Malaysia Airlines flight MH370

hitmanNo2

So, I was wondering what everyones thoughts are on flight MH370.

My first thought was mechanical failure but now all the revelations about course changing, transmitters turned off e.t.c. I'm leaning towards hi-jacking.

Hypoxia seems unlikely.

What is bugging me is the whole 19 working phones of some of the passengers.  They were called and rang but no pick ups.  Sure, they could have been left at home or whatever but surely it's possible to ping their approximate location from the masts?  And leading off that, there were no distress calls to friends family e.t.c. Was the plane simply too far out of range to use mobiles? What about on board phones?

So do we have a warehouse full of hostages, perhaps connected to a larger plan or simply just dead, and a plane on some dirt runway waiting to be used in some terror attack?

Or more likely do we have a crashed plane in the sea in a ridiculously large potential search area?

Perhaps a flight 93 scenario causing it to crash?

Thoughts?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm leaning towards flight crew Hijacking/theft myself.

Since 911 the flight deck doors of all commercial airliners had to be beefed up and kept closed at all times during a flight unless a flight attendant was serving, they don't have to open the door to speak to flight attendants because of intercom systems.

So if someone had tried to force their way into the cockpit it would have taken them some time, and in that time the flight crew would have had ample time to broadcast a mayday and someone somewhere would have heard that.

A course change, depending on its severity wouldn't have alarmed anyone, if you have ever been on a plane, without the little GPS screen it is extremely hard to detect course changes and where you actually are in the world from those little windows you sit next to.

The mobile phones, I am told are useless at a certain height and a certain distance out to sea, so even if someone did smell a rat if they were out at sea their phone/s would have been utterly useless, again probably not knowing anything was up at all if this is a hijacking, I'm sure there are parts of the planet accessible to that flight that Vodafone and the likes still can't reach in terms of erecting mobile phone masts.

I think the pilots have turned off all systems that enable the plane to be tracked and have flown it to a remote airfield in some shithole corner of the planet for some reason.

The shuddering thought for me is what exactly has happened to those 239 (is it) passengers?

And why hasn't anyone taken responsibility?

The only answer I can come up with for that one is that the plane is being prepared on some ******stani airfield for a 911 style terrorist attack.

What would X country do now if this airliner suddenly appeared on radar or in the sky on approach to to one of their major cities?

Yes I do watch too many movies and too much BBC/Sky news...lol

The pilot was actually a very competent enthusiast who practiced a lot of scenarios and maneuvers. I have the feeling there was some sort of mechanical issue which he tried to compensate for, but ended up dooming them all. They said the plane was brought up to it's operational ceiling, meaning it was being put under a lot of pressure anyway, so it's probably in the ocean.

The big question if its a mechanical failure then why switch off all communications and radar/tracking equipment?

And why no distress call?

The Malaysian president is publicly telling the world that these systems were switched off deliberately and it appears at different intervals.

There's a joke theory on Reddit, on how basically 10 days later the flight lands safely at Beijing, yet when the crew/passengers are questioned, none of them report anything going wrong (they simply observed a continuous passage of time).

Totally weird if that were true. Though probably not.

I'm more inclined to think it has been nicked to strip for spares than be used in a 9/11 terror attack. Granted, pretty much every part will be serialized, but you could save yourself millions if you strip it down for spares instead of buying from Boeing.

However, it's all pure speculation at the moment, isn't it? Seeing how far our imaginations take us. Its certainly shaping up like a Hollywood thriller though, what with the two missing passangers with the fake passports who turned out to be Iranian, the co-pilot who let's hot blondes into the cockpit during flight, and all the deliberate miscommunication between the different searching countries.

Hmm.  A fair point r.e. nicked for parts.  They must be pretty desperate to do that.

I read an interesting article the the other day about a guy that bought an old plane for grand with the intention of stripping it down for parts.  He made something like £20k on one engine alone.  There's certainly a lot of money in it.  If it really has be taken for parts I guess part serialization will be moot as it has most likely been nicked to order for some shady person/country/organization that won't care. Anything left over would be binned I would have thought.

To aid the 'Hijack' theory - who's to say the pilot isn't in on the hijacking?

Soldiers defect through religious conversion and/or brainwashing occationally. If the pilot or co-pilot had a beef with the company, or even thought it was for the better of civilisation, whats to stop them taking the plane themselves? Ain't nothing you can do if the guy locked in the cockpit decides to land wherever he wants, takes a cash payout/some hot blondes, hands over the crew and passengers to a waiting militia and scuttles off to the nearest brothel.

Yeah.  Every part has a serial number.  If it has indeed been stolen for parts, it will have been stolen to order for specific parts for someone that doesn't give a *fruitcage* about the parts origin, just how cheap they are.

You would have to be out of your mind to nick a plane and then part out the bits to numerous buyers.  All the parts to one buyer, minimal risk, just like a drug deal.

Oh man that place is bizarre.  I wrote off an entire evening reading about all the weird conspiracy theories regarding that airport. 

Anyway, an interesting theory amongst some of the more bonkers ones such as CIA responsible by utilizing stealth planes and cloned planes so they can abduct the engineers from that defense firm that were on board.

http://keithledgerwood.tumblr.com/post/79838944823/did-malaysian-airlines-370-disappear-using-sia68-sq68

And another potential, more realistic theory.

https://plus.google.com/106271056358366282907/posts/GoeVjHJaGBz

His theory is electrical fire, rendering crew and passengers unconscious, but still enabling the plane to fly on until its fuel was exhausted.

The oil rig worker said he saw "a plane on fire" on a similar course to that of MH370, surely if he was able to physically see the plane on fire then the plane was in a bad enough shape to not have gotten very much further and exploded or crashed into the water, leaving behind a pretty big debris pile.

Also if the pilot was doing all he could to put out said fire, control the plane and find a suitable landing location, then what is the copilot doing during all this?

Why did NEITHER of them radio ATC?

There are far too many holes in that theory for my liking.

I also saw oxygen deprivation mentioned, that means 1) cabin depressurisation (sudden or slight) 2) no emergency broadcast 3) no emergency oxygen 4) no sudden decent by pilot to get the plane to a safer altitude.

I personally can't see all 4 of those things coming together to make this disaster happen.

Everyone's theory (including my own) is flawed anyway until we get some concrete evidence of where it is and in what condition.

That said I still stand by the flight crew hijack/theft theories until proven otherwise.

My thought is this happends alot more than people think, planes disappear or crash. Things break , saying things were turned off is abit of a red herring as they dont know why they went off. So i dont understand why the news and governments are saying that.

As for phones ringing, it doesnt mean anything either. Weirdly the same thing was said after 9/11. The phones would have to be in range of a cell tower in which case they could be tracked. If they are ringing its because the service provder is trying to connect to the phone.

Intill it turns up im just assuming its crashed. There isnt evidence to support any other theory.

Archived