanding, only issue is this hop which I hope to solve.

I think this is one of those guns I will keep for a very very long time. Just upgrade as parts break, end up with a solid steel Co2 run AK.

Maybe in the future might even buy a 74 and make it tacticool :D

---

Also the enhanced recoil kit is on the way and ive been thinking obviously its going to slow the ROF down, which doesnt bother me too much. Though would be nice to negate it, i was thinking could you potentially fit a small but sturdy spring inside the front of the gas tube? Along with another spring in/on the recoil buffer?

Would this potentially increase the ROF?

Edited by bankz5152
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's a special moment. When you take it out of the box, slowly undressing the plastic bag that it's wrapped in, finally running your fingers on the furniture. Feeling the oil coating your hands. And t

If you don't have a preference in terms of the platform (AK vs AR) and if you're willing to spend the extra cash, I'd argue that you'll definitely get the better gun with the GHK. I'm obviously biased

Blobface, the CO2 mag does also have an aluminium tube! When you pierce the cartridge, the CO2 enters that tube also. And with my mod you also fill that tube with liquid.   blankz5152, you can still

Hey all, got a second hand 105 and first impressions are amazing! He he

As always , I took it apart and the upper handguard was a real pain to get off and back on.  I had to hammer it down as it was so solid.  Seemed almost too long.

Now when shooting the bb's seem to be flying quite a bit higher than the sights.  Have I bent to barrel or something terrible?

also, which way does the hop nub go in? I watched a video that suggested it goes in line with the barrel, but every other gun I've ever owned it was perpendicular to the barrel.  Hmm, perhaps that's why the bbs aren't going where they are supposed to?

Cheers

Edit: also gas tube feels like its scratching on the inside of the upper handguard now. Cant remember if it was before or if that's something I've done as well. Even feels like the bolt struggles to return to full forward because of the friction.

Edited by Mad-Larkin

I can think two things, the barrel not in the center, add some O ring between the inner and outer (if you can fit, it depends on the model and the manufacturer of the barrel) OR, and I rather think this is what happend, your sights are non zeroed or zeroed wrong, but of course the barrel can be bent, but only you can tell it by checking it.

I always installed the nub just like in any other rifle, but mine has an aeg hopup nub, it increased the accuracy.

The gas tubes ofter scratching the piston connector, just sand the edges of it where there is friction. 

Edited by Geri

Recoil kit arrived today :D installed and very happy much better recoil for an AK. Was upset it slowed the ROF so I made a speed buffer -

20150310_194248_zpsyoibi5kc.jpg

This put the ROF near enough back to where it was before. Simply made from a pozi drive self tapping screw, a washer and a clipped M1100 spring. 

I then also fitted a smaller spring inside what would be the gas return tube. Doing this increase the ROF above normal :D

So to sum up. Lots more recoil and slightly more ROF. Gas consumption seems to be fine as well, rattled of 40 rounds in full auto from a cool mag so no issues there :D :D :D

Update -

Will also have a chrono so can do proper test :)

Edited by bankz5152

but reloading AKS ARE SO KOOL.

While it looks cool, the crude top covers can be very sharp.

Last week I cut myself at a range speed reloading a Chicom AK while practicing break contact drills.  At the end the rifle and mags were covered in blood... :D

"You're not using your weapon properly if it doesn't bite you"....Certainly applies to AKs.

Anyone got some suggestions on pistol grips? I find stock AK grips absolutely hideous to hold, mainly too narrow and small. Ideally want a US Palm Battle Grip but I've only found *suitcasey* AEG ones or companies won't ship to the UK.

Anything MIAD-ish or Battle Grip-ish I am happy.

No I will not fit an M4 pistol grip adaptor.  

-get AEG MIAD or Battle Grip.

-fill with epoxy/bondo 1/4 from the top

-drill hole when cured

-put on AK

Also the AK grip has always been designed small so it won't be too fat when wearing winter gloves. It's easier to fatten a grip to suit every person using tape or gloves. It's harder to do the opposite: have an already fat grip to fit people with smaller hands.

Pretty incredible ay? I can only imagine how well it will perform on a hot day. At this rate im not going to bother with Co2. 

The red dots are made by Vector Optics available here - http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_45&products_id=9071

Mate of mine has 3 on a G&P WOC, GHK AK105 and another WOC. All holding zero as far as im aware. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What kind of muzzle velocity consistency are you folks getting with your GHK AKs?

I've noticed that using the ProWin nozzle and chamber in combination with CO2 mags, the muzzle velocity drops by 2-3 fps per shot, making for a quite massive overall drop of 100 fps between the first and the last shot of a 40rd magazine.
If you've made some consistency measurements on your AKs, I'd appreciate if you could post the results and your setups. : )

Anyone got some suggestions on pistol grips? I find stock AK grips absolutely hideous to hold, mainly too narrow and small. Ideally want a US Palm Battle Grip but I've only found *suitcasey* AEG ones or companies won't ship to the UK.

Anything MIAD-ish or Battle Grip-ish I am happy.

No I will not fit an M4 pistol grip adaptor.  

I used 550 cord and wrapped it around the grip and feels much better. Try it before changing to something else.