WE MP5k "Apache" - Initial Impressions.

I had a quick look at the shipping and only AirsoftGlobal and JK Army let me do it without too much work and they both state $50-60 USD for normal shipping and $110-130 USD for express.

So I would probably go with AsiaAirsoft at $374 USD with free international shipping (standard I believe).

I bought my APS CAM870 SAI from them with the same setup and it worked great.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Goodness Bankz, who took a leak in your Cheerios? No need to be condescending and rude when people ask questions. The vast majority of other airsoft forums are dead or dying, in part due to snarky,

I want to show my WE MP5. I managed to fit a RS hand guard and rear stock + B&T rail mount.

Hope you guys don't mind, I wrote up a little something about my WE MP5A3 Apache when I got it this week. Wall of text and photos incoming:      Ever since WE announced that they were making a gasbl

Posted Images

Depends on how badly you want it in that setup, because Gunfire.pl sells the full stock version for 327 euro, shipping cost is usually a tenner and VAT is included already. 

$374 (£292 + £54.4 (VAT) + £13.50 (parcel force handling fee) = £364

€327 (£278 + £10 (shipping)) = £288 

Just in case you aren't super passionate about the sliding stock, also some places sell that stock on its own, including KICbbgun who sometimes declare things so it sails past customs. 

• Like 1

Yeah you can get the full stock A2 version and put on an A3 collapsible. As I did with mine because I liked both :D 

Actually I got the A3 and bought the A2 stock. Whatever...

KY Airsoft has the A3 stock assembly for sale; 

https://www.kyairsoft.com/shop/product/we-apache-a3-retractable-stock-assembly-33393?search=a3+stock

Just out of interest, I was toying around with the idea of getting one of these, but wondered what parts are compatible with real steel parts. Probably the only positive thing about the vfc is that most stocks etc are a drop in fit with no or very minor modifications needed (for example only the buffer needs a slight reduction in length for the slither stock to fit), and aftermarket surefire forgrips fit perfectly, as does the older style slimline grip if that is your thing. How does the we fare on such things?

I had a WE MP5 and bought a cheapo RIS foregrip for it, which turned out to be made to real steel spec and it would have needed fitting. In the end I sold it to a friend who had a VFC MP5 and got a CYMA RIS foregrip which was a drop in fit.

TBH I thought this was a cracking gun, though the recoil spring needed a bit of a boost and I replaced the barrel and hop-up rubber on mine to eke out a bit more range and accuracy. I also put a shim in the nozzle as a flow reducer as the stock power was about 1.7J with greengas and HK temperatures (!)

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Someone on my YouTube asked which parts where steel so I just ran mine over with a magnet and took some notes. Can't recall if it's been posted before but here you go:

WE MP5 A2/A3 steel parts

For parts reference numbers please see these two manuals: 

Upper receiver - Part A
Front sight aperture ring - Part 62
Front sight cap - Part 115
Thread protector - Part 176
Muzzle - Part 177
Charging handle tube - Part 103
Rear sight aperture ring - Part 72
Rear sight aperture ring cap - Part 73
A2 stock rear plate - Part 3
Recoil spring guide rod assembly - Parts 108, 109, 110, 111
Trigger assembly plate - Part 48
Trigger assembly arm - Part 34
Outer barrel nut - Part 82
A3 stock "housing" - Part B
Closed front magazine outer shell and base plate - Part N/A
  • Like 2

FYI I bought a Team GBB MP5K enhanced recoil spring but was unable to install it on my WE MP5 because the screws holding the recoil spring on the guide rod are like glued in place :(

Tried heating it up, held it in a vice, twisted like the hulk but the screws did not budge at all.

Any advice?

• 2 months later...

FYI I bought a Team GBB MP5K enhanced recoil spring but was unable to install it on my WE MP5 because the screws holding the recoil spring on the guide rod are like glued in place :(

Tried heating it up, held it in a vice, twisted like the hulk but the screws did not budge at all.

Any advice?

If anyone is the MP5/APS guru it's you m8 :P

If anyone is the MP5/APS guru it's you m8 :P

Well, do'h! :P

It's parts 108, 109, 110 and 111 in the pic below.

Like I said I used heat, vice, clamps, lubrication, had one hex key in each of the screws and tried twisting both directions, hit my hex keys with a hammer when it was in the vice and it just will not move at all :| 

I suppose one way around it is to order those parts as spares from KY and just put the new spring on that :D

0090db5138d2674a77e250043f1375ff.png

Edited by NonEx

Yeh. See this happen from time to time that some batches get glued down while others wiggle loose by themselves. Some people comment on my YouTube videos asking how to remove some screws and I am like "Hmmm, unscrew them?" then it turns out theirs is glued down.

Guess someone on the assembly line got whipped for not tightening the screws enough and figured "I'll show them!" :D 

Maybe I need to go to the gym? :P 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Any advice?

Well, do'h! :P

It's parts 108, 109, 110 and 111 in the pic below.

Like I said I used heat, vice, clamps, lubrication, had one hex key in each of the screws and tried twisting both directions, hit my hex keys with a hammer when it was in the vice and it just will not move at all :| 

I suppose one way around it is to order those parts as spares from KY and just put the new spring on that :D

0090db5138d2674a77e250043f1375ff.png

So. After about 5 months of waiting for KY to get the parts in stock, I got my recoil spring guide parts today.

Unfortunately, because I ordered the complete assembly, it came pre-assembled :P

And this one was tightly screweed in/glued as well, but not as bad as my original one. So I managed to get the screws out and the spring off.

Then I went to find my Team GBB MP5K recoil spring that I had in a bag in the closet.

Turns out, not surprisingly I guess, that the MP5K recoil spring is significantly shorter than the MP5A2/A3 recoil spring... So all this work for absolutely nothing :(

I had no idea of knowing this without getting the original spring off since it was semi-compressed on the recoil guide rod.

fukk...

Well... I give up :|

So I figured I could stretch out the spring on my new guide rod I got from KY Airsoft, which I did.

Put it back together feeling pretty good. Went and got my WE MP5A4 and took out the original recoil assembly, and ... wtf? 

cx1aeIy.png

Original guide rod and spring at the bottom. New KY guide rod setup and spring on top. :(

Not even the right friggen part.

So by now I am slightly upset and figured I would have one more go at the screws on the original guide rod to get them off. And I ended up stripping both screw heads on it :P

I am DONE!

Well I did put the shorter one in and tested and it seemed to work just dry racking the bolt but I dunno. Any gain I have with a stronger spring on that is probably negated by the shorter lenght? :|

Anyways. It was a desperate attempt at trying to up the ROF with the A3 stock as I have the Angry Gun ROF buffer for the A2 stock. But slighty annoyed to say the least :P