G&P Buffer Tube Gas Tank for Marui 870

TheFull9

One thing that is leaning me towards the AG model is that they chose the low tube Mesa Tactical instead of the high tube that G&P chose. Then again, this gadget is all about performance, so the winner will be the one that does the job.

Mesa-Tactical_Telescoping_Stock_Adapter.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats why I'm leaning towards the G&P it sits more like an armalite in the shoulder so for me I think it will be more instinctive. It'll be much better for aiming in my opinion as once you've got the cheekweld that you are used to on an armalite platform you're comfortable looking down the sights.. 

Surely the AG model is a replica of the LEO?  I don't really see why the Low-tube even exists, doesn't seem to do anything different (at least from that highly detailed 3D full-colour graphic).

I'm massively preferring the aesthetic of the model AG is doing vs G&P, however there looks to be 2 very distinct advantages to the G&P right now.

1.  You can use absolutely any AR pistol grip, the Angry Gun is limited to those without a rear tang/extension

2.  You can add on (if they've done it right) any GBBr/RS lower receiver sling end plate, which is by far the best position to attach a 1-pt sling to me personally.  The side QD point will probably be fine for most people's tastes which is cool but I'm so used to using ASAPs and the like now I find anything that goes on the side just feels clunk by comparison

That said, the removable tube within the G&P must surely decrease gas capacity, it costs more and I have no desire to pay for that funky pistol grip or their rather average replica of the VLTOR stock, I would far rather just get the adapter kit and source my own grip and stock.

As above, potential fitment on the breacher and quality/gas-tightness will be the deciding factors for me in the end I feel.

One screw. Yeah, it has to be one screw because that's how Marui designed it (one screw to attach the stock). So am pretty sure the G&P will attach via one screw. How the stock it's self is put together, on the G&P, is anyone's guess. But it can't be too complicated due to how it attaches to the main body (one screw). Am definitely edging towards the G&P at this point. Solely on looks, not performance.

Well, yes and no. The point ("one screw!") was that he thinks the Angry Gun will be easier to install than the G&P, not that the G&P requires more than one screw to attach it to the M870. It is eminently possible that the G&P will be more complex to install than the Angry Gun - not in terms of how many machine screws attach it to the M870, but how much you have to disassemble the G&P in order to attach it to the M870. The Angry Gun requires you to unscrew the buffer tube; the G&P, which has some sort of QD fitting and valve in that area, might need to be taken apart further before you can screw it to the gun.

Anyway, I agree with the reviewer - the Angry Gun (and the Mesa Tactical LEO adapter it's a replica of) are much better looking than the G&P (and the Mesa Tactical high-tube adapter that's a replica of). Not everything has to handle exactly like an AR-15, and besides, I already have two of those. I suspect most people's choice between the two will come down to looks, rather than the actually relatively substantial design differences between the two.

I like how my face will rest, at a higher postion with the G&P (when aiming). Again, that's personal preference and nothin to do with one bing better than the other.

Are there no videos yet of people installing the G&P version? Might have to check my wallet, see if it can lend me some money to blow on a review. . . .

So the G&P is easier to install than the angry gun kit. Don't have fiddle about with aligning the stock tube (so that it lines up with the valve of the TM). That's a plus for the G&P. It looks as though you can't use the irons with the G&P kit installed.

Edit:- put my money where my mouth is. Just ordered a G&P stock kit, the waiting begins. . . . . .

Archived