G&P Buffer Tube Gas Tank for Marui 870

TheFull9

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahhh gotcha fair enough! 5 shells is what 50 shots (3rd mode)? Thats fairly decent. Not really enough to last a game though, deffinatley need a gas can!

One thing to note which may interest some people is with the buffer tube its probably 100x easier to run this on an external line. May even be able to link it up to a propane bottle.

The AG version is definitely much easier to run external, as the valve is already facing down and doesn't necessarily interfere with the stock. Still don't really understand the logic of G&P creating a smaller removeable cylinder within the stock tube... not like you would want to switch that in the middle of the game when all that work only gives you 5 extra shells. 

• 2 weeks later...

Will give that a try -- What about if you leave the tube in place but fill from the fill valve there rather than the top valve?

One thing is that it doesn't seem to fountain gas at all (the stock set up on mine did almost straight away) but this makes it hard to know if it's full... it is possible that I haven't properly filled mine to max since getting it. I get 5 shells max at the moment. That said, those are full power shots and the last very taper off very quickly so you'll know you're running out. The stock system seems to power down more slowly and at this moment in time seems to hold more gas.

Still, like the system at lot - no chance of the butt pad coming off and the ergonomics are great! The paint is terrible though and scratches very easily through the metal underneath -- I'm not that bothered, but others may be.

• 1 month later...

I had a second go with the G&P Tank - if your heart doesn't break from the fountaining of gas, then keep filling for about 30 seconds (this was with the tank fitted) and it'll do 10 or so shells. That's about what I recall getting from the standard set up. It may have done more, but I refilled between games.

im still torn whether to get the angry gun or this version, but just a heads up about using green gas is the output valve leaking, which looks like this:

DSC_0526.jpg

(Courtesy of GSO Geko)

There are some DIY to minimize the leakage, check out the thread here:

http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/212802-marui-m870-fix-and-tuning-thread/

There is no denying that the tactical m870 output valve is not designed for higher gases such as green or red and the release under higher pressure is within the design.

If anyone is interested in this, you can fix it entirely with this output valve, which will push your shotgun into 430fps range on 6-Shot mode. making it a truly outdoor primary.

check this video out:

http://youtu.be/W52eju4OJnE?t=30s

i've just enquired about the product and if i can get one, revamping my tactical as a primary might be the on the table! :D

Archived