GM-94 Pump Action Grenade Launcher

renegadecow

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't find it now, but look for the TAG ver2 video. They're ditching the tube and the projectile mounts on the 40mm shell now.

Here's the video: http://youtu.be/A2TuV4fEjO8?t=29s

I don't think they are ditching the rifled tube - it is what stabilizes the projectile in the air. The TAG projectile's center of mass is slightly in the rear half, so it is inherently unstable. Without the rifling, I doubt it will fly as far as before. I believe TAG is trying to have the rifled tube mounted on the launcher itself. The challenge is that the grooves on the projectile have to match the positions of the rifling when it is loaded.

In any case, I think version 1 will fit RC's GM94 without much issues. The shells should be able to withstand the compression force when stacked head to toe in the shell chamber if that's what RC meant by "wadcutters".

No, I meant when actually chambering a round. There's some wiggle room on the rim to allow the smooth dropping of shells so a shell about to be chambered isn't perfectly aligned with the bore. The throat is pretty wide and shell heads are round so its no biggie, they'll sort themselves out. But when the shell is squared off like the shape of a wadcutter round the edges could get caught on the chamber as you close it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Lots done today. Built the sort of trunion on the magazine tube which is (or should be) the strongest point of the weapon as everything is pretty much reliant on this joint. It's built up from layers of pvc pipe then squared off and glued to the receiver walls.

IMG_6087.jpg

IMG_6090.jpg

IMG_6093.jpg

IMG_6094.jpg

See a couple of projects on here over the past couple of days and the work that go's into them is amazing!!

Nothing really, sorry. Real life keeping me away from any real progress. Don't see myself getting back enough free time in the next couple months or so.

Real life sucks. Plug me into the matrix baby and code me in some sweet toy guns.

If / when you decide to take it further perhaps http://npoaeg.ru/ would be a good bet? Hopefully they won't F you over like ares.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

OH HAI

Started making the lower half of the receiver. Doesn't look like much but I had to make the mold for it first which took most of the time as it's pressed from a single piece instead of gluing three pieces together. Likewise the pistol grip which looks hilariously skinny. It shares the same grip panel with the PP-93 which is a 9x18 SMG so the grip post alone looks out of place. Also started working on the barrel sleeve.

IMG_7005.jpg

IMG_7003.jpg

It can take the length. Doesn't look it from above, but the magazine tube has a relief cut on the underside allowing for 130mm grenades in length. What I don't know is if it will chamber as I haven't got any to test.

edit:

Sorry, will have a relief cut (real one is more like 140mm). I realize I haven't done it just yet.

Archived