MK18 mod 1

With all respect to AAC's work which is impressive, let's not exaggerate.

i don't know ? never seen in real ife, like i already said in the beginning of this topic, the plans are made with ONLY  google-pic's

About the quality, don't forget

Normaly the DD Ris is a computer designed,  and made part,  it's impossible to make it identical to a cnc part,

using conventional machinery, so it's  my personal challenge to make an cnc piece using old school techniques.

In all fairness, if AAC used a decent Aluminium alloy like 6061 then he's already off to a better start then Madbull as the alloys they use are really soft, and their dimensional accuracy isn't all that special - I have a Madbull Noveske Quad rail that won't accept a slide-on VFG, it's far too wide.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In all fairness, if AAC used a decent Aluminium alloy like 6061 then he's already off to a better start then Madbull as the alloys they use are really soft, and their dimensional accuracy isn't all that special - I have a Madbull Noveske Quad rail that won't accept a slide-on VFG, it's far too wide.

The material is a "real" Aluminium,  not a soft alloy,  

The dimensions,  for the piccatiny rail's i respected the "milspec 1933" spec's

i used the folowing diagram as a base to calculate/scale  all the rest.

The dim. of center- rail/barrel to top of receiver-rail i checked on the replica.

wb0105-Specs1.jpg

wb0105-Specs2.jpg

2f06atc.gif

Funny, I have a Mk18 rail that is too narrow. Fine for screw-on accessories but my QD T1 is way too wobbly. 

Hello members,

Here the today progress

Lathing a new outer barrel, only the milling needs to be done.

On the pic's the old and new barrel-set, low profile gasblock, DD barrel nut, KAC qd flash hider

And a 6.03 precision barrel in progress.

all the new pieces are made of steel or stainless steel 

DVrspse.jpg

qAonyU7.jpg

ZD7wx0Z.jpg

qH7qIuw.jpg

CfVCMEY.jpg

Tm0rkJX.jpg

Ha, ok I didn't know that,  so you are saying the receiver of an aeg (M4) is wider than a real one ?

Like RenegadeCow says, yes, absolutely. Most airsoft weapons are slightly misproportioned in order to accommodate the gearbox; AR-15s are wider, Kalashnikovs are longer, etcetera etcetera. True 1:1 AEGs are rare; Systema's PTW and TW5 should be, RealSword's guns are, and that's about it as far as I can recall.

1:1 GBBs are much more common; PRIME/Inokatsu-length WA-pattern AR-15s are true 1:1, for example, and many pistols are as well.

This is amazing, well done. What I'd love to see for your next project is perhaps something out of your imagination! You should do something unique mate and really think outside the box and see what happens!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Archived