H&K G11K2 as CO2-powered GBB

marvk

Well, the internal mechanism is probably the most time consuming part and the same restrictions apply as they do for whole guns.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I would not want to do this kind of stuff and share more than pictures. I legally can not do it.

What I can do is provide the 3D models of my mechanism, so that those who want to can replicate it.

paranoiddroid, do you care to share your designs? The mechanism here is precisely tailored to the space available in the G11,

it probably would need to be altered if you want to use it in a differently shaped gun body.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, into a M2 or 1919 it would probably fit ;)

Ok, small update on sunday as promised. The main parts of the mechanism, excluding the 3-round burst, are nearly done. Just the fire selector cylinder is still missing.

The parts seem to work together, but there is still some work to do regarding shaping some edges to allow a smooth operation. the pictures show the open trigger system an the freshly made block in the upper left corner of the first picture. this one was added after discovering that there is a lot of force between the components requiring another fixation point at the front. The last two pictures show the hammer and trigger in the released and cocked position.

15728133790_77019bffc0_b.jpg

15295777443_b98ae75c2c_b.jpg

15889636706_58fe7e78eb_b.jpg

15913470311_a9d04d72c5_b.jpg

Hi Murdoc,

yes it kind of is a boring bar, if that is what you are referring to. I already used it in the tail stock of my lathe.

the whole thing it looks like this:

1253649416_KF25LVario_Ausdrehkopf_4494-2

normally it is used to bore out holes to a bigger diameter but if you turn the "sharp" side of the tool so that it faces the axis it rotates around you can

shapes which are round on the outside if you reverse your machine to rotate counter clockwise. The vibration is an issue with this tool, but you can vary the cutting depths and rpm so that it doesn't vibrate too much or even hits an harmonic of the machine. On the picture below the rotational axis is marked with the blue arrow and the rotation of the tool marked with the read one. the yellow one, well thats to make the nub as long as you want it to be ;)

15753500457_aa695779dd_b.jpg

cheers marv

Hi DEVILHUNTER, thanks for the advice. I did not really think about this while doing it. Do you think that the forces applied by the cutting process are big enough to overcome the friction in the morse taper even though it is secured via the screw? well in any case, I know now to regularly check if it is still securely tightened if I use the ccw direction again!

The morse taper is not problem since you have the drawbar on it. What can get unscrew is the boring head to the arbour. This is the screw I'm talking about (on an ISO taper):

http://www.millerstooling.com.au/cmsimages/arbor019.jpg

If you take small pases and check after each one, you won't have problem, but roughting too much or the chatering of an uncontinuous cut can unscrew it.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of updates recently, getting the mechanism to work properly is a real PITA atm so I take things slowly there.

Also because its Christmas and really cold in my workshop, no heating in the garage :-/

Regardless of the delay I am already working on the next project. I'm still using sketchup as the autocad inventor is very inflexible and at this early stage the model still changes a lot. Just to give you a hint:

16089289835_5a5b1b6f0d_b.jpg

Anyway, merry Christmas! I hope to get going again between Christmas and new year and post some updates

• 2 months later...

H&K made a handful of dummy guns out of real materials and with realistic field strip etc for demo-purposes.

I fought hard to get one of those but the eBay seller went MIA and never returned.

Does someone here have CADs of the externals?

I'd be willing to pay for those if they are modifiable to accept a AEG gearbox as 9 months from 12 GBB guns don't work here.

I have limited access to a metal-shop but a 3d printing company settled in nearby and is able to print metals soon.

I should be able to modify the CADs myself if the externals are in order.

Archived