GHK GBB AK Discussion Thread

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's a special moment. When you take it out of the box, slowly undressing the plastic bag that it's wrapped in, finally running your fingers on the furniture. Feeling the oil coating your hands. And t

If you don't have a preference in terms of the platform (AK vs AR) and if you're willing to spend the extra cash, I'd argue that you'll definitely get the better gun with the GHK. I'm obviously biased

Blobface, the CO2 mag does also have an aluminium tube! When you pierce the cartridge, the CO2 enters that tube also. And with my mod you also fill that tube with liquid.   blankz5152, you can still

So...today. Outdoor game with stock bolt. Chrono'd 290 with .20s in the morning. A friend didn't like his .32s so I started using those. God those go miles. Chrono'd before I left. 342 with .32s, 1.7j, or just shy of the 450 with .20/1.83j for DMRs.

And then the Hephaestus recoil guide said *fruitcage* it and took the Samoon enhanced recoil spring with it. I'll post pics later.

Hop up is back to stock, prom my 6.03 barrel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi everyone, i'm in need of some advice... I saved up some cash and the time has come to take the plunge, i'm getting GHK AK. 

Due to Portugal's drakonian atitude towards airsoft, ordering from outside the EU is not an option and within those boudaries i can find 2 solid options, either an AK74 or an AK105 and to complicate things i can only find AKM mags!

So my first question is this, will the AKM mags fit the AK74? and how about the AK105? 

Second question would be, is there a diference between them internaly? beyond personal preference should i get one over the other?

Thank you for reading, any imput would be greatly apreciated, cheers!

All the GHK AKs are the same internally except the 74SU(shorter bolt), but they all take both the 74 and 47 style

Thank you, that is just what i needed to know! I'm way too green to help you out with the chamber, but if you get desperate enough to have a new one made, shoot me a PM, i can hook you up with my CNC guy.

• 1 month later...

All the GHK AKs are the same internally except the 74SU(shorter bolt), but they all take both the 74 and 47 style magazines.

Btw does anyone know if its possible to get/buy an A+ hop-up chamber(just the chamber)? Mine came with a dent and when I tried to fix it it just become worse.

Make sure you DO NOT use the Prowin aluminum nozzle with the A+ chamber system as it quickly deforms the chamber.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else had a problem with the hop-up chambers getting a very small crack on the top of the BB entrance? It happened to me the 2nd time. First it made the hop-up only work once every 10 shots, now the BBs deviate to the right very strongly but still get some normal shots. Gah.

Edit: also the BBs get stuck in my magazines, well at the top exactly and happens even if only a few BBs are loaded(so overloading isn't the problem). So the BB stick to one of the sides and the gun won't feed or misfeed.

Edited by Zereck

Yes, I had 3 hop ups break in that same way. Its happened usually when the gun jammed.

I replaced the hop up with a metal chamber to alleviate the problem. It doesn't break now but it jams so frequently that the gun is unusable.

I've never been able to figure out why it jams or how to fix it.

Yes, I had 3 hop ups break in that same way. Its happened usually when the gun jammed.

I replaced the hop up with a metal chamber to alleviate the problem. It doesn't break now but it jams so frequently that the gun is unusable.

I've never been able to figure out why it jams or how to fix it.

what mags are you using?  the steel 47 mags have tighter feed lips that cause the bb to "jump" out of the mag when the loading arm hits it thus causing the jams.  fix is to slightly file the inside the feed lips for smooth entrance into the chamber.  Also, some users report filing a smoother channel on the hop unit where the bb enters the chamber to further decrease chance of jams.

So I forgot to mention but I changed the outer barrel on my AK-105 to an AKM steel one. I changed the inner to a longer one but it still won't reach the end of the outer. The inner seems to go down and left in the outer. But the problem is that my gun keeps shooting to the right(very strongly) and up regardless of the hop-up, despite switching the entire hop-up to a new one. Everything is assembled correctly so the only fault can be the inner barrel not being in the middle of the outer. But considering where the inner points(left and down) Im not even sure of that(gun shoots up and right). :S

Edit: oh also I rechecked my magazines and they all feed correctly now. The whole thing(I mentioned above) can be done on full-auto without a hiccup.

Double edit: ok I figured it out. Because the inner is not centered and the outer is longer the BBs were actually richocheting from the outer(which explains the way the BBs were going). I found out by looking in the outer and seeing white dust there. Well I was stupid but I don't know why the outer is so wide. :P

Edited by Zereck